It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing illegals from the country - Nationwide bounty for turning in illegals - self deportation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There is a fairly easy way that the illegal immigration problem could be handled in a very inexpensive way that could be done without implementing any new technologies (other than a website/phone center & larger customs force/personnel) and could be done in conjunction with the building/completion of the wall. We've all seen the estimates of illegals and the numbers range from 12-30 million with some saying it could be pushing 40 million or over 10% of the population (including if the illegals were added to the countries population #!!!!).

We all heard the number of what illegals cost the US every year in government spending and that doesn't even include the suppressed wages (especially for lower skilled jobs), cost of crime (monetarily and emotionally) to US citizens, and suppression of technology/innovation b/c cheap labor is available (which is actually a fairly high unseen cost) - among many other hidden costs. US citizens have to rely on a beleaguered social services system, which in many cases totally fails them, because it is over-burdened due to illegals - this is a huge cost to the citizens. And finally the extra taxes & retail prices/fees (think hospitals, EMS, health care, etc - b/c it subsidizes illegals who don't pay) paid because it has to compensate for those not paying.

So if there were a $1,000 reward offered for each illegal turned in, that would be only $30 billion! That number sounds pretty similar to another number I've heard thrown around for another project that is currently in the news. I suspect $1,000 would be enough to get the vast majority of the people reported and then the amount could be raised to increase the response or those searching for the illegals. Even if the price of $5,000 was paid, then the cost would be $150 billion or $300 billion at $10,000 per illegal - and these numbers are using the 30 million illegal population number.

Now the problem with this model is that it creates an incentive for people to sneak in to be deported by a family member IF there isn't much of a penalty for being caught - so that must be considered. To compensate for that, the country should institute an account for each country where aid is withheld, assets frozen/seized, or tariffs put in place to pay for the cost of deporting each illegal. The US will get the $ back for the bounty as well as the administrative, housing and transportation cost of deporting the illegal and then the illegal can deal with the consequences within their home country (they can pay them back when they get home). This would completely eliminate any person looking to game the system unless they can make MUCH more $$ in their home country than they can make in the US, which would give them no reason to sneak into the US to begin with.

When these policies are put in place, there would be a stampede of illegals trying to exit the country b/c they would not want to be stuck with the bill of the deportation, because it is going to be long and slow (much more costly for the illegal) - you know, bureaucracy - so it is actually beneficial to make the bounty something like $20-50,000 if you want people to self deport b/c even if it was $1,000 and say $8,000 for admin/housing/feeding/transport fees so $9k, it would take the illegal a lot of time paying that off to their government in a country with a lower capita income.

I say that this is the perfect thing to use the "FEMA" camps, the converted Wal-Marts and any empty large big-box store or empty mall. IDK if this type of thing has ever been discussed by the politicians but I can't see how it could cost much of anything to implement other than the costs already mentioned. The cost of the CBP/customs could also be factored in, either a set $500 per person, or whatever. If they make it hard (holding up in a house/barricading or whatever), then they pay like people pay for EMS/fire services, just the same.

Think of what this could do to bring wages to a point of where they should be, what would the work place look like, how would that change morale in the work place now that they are being paid wages that are not the minimum. If Dem's want $15/hour, then this is the way to do it and it will also allow for proper election procedures and results in the future.

Population reports:
www.nytimes.com... n-study.html

thehill.com... it-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us

en.wikipedia.org... _United_States

phys.org... ion-roughly-current.html

edit on 1 10 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

HEHE that is funny!

Run those numbers again my friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This would also be a large economic stimulus as there would be the influx of the bounty as well as all the $ paid for the deportation fees. This would be very similar to an economic stimulus plan but it would be without the inflation from the Fed printing $. While some prices would go up, or corporations profits would go down (to the level they should be at w/o an artificially low wage work force) I suspect the large stimulus would greatly offset this issue, as for every $ spent, it is turned around and spent many times over before it is taken out of circulation in "savings" (or off-shored), or extracted in foreign exports.

Also to increase the self deportation, they should state that anyone deported is barred from entry into the country again, or for XX # of years and possibly/probably from applying from citizenship or being eligible for "chain" migration.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

HEHE that is funny!

Explain. I don't see what you are differing with. The math or the "numbers".

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Your plan would save the government a lot of money! Far more than the $1,000 bounty.

But how do we as individuals determine that a person is here illegally, and perform the citizen arrest?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

HEHE that is funny!

Well I agree with your idea but to sustain that in the future would be more expensive than the wall.
So we have to decide which is more feasible in the long run.
Btw I am totally against a wall but I can look at this with a open mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The return of the Bounty Hunters

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sounds like a good business for the mafia and the cartels. Smuggle in a lot of illegals, and then report them for the bounty. This is so easy to exploit. Will cause a lot of hardship and corruption. Who thought this up? Not too bright eh?

I can see corruption on a grand scale on all levels here.
edit on 10-1-2019 by AWonderousOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

HEHE that is funny!

Well I agree with your idea but to sustain that in the future would be more expensive than the wall.
So we have to decide which is more feasible in the long run.
Btw I am totally against a wall but I can look at this with a open mind.

I'm just tossing out ideas since no one has really put out any suggestions or alternatives for how to handle the immigration situation.

I think this would be economically beneficial to the US (especially the tax payers!), it would create

I think this could be even more effective if a fine were added for businesses/people caught employing illegals which could be an added bounty, such as an extra $5,000 for turning in a business employing an illegal. Say the bounty was $1,000 for turning someone in. If the person could turn them in AND where they are working, they would get $6,000.

Now IDK who should pay that $5,000, the illegal or the company. I think the illegal should and in addition, the company should be fined by the government for $XXXXX and that will go into funding for Customs/CBP/INS. Making the illegal pay would increase the self-deportation effect as well and greatly increase the rate of people looking for illegals.

As far as the wall, I think it works when used with other methods. If it can be used strategically to make it less possible to cross over long stretches (making it more difficult to catch the people), then this creates a "funnel" effect that will leave a smaller stretch that needs to be patrolled.

I think they could use other things, much less "secure" in areas that are already either difficult to cross (like the mountains) or are very remote, such as sensors and less "substantial" fencing, maybe something like what is used at military bases which are very inexpensive and can be built on site (basically stackable cubes filled with dirt/sand - look at the walls at military FOB's in Afghanistan/Iraq/etc).

If you made it so the illegals had to travel 30-40 miles east or west from any center of population (meaning a wall extending that far in either direction) then that should greatly reduce the need for patrols in that area and they can use sensors where the wall ends (and place the stackable walls intermittently for few mile stretches after that - to allow for CBP to "hide" or set up patrol bases).

I'm working on ironing out the detail of what I think could work, IDK whether I think it SHOULD be implemented but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed b/c there could be a point where it is necessary.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
wow what a great idea !

maybe you could get Hugo Boss to design their uniforms

and you know you don't have to deport them

you could, well you know come up with a final solution of sorts

Hey you know who'd be good at working the business and logistics out ?

Donald Trump

He's and amazing negotiator and doing a great job helping 800K federal Employees

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I wish that was the policy. I would be rich.

They are all over in the construction industry.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

so, will you citizen arrest people by looks? Put them on trains by the thousands? Take their belongings? Why is this sounds so familiar?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I wish that was the policy. I would be rich.

They are all over in the construction industry.

Can't deny that. I know many as well. One is a brother-in-law of my own. He makes a good wage. And not only that, he uses that money to buy up property and makes houses and apartment complexes back in his home area. He knows if he ever gets deported he will live out the rest of his life in luxury.

In the US he lives like a poor person. But he owns much more property than most Americans can think of owning. There is so much more to the world than most people think.

This is a Mexican hack of the American system. I know the same type of hacks of the Mexican system by Americans that are far greater.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Great idea. But it really on people not be dumb as #.

Problem is you will get dip#s picking up legitimate tourists or US citizens because they are ignorant arse holes who think because someone has a accent or looks different they must be illegal......

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

How would you know who is illegal and who is not?

It sounds simple but it really isn't.

I think that is a very slippery slope my friend.

www.washingtonpost.com...
"Born in Philadelphia, U.S. citizen says he was held for deportation to Jamaica at ICE’s request"

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
Great idea. But it really on people not be dumb as #.

Problem is you will get dip#s picking up legitimate tourists or US citizens because they are ignorant arse holes who think because someone has a accent or looks different they must be illegal......

Yeah, that is why there would need to be some kind of "false report" penalty (see below) to make sure those reporting are certain the person is illegal. I'm not saying that it would be easy for people to "make money" from this, unless they are in an industry where they know for certain, but the goal is to make it more "painful" (financially) for the illegal and the business so that they self deport, which would fix the problem w/o having to involve gov agencies (and pay a bounty).

The false report penalty could be something like once they give a false report they can not make any more reports. Now this doesn't stop them from working with others, but it would make it more difficult. I'm still working on the entire idea, I was just tossing around ideas of how to do it w/o implementing some massive gov spending or creating a new agency or greatly expanding one.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
And everyone ignores my sage understanding of which they have no inkling or idea of. Good for you. Thumbs up guys. And no. I will not sell you my hacks, or my knowledge. Nor will I give it to you freely. You are too close-minded and stupid as a group.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

How would you know who is illegal and who is not?

It sounds simple but it really isn't.

I think that is a very slippery slope my friend.

www.washingtonpost.com...
"Born in Philadelphia, U.S. citizen says he was held for deportation to Jamaica at ICE’s request"

Well you can't really know unless you hear it from them, or hear it from somoene they know. It would need to be verified by the person reporting before they report it. The thing is that there are always people who will do illegal things, either breaking into a country illegally or reporting someone who is a citizen, visitor, etc.

I have a question, how would someone feel if they went through immigration, spent say $10-20K and spent 2-5 years to immigrate legally, if they got a knock on their door and an officer was standing there asking for proof of citizenship? They get their papers, the officer verifies them, and they go on their way.

Would they be glad that the $ and time was well spent and glad they did things the right way, or would they storm out of the country b/c someone reported them.

Now if it happened every week (which it wouldn't b/c they would be in the system, and it would be verified by then), that would be different.

I suspect it won't be much of a problem for people here legally. People aren't going to report anyone with an accent, I know that is what the MSM would want you to believe, but people are much more cultured than that, and the ones that aren't are going to find out pretty quick that that kind of behavior is totally unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AWonderousOne
And everyone ignores my sage understanding of which they have no inkling or idea of. Good for you. Thumbs up guys. And no. I will not sell you my hacks, or my knowledge. Nor will I give it to you freely. You are too close-minded and stupid as a group.

Did someone make you upset or something? I'm not sure I understand why you are upset. Is it b/c no one responded to you?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have an even easier and more efficient way to eleminate illegals in the US. Knowing now how deeply rooted hypocrisy is in the Democratic Party, give every illegal the address to a Democratic politicians home with the promise of free room n board upon arrival, medical, food, education, and a $1,000 per person, all to be paid out of the politicians pocket until their paychecks are reduced by at least 50%. This would create a bus shortage, but guaranteed to solve the illegal immigration problem overnight.

What’s good for the goose must be good for the gander right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join