It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg won't sit for SCOTUS arguments??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Even though I don't agree with Ginsburg's politics on some issues, some I do, Ginsburg is the real deal and has my respect.

I don't see an issue with this. As long as she is privy to the arguments, she can make decisions from anywhere.

Her mind seems sharp, even if her body is failing. She's not sleeping in those photo's, she just does not have the strength in her neck to keep her head up anymore. Nothing to do with her mind.

I probably won't agree with her decisions and often don't, but I won't pretend she's not capable.

Having said that, I do think there should be a mandatory retirement age. Nothing to do with Ginsburg, just makes sense to me. Takes away the temptation for Justices to stay too long for partisan reasons.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Ginsburg should have a spokesperson give regular updates on her condition, since she's so important to so many Americans.

That would snuff-out the rampant speculation that's making the rounds today.

For Consideration:

Given how far the far-left wing of the political apparatus was willing to go in their constructed attack against a prior Supreme Court nominee (Kavanaugh); in collaboration with the intelligence apparatus of the U.S. DOJ; one has to wonder if the same ideological forces are not hiding the actual inability of Ginsburg to act as a Supreme Court justice.
Excerpted from: theconservativetreehouse.com... -mind-and-body/#more-158582
edit on 1/7/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We shouldn't have 85 year olds on the bench.

Well gee willikers... why dont you go to washington and propose that #? or just sit here and pretend you are smarter than everybody?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

So you would be ok with a spokesperson that spews lies for a supreme court judge?

It has been proven hucklbee spews the lies of the president... that is what you want now?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
She either shows up and performs the duties she was elected for or step down and let younger more able people do it.

Thanks for your service, but it's time to step down... that is the cycle of life!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
She needs to retire immediately. Her law clerks weren't put on the bench. She was and if she can't do her job she needs to be put out to pasture.

If she's even alive right now. I wouldn't put it past the Dems to fake the fact she's alive or have her on life support but tell everyone that she is "too tired to have visitors at this time (till 2020).

She needs to step down immediately. And anyone that says different is being a partisan shill.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

how many times did you call in sick last year?? aren't you glad your boss didn't have that attitude???

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i am persnally of the opinion - that actuall attendance really is not required to ajudicate typical SCOTUS cases

there is rarley - physical evidence , adversorial cross examination or hostile witnesses

unlike say - a rape allegation - with poor physhical evidence - in which case every nuance of the witnesses may ne critical

its my opinion that justice ginsberg - can deliver a vald vote based on just whats delivered to her as a reading list - as lon as we know that her reading list was not tampered

BUT

i have to question her motives for refusal to resign - she has even pledged to carry on 5 years

thats just partisan wingnuttery

justice ginsberg - give it up - resign and have fun with the rest of your life

i believe she is ATTEMPTING to out last trump - and hopes that a democrat will suceed her

its not worth it

They would rather run this sick old lady into the ground over politics than do the right thing.

That's the Democrat way.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
You know- shes addressed falling asleep at the SOTU...
She drinks.. with the other judges.... before the speech. And gets tired. And has done so on more than one occasion. Much ado about nothing?

The best bits of the evening were when Ginsburg talked about hitting the bottle. You may have noticed the 83-year-old judge and reluctant pop culture icon has some trouble staying awake at the State of the Union every year. Well, she has a good reason for that: As she told attendees at last week's event, she's hammered. Or, in the more measured words befitting a Supreme Court justice, "not 100-percent sober." It seems the judges get together every year for dinner before the President's speech, and sometimes things get a bit out of hand (read: the wine flows freely). Ginsburg recalled that the first time she passed out during the State of the Union she had intended to stick to sparkling water, but then Californian Justice Kennedy brought "a couple of bottles of Opus One from California," and, well, you know how it goes.

link[/ quote]

So you are ok with a woman that's apparantly such an alcoholic that she gets smashed and passes out at public events?

If I remember correctly you were one of the "crucify Kavanaugh for drinking in colege"mib weren't you? Ya you were.

Drink in college=evil

Be an alcoholic and pass out at public events= much ado about nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: [post=24091273]burdman30ott6[/post

I haven't really seen anyone demanding that she tough it out till they carry out her dead body... I know there's alot of people praying for her to regain her health so she can remain though.
she shouldn't be pressured to stay, but she also shouldn't be pressured to go! she's an 80+ year old adult who has the mental capabilities to know when it's gotten to be too much for her. when that time comes, I am sure she will take her exit!!
yous did the same thing with McCain... griped, bitched, complained and whined that he wouldn't stop down after you found out he had brain cancer.
if you want my opinion it's not their health that you are worried about, yous are just picking any excuse you can to get them out and someone in that is more pleasing to your political viewpoints. and while yous accuse the liberals of playing politics with the justices, may I just remind yous that it was the republicans that held off seating a justice for what, around year, till they could get a republican in the presidency to give them a conservative judge??

wow, the lady's over 80 years old and this is the first sick day she's taken, ya, it might be followed by a few more, but still, she probably has a better attendance record than most of the american population!! give her a break!!!

Its a little more than a sick day isnt it though?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

So you would be ok with a spokesperson that spews lies for a supreme court judge?

It has been proven hucklbee spews the lies of the president... that is what you want now?

Uh oh! I'm sensing the beginnings of a Trumper Tantrum!
edit on 7-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No conspiracy here!
She hasn't missed a day in 30 years but now since Trump is president its ok!
Right.....
edit on 7-1-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: headorheart

Being absent is perfectly understandable.

You'll get no argument from congress on that, apparently they can't even be bothered to read....

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

lol!!! ya, sure... for some reason I think that anyone foolish enough to stand in front of her and tell her what she should do one way or another might find out just how strong willed she is, even if sick!!! she just doesn't strike me as being the type of person who is prone to let others make such decisions for her.
and at least try to give the impression of honesty here. the conservatives have been drooling at the thought of her leaving the bench so they can have another conservative judge replace her much more often than the liberals have been trying to "run the poor sick old lady into the ground"!!!
after all, pretty soon, it will be in that time zone where well, it will be up to the voters to decide... and well, we could always see just how long we could stretch that time frame out if we have to!!! I mean, we can always adopt the "republican way"!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

lol!!! ya, sure... for some reason I think that anyone foolish enough to stand in front of her and tell her what she should do one way or another might find out just how strong willed she is, even if sick!!! she just doesn't strike me as being the type of person who is prone to let others make such decisions for her.
and at least try to give the impression of honesty here. the conservatives have been drooling at the thought of her leaving the bench so they can have another conservative judge replace her much more often than the liberals have been trying to "run the poor sick old lady into the ground"!!!
after all, pretty soon, it will be in that time zone where well, it will be up to the voters to decide... and well, we could always see just how long we could stretch that time frame out if we have to!!! I mean, we can always adopt the "republican way"!!!

So you got her making it 2 more years?
Let's be real here!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
don't know, is it?? how do you know it is?
even if she happens to miss a few days.... she still will have a better attendence record than most americans, many of whom are given about a week of sick days, along with personal days, along with vacation days, and somehow manage to blow through all of them and still be out.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree that we should know about anyone's fitness to serve. The problem that comes from that is if an MD says her mind is sound, the other side would just claim the MD is in on it. I doubt it would make a difference.

Like I said, I'm for an age limit, but in this case all that matters is whether or not her mind is sound and it has nothing to do with whether or not she works from home or not.

Emotion should never be a part of a SCOTUS decision. For that reason transcripts would be all she needs.

I suspect she may never return and expect to see an announcement of her retirement pretty soon. Until then, as long as her grey matter works.....

I'm purposely keeping partisan considerations out of this, because it can happen to a Justice on either side of debates in the future. It's wrong to base it on which side she sits on in decisions.

Still, I agree, they should keep people informed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

don't know, is it?? how do you know it is?
even if she happens to miss a few days.... she still will have a better attendence record than most americans, many of whom are given about a week of sick days, along with personal days, along with vacation days, and somehow manage to blow through all of them and still be out.

Who? Most people I work with show up when they are needed

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem
So you got her making it 2 more years?
Let's be real here!

I really don't think she will even finish this year...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join