It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg won't sit for SCOTUS arguments??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Airline pilots have mandatory retirement ages, and they're in charge of way LESS lives than the SCOTUS!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There comes a time when a person retires because they cannot perform their job. Hint...

There is ego and there is what is right for the country.
edit on 1/7/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Flyingclaydisk[/post]
There are contingency measures to deal with no majority opinion. Why are these not being used?

It's why such measures exist to begin with!

Like when we're stuck with 8 justices because one political party refuses to debate the nomination of someone for over 250 days.. cause.... well politics...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

really - are you actually unaware of methods to verify idenity remotely ?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Yes, among other reasons too.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You are assuming she is “there” when physically present and does not require note reviews to have an opinion as is?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You already know better than that question.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i quit this thread .

while i find the conservative effort to displace justice ginsberg at a time when " they " have the means to ensure her replacement = republican - is not pleasant

liberal fervour to keep her on the bench as long as she has a pulse - are truely repugnant

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24091273]burdman30ott6[/post

I haven't really seen anyone demanding that she tough it out till they carry out her dead body... I know there's alot of people praying for her to regain her health so she can remain though.
she shouldn't be pressured to stay, but she also shouldn't be pressured to go! she's an 80+ year old adult who has the mental capabilities to know when it's gotten to be too much for her. when that time comes, I am sure she will take her exit!!
yous did the same thing with McCain... griped, bitched, complained and whined that he wouldn't stop down after you found out he had brain cancer.
if you want my opinion it's not their health that you are worried about, yous are just picking any excuse you can to get them out and someone in that is more pleasing to your political viewpoints. and while yous accuse the liberals of playing politics with the justices, may I just remind yous that it was the republicans that held off seating a justice for what, around year, till they could get a republican in the presidency to give them a conservative judge??

wow, the lady's over 80 years old and this is the first sick day she's taken, ya, it might be followed by a few more, but still, she probably has a better attendance record than most of the american population!! give her a break!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
People! We're talking about the HIGHEST Legal Authority in the Country here!!!!

The stakes are beyond enormous...they have Global implications!!! We're not talking about some backwater Judge missing a day of Traffic Court!!

JEEZUS!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As long as she keeps voting against President Trump the left won't have a problem with her voting no matter what condition she's in.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, she is on death watch 2019

scotusdeathwatch.com...

ETA: At this point, 5 years seems too generous.
edit on 1/7/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

McCain was absent the Senate for months. He wasn't doing the job he was being paid tax dollars to do and, frankly, I couldn't stand the bastard. That went well beyond recent history. As I said earlier, I respect Ginsburg greatly and wish her well. McCain, not in any way would I use the word "respect" to describe that traitorous warmonger.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

One more time...

Ginsburg is more than entitled to time off!!

(READ THAT AGAIN)

That's NOT the point!!! I wish her a complete recovery, and as much as I disagree with many of her opinions, I even wish her a healthy return to the bench (if that's what she wants). Again, that's not the point!

The point is, while absent she is still rendering opinions, but without 100% of the context and/or information. And further, what precedent does this set for future similar actions by Ginsburg and others? How long will it be before we just have a SCOTUS Justice ball (think: Magic 8 Ball) with a little window in the bottom. Shake it a few times and...

SCOTUS Opinion - "Outcome Unlikely"

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I had cancer surgery two weeks ago, and I am still in recovery...... and 20 years younger.... Wish her well and a sure recovery, if not a fast one... just saying.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Maybe she needs to be close to a specific facility.... I do.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
and, like what was pointed out, it's not the first time a justice has been out sick and yet still took part in cases...
seems that they may have set the precedent??

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ginsburg has been on the Supreme Court long enough to not need transcripts of hearings. Her aid can give her a 5 minute Summary, and record her response, for when the vote occurs.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No argument there, hence my thanks to the member who pointed it out.

We shouldn't be repeating the action though...soon it will be habit.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I assume you forgot the

/sarcasm

switch, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join