It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Beer you've ever had??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Uh, excuse me........Lone Star?

O.K., lets get a bit honest here. Lone Star and Pearl. Both terrible "export" beers, especially canned.

But we knew that. That's why in Texas we know, (knew) to ask for Lone Star, Pearl "domestic" in the long neck bottles. Totally different and very good tasting.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Oh, Billy Beer is definitely one that ranks high on the S#tty beer list for sure!!

(forgot about that one too)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hope not too off topic...but I've recently been into red/amber ales.
So far...I like Fat Tire and Newcastle.
Can anyone suggest some other good bigger name Amber brands?
Every popular new beer coming out tastes too citrusy to me these days.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Only good thing about Lone Star was...the bottle!

LOL!! I won't go into why (not here anyway)!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah, I probably should have listed Budweiser (all of them). That's some S# beer right there!!

"The King of CRAP!"

My go to beer for the last 10 years has been Labatt Blue, which I have heard many people say is a terrible beer itself. Lol
But the combination of price, taste and buzz factor is perfect for me.
You can get a 15 pack of bottles or cans for like 10 plus deposit...a 24 case goes for like 16 plus deposit.
Drinking 7-8 of them along with multiple sipping shots of Crown Royal, puts me in the perfect zone without having to worry about a headache the next day.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You're a Bad Man!

My mother told me so!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Adams makes one called Cucamelon. So bad I poured it out on the grass and it not only killed the grass, but three birds and a cat.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My funny beer story...

Walked into a bar in Sydney Australia (went straight from the airport to a bar), sat down and told the bartender I wanted a Foster's. (Hell, I didn't know). He looked at me funny and asked me what I wanted again. Again, I told him a Foster's.

"Are you sure, mate???"

I told him that's what I wanted. So he starts rummaging around in the beer cooler, mumbling about how he thinks he might have seen one in there a while ago.

So I thought I'd be cute and said..."When in Rome, do as the Romans, right?"

He leers back at me and says..."We don' drink that piss down eeya, mate! We just export it to ya Yanks! Ya want a real beeah, have a Vee-bee"

LOL!

To this day I think VB is the best beer I ever drank! Just love that stuff!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That's bad!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I had a roommate that drank Hams beer. I never really seen him drunk. I drank one and understood why. There is absolutely nothing to that beer. It tasted like lukewarm water and that was straight out of the fridge.

The only thing Hams had going for it was the Bear, not the beer.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That's funny. Exact same thing happened to me in Sydney.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I would remarketing it as an expectorant.....or a pet barrier.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
I had a roommate that drank Hams beer. I never really seen him drunk. I drank one and understood why. There is absolutely nothing to that beer. It tasted like lukewarm water and that was straight out of the fridge.

The only thing Hams had going for it was the Bear, not the beer.

Yeah, I knew a guy who loved that stuff too. It was all he ever kept in his fridge. I'd go over to his house and he'd offer me a beer, and every single time I'd forget. He'd give me a Hamm's and it tasted like goat pee.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Newcastle Brown Ale - one swig of that swill almost ended my love of dark beer.

You deserve to burn in the bowels of hell for eternity for uttering such heresy; Dog is the KING of bottled beer....it has to be chilled so that the star on the bottle turns blue and MUST be poured into a traditional half-pint glass and continuously topped up not allowing the glass to empty.

I'm not a great lover of Real and Craft Ale's, far too warm and some of it literally tastes as if it had been used to wash Gandhi's feet.

I'm not familiar with many of the American brands mentioned but I'm no great lover of Bud either.

Marstons Bitter is particularly disgusting but pride of place has to be Stones Bitter.....simply undrinkable.

My personal favourites were Tetleys Imperial, McEwans 80 Bob and the beer I was weaned on Magnet Bitter.
Unfortunately its almost impossible to find Tetley's and McEwans nowadays and Magnet is not the same since its brewing operation moved away from Tadcaster and it varies so much from pub tp pub.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
Billy Beer.

Every politico inside the Beltway had to go out and buy a six pack of this foul, dangerously toxic swill. In my Dad's case, it was to have a few laughs at Jimmy Carter's expense.

Billy Beer wasn't the reason I quit drinking, but it sure has heck wasn't the reason I started, either!

That was Michelob's job, a year or two after my first and only taste of Billy.

1 billion stars for that...
That was going to be my post
Billy Beer
After all , I am a life-long Georgian
I did not know it made it out of Georgia , though
Very short lived brand
Except for the cases that brother Jimmy tried to barter with Iran for the hostages....

edit on 12/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Worst ive ever tried was something called "big mug malt liquor". So bad i was on my knees, holding my nose and still couldnt manage to down the whole 40.
Bought 2, threw 1 and a half in the trash in disgust.
edit on 12 29 2018 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
anyone remember the mickeys big mouth bottles?

laser if i didnt already mention it

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oddly, while I hated regular Miller beer (and it really does give me a splitting headache), I actually loved Miller Lite beer.

I'm the same with Labatt. I like Labatt Blue but hated Labatt Blue Light.

I've been drinking a bunch of different beers lately to see what I like and don't like and I made a list. I have a ton more down in the fridge to try yet, some of which I'm really excited about like the Boon Framboise.

Miller Lite - Pleasant cracker taste, no bitterness, 8 ibu
Labatt Blue - Pleasant cracker aftertaste, almost no bitterness, 12 ibu
Erdinger Oktoberfest
Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche Amber Ale - Smooth, no bitterness, 19 ibu
Samuel Adams Cold Snap
Moosehead Lager - Light body, short finish, grassy, 24 ibu

OK
Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest
Krombacher Weizen
Wittekerke
Wiehenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
St. Pauli Girl
Yuengling
Blue Moon
Killians Irish Red - Smooth, no bitterness, strange aftertaste. Drinkable but nothing special.
Iron City Beer Premium Lager - Just a basic lager, nothing special at all about it.
Samuel Adams Octoberfest

Hate
Victory Brewing Golden Monkey - Belgian-style tripel, 9.5% alcohol, unpleasant spicy fruit taste
Wells Banana Bread Ale
Abita Pecan Ale - Very oddly unpleasant taste
Erdinger Weissbier
Hoegaarden
Victory Brewing Winter Cheers
Ayinger Celebrator
Guinness
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Maisels Weisse - The beer itself was ok, but it left a strange and unpleasant aftertaste/mouthfeel, like the inside of my mouth was coated with melted butter.
Yuengling Golden Pilsner
Fruh Kolsch - Gave me a slight headache
Konig Ludwig Weissbier - Horrid aftertaste of what I'm assuming was clove
Bells Best Brown Ale
Leffe Blonde
Molson Golden - Too grassy
Pabst American Pale Ale
Pilsner Urquell - Immediate bitter vomit aftertaste
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar - Was actually ok. Smooth, but the hazelnut aftertaste was a little unpleasant.
Shiner Bock - Drinkable, smooth, no bitterness. Nothing special enough about it to ever want to drink it again.
Newcastle Brown Ale - No bitterness, low carbonation, smooth, but unpleasant "brown ale" taste
New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale
Hofbrau Hefe Weizen - Unpleasant taste
Coors Light - Like Miller Lite but without the pleasant taste. Watery, buttery. Tasted like dirty bathwater.
Paulaner Salvatore
Blue Moon Winter Wheat
Labatt Blue Light - Tasted like Coors Light, nothing like regular Labatt Blue

Anyway, would any beer connoisseurs out there be able to make me some recommendations based off my list? I'm particularly looking for anything with that "cracker" taste that I get in the Labatt Blue and Miller Lite.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Was Billy Beer even real?

I always wondered if it was just a gimmick. I mean, people couldn't really actually intentionally make something that horrible, could they???

First time (and last) I ever had it a friend of mine poured me a glass of it in his kitchen where I couldn't see him. After I got done retching I asked him what he'd given me. He told me, laughing.

Terrible horrible bastard!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Oh hell ya!!

I used to drive across the border into Wyoming to get them when I was in college in Utah!

Mickey's Big Mouths and a straw = one way ticket to fun land!!

I'll bet I've drank 5,000 gallons of that stuff in my life! Skunkiest beer imaginable, but it will get you hammered big-time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join