It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Beer you've ever had??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Clicking around on the interwebz and I stumbled across an old advertisement for Olympia Beer. That whipped up some nostalgia because the first beer I ever drank was a room temperature Oympia beer...and it was awful! I wondered to myself how people could even like beer if it tasted like that. I think I was about 12 at the time. I struggled to drink the whole thing, and never was able to finish it. Now, Olympia beer wasn't actually too bad if you got a cold one (I would find out later), but the advertisement got me to thinking about awful beers.

Of course, this is all just opinion, but I think the most terrible beer I ever drank has got to be Stroh's beer, hands-down. That stuff was just plain putrid. One sip and a guaranteed GAG! I think a close second would have to be Miller beer (not Lite, but the regular strength stuff). If I drink one of those I get an instant pounding headache.

Now, ordinarily I probably should throw Buckhorn beer into this 'awful beer' category, but Buckhorn holds a spot in my heart because it was so cheap that I could actually afford to buy beer in college. Plus, you could get Buckhorn at 7-11 (bonus!). Granted, it was on the bottom shelf of the cooler, but hey...it was cheap!

Schlitz Malt Liquor was pretty terrible too, possibly even worse than Olde English 800, but at least you could get blasted on Olde English 800 before you barfed your guts out. Schlitz Malt Liquor was pretty much an insta-puke beer.

Heh, I can remember when Corona beer was on the bottom shelf at 7-11 right next to the Buckhorn beer. Then all the yuppies got a hold of it and made it popular. As beer goes, Corona still sucks, but they have a clever marketing scheme (suckers! LOL!)

I'm sure I'm missing some, but what are the worst beers you've ever had??

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Oddly, while I hated regular Miller beer (and it really does give me a splitting headache), I actually loved Miller Lite beer. Drank it for many years. I swear it's a completely different beer from regular Miller beer. Maybe it has something to do with the color of the bottle, but regular Miller is just plain nasty.

I'm weird, I know.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Coors. That thing is undrinkable. I hate light beers. No body, no soul.

Main rule is : If the beer only makes you go pee a lot and not getting drunk, it's a bad beer.

edit on 29-12-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Buckhorn beer ...........the name says it all. They basically paid you to take it out of the store.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I remember Olympia beer from college. I didn't like it.
Our frat house had a vending machine stocked with the stuff...along with Coors.
Most everyone preferred the Coors.

WORST beer experience?...P.O.C. I don't think they even make it anymore...haven't seen it since I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Honorable mention in the 'awful beer' category:

- Ice House
- Tiger (especially warm Tiger)
- Generic beer (GACK!!) ***gagged even typing that one***
- Old Style
- (actually all "Ice" beers)
- Lone Star
- Carling Black Label

link   
Kokanee, a Canadian beer...Its a shame too because it used to be my favorite beer until they changed the ingredients into something that tastes completely artificial and disgusting...like many mainstream beers nowadays...

link   
Any. I don't like the taste. It tastes like piss; and, yes, unfortunately I do know what pee tastes like. Don't ask.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

back in the day i would drink the hell out of some schlitz

worst beer i have ever had?

earthquake is pretty bad
steel reserve is funk
kind cobra is pretty rag

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Newcastle Brown Ale - one swig of that swill almost ended my love of dark beer.

I should add to that any Guiness made in Canada.
edit on 29-12-2018 by Lazarus Short because: whoop de doo

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Any. I don't like the taste. It tastes like piss; and, yes, unfortunately I do know what pee tastes like. Don't ask.

We need you to make a thread about it. You were drunk or it was a survival thing ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Schlitz was okay if you got it real cold.

Their Malt Liquor could gag a snake though!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Bud Light.....hands down the worst ever.
Could never make it past 2 swallows any time someone has given me one.
I have drank all the others you mentioned, and none even come close to being as bad.
Just a terrible off taste that you could only replicate by taking all the swill in the bottoms of leftover beer bottles after an all night party and putting them in the fridge and drinking the next day, with a few cigarette butts mixed in.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

GAWD...I think I threw up a little in my mouth reading your last sentence!!!

LOL!!

**GACK...GACK!!***

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah, I probably should have listed Budweiser (all of them). That's some S# beer right there!!

"The King of CRAP!"

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Truth be known, I'm not a beer-snob either.

There are very few of the so called "craft beers" that I like. Most of them are just an excuse for people to get rid of hops. It's like, why did you even make a beer out of this, why not just bottle up some pure hops and call it good?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
DBL
edit on 12/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Buckhorn is pretty awful, but I think the worst I ever had was Dixie. Back in the day, my parents favorite was Fallstaff. I always thougt it pretty much sucked.

Just my contribution.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Billy Beer.

Every politico inside the Beltway had to go out and buy a six pack of this foul, dangerously toxic swill. In my Dad's case, it was to have a few laughs at Jimmy Carter's expense.

Billy Beer wasn't the reason I quit drinking, but it sure has heck wasn't the reason I started, either!

That was Michelob's job, a year or two after my first and only taste of Billy.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Gawd, I forgot about that stuff, Fallstaff!

YUCK!! I think they skipped the beer part and just bottled up the recycled beer instead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join