It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Beer you've ever had??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Newcastle Brown Ale - one swig of that swill almost ended my love of dark beer.

You deserve to burn in the bowels of hell for eternity for uttering such heresy; Dog is the KING of bottled beer....it has to be chilled so that the star on the bottle turns blue and MUST be poured into a traditional half-pint glass and continuously topped up not allowing the glass to empty.

I'm not a great lover of Real and Craft Ale's, far too warm and some of it literally tastes as if it had been used to wash Gandhi's feet.

I'm not familiar with many of the American brands mentioned but I'm no great lover of Bud either.

Marstons Bitter is particularly disgusting but pride of place has to be Stones Bitter.....simply undrinkable.

My personal favourites were Tetleys Imperial, McEwans 80 Bob and the beer I was weaned on Magnet Bitter.
Unfortunately its almost impossible to find Tetley's and McEwans nowadays and Magnet is not the same since its brewing operation moved away from Tadcaster and it varies so much from pub tp pub.

I looked over at your location, and saw "England." Dude, I despise Vegemite/Marmite too. Our likes depend on what we were raised with, so you are excused. Anyway, there is no Hell, bowels or otherwise. If you ever get the chance, try Arrogant Bastard Ale, even though you are probably not worthy.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Gothmog

Was Billy Beer even real?

I always wondered if it was just a gimmick. I mean, people couldn't really actually intentionally make something that horrible, could they???

First time (and last) I ever had it a friend of mine poured me a glass of it in his kitchen where I couldn't see him. After I got done retching I asked him what he'd given me. He told me, laughing.

Terrible horrible bastard!

Yes , developed for Jimmy Carter's brother , Billy. Although he drank PBR
Falstaff under Falls City Beer

edit on 12/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is this it?
leinenkugel beer orange shandy

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Remember Stroh's yuck, wasnt a fan of Miler either. Rolling Rock was underated

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Too many to name.
I'm not a big drinker but I live in Wisconsin so beer is everywhere.
I really don't like any of the orange ones, there was one that literally tasted like rotten orange peels and
stale beer (probably because that is exactly what it was!)

Some of the microbrews here try to be fancy schmancy and do some really bizarre things with beer.
Most of the times it is just not good.

Yup.
I'll be glad when they stop sticking all this citrus in beer. Beer should not taste like grapefruit juice.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Actually , the worst is Miller Ponies in the 70s
Had a green tint to it and not from coloration.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Newcastle Brown Ale - one swig of that swill almost ended my love of dark beer.

I should add to that any Guiness made in Canada.

Newcastle Brown Ale... we drank that as teenagers in the seventies... tasted horrid but got you drunk ! what else was needed as a teenager

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a chinese onion beer when i was in the merchant navy pure sh---t

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

oh come on great stuff [its a strong beer its a bottled beer with the north's biggest sale for complete satisfaction new castle brown ale

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ricards white...

Probably the only beer i ever dumped before finishing one from
A six pack

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is this it?
leinenkugel beer orange shandy

It might have been. We had one of those variety packs and I just remember it was horrible, I had to throw it out.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There was once a Belgian-themed restaurant fairly close, and they had every flavor of beer through the orchard.

The other day I had a cherry-ale, brewed by a local craft-brewery.
The first two were magic.
But the one I had the other day was suddenly nauseating.

Not including the odd beer here that had gone off, beyond its expiry date, served incorrectly or not cold, and so forth.
edit on 29-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Olympia beer was not that bad years ago, at least it did not taste like skunk piss. In fact it had very little flavor at all. Now Fox Deluxe, a beer we used to get in Sheboygan WI....that stuff was great as a super laxative. Just eat only cheese and drink Fox Deluxe and it was ok. The price though, it was five bucks for twenty four twelve ounce bottles. Half the price of other beer and it did get you buzzed.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
St. Pauli Girl.
reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: emilyscott

First beer I got chit faced on was Stroh's waited all night outside a 7/11 till somebody got us a 12 pack and a 6 pack,lol I was 14 years old. Camped out with a friend of mine, in our old RV parked in the front yard. Got sooo hungover I was a skinny little chit. LOL went out to piss early in the morning , threw up and then noticed we had scattered the beer bottles and cartons all over the yard. Had to run around picking all them before my parents saw them. LOL they knew any way Dad insisted we come in for breakfast, Mom made us runny as hell scrambled eggs, greasy sausage patties, gravy and warm milk. Sending me running to the bathroom again.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I shook the Mayor of Detroit's hand when they detonated the Stroh's brewery.

That place should have never existed!!!

Nastiest beer ever produced or known to mankind!!

I think people hated the Red Wings because of Stroh's beer, Tiger's too!! That beer would make anyone CRAZY!!

Absolute nastiest beer on planet Earth!!!!!

I think they mixed the Rouge River water with formaldehyde, and bottled it up as Stroh's!

Absolutely AWFUL!!!!!!

I can't even imagine a beer worse than that beer!!!

It was like chemicals in a bottle, each one different...snake piss in a controlled environment...guaranteed to hurt your head...GUARANTEED~!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I dated this gal in MI once. Her dad was a big-time Chrysler man (worked in the plants). Her pants were so hot she burned holes in them!

When I'd go to her house she had Stroh's and Vernor's in the fridge.

MI girls are the horniest, craziest, women I've ever known! It must be that grey sky for 9 months of the year there. They'll do anything!

Fun times!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but truly the worst beer in the world is Tecate spiced beer. One late Friday at work, my boss went out to to a near by 7-11 and brought back some beer. He gave me this large can of Tecate spiced beer. I thanked him and took a few sips. I almost gagged/puked. After he left I went to the bathroom a poured the rest out. It was the worst thing I have ever tasted that was suppose to be a beer. That stuff is truly awful.

ff

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not sure about the worst, but there was one I had that was weird and I wish I knew what it was, because it was like the opposite of other beers.

Most beers have kind of an ok initial taste with a gross aftertaste that can sometimes be hidden if the beer is cold.

This beer, however tasted utterly disgusting the second it touched your lips, but afterwards left a really delicious taste in your mouth. So you'd drink it, ewww gross, ahhh that's nice... um... wait... ewwwwww gross... ahhh that's nice... wtf? And just kept drinking it cause the effect was so weird...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join