It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Beer you've ever had??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Budweiser, light or regular. Both suuuuuuck.

Coors, light or regular. Again, suuuucky.

Corona, light or regular. WTF, who drinks this s#?

And Pabst. I pity the sucker that chokes that crap down without knowing how awful it is first.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

True story, stationed in Kunsan, and you had to insist the barmaid opened the beer in front of you cuz you needed to hear the pffft. Otherwise they were caught pouring dregs back to make a full beer....ciggs, chewing tobac and all. OB beer it was called. Feeling a bit ill so gonna have me some Hop House 13.
edit on 29-12-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Shows how uncultured you are. PBR is $44 a bottle in China.

newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Shows how uncultured you are. PBR is $44 a bottle in China.

newsfeed.time.com...

Lol, hey man, people think heavily salted fish eggs, or maggot-riddled cheese is a delicacy, too. Nobody ever said having money equals having taste buds

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Stationed in Malaysia, there anything below about 70F was considered "cold", so you could never get truly cold beer.

I can't hardly imagine anything worse than warm Tiger beer!! You'd be all looking forward to a nice cold beer and take a swig of that stuff and it was like taking a slug of warm carbonated formaldehyde! Heck, they could have put cigarette butts in it and it wouldn't have been any worse!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

One word...Durian

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Geez I forgot about PBR.
Yeah pretty bad stuff.
It’s hilarious that the modern day “yuppies” are drinking it now.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You know a beer is bad when you get a hangover BEFORE you ever get buzzed on it!!

When you have to power your way through the hangover in order to get to the fun part!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Castlemaine was terrible, but at only £12 a crate it had its handy moments in the summers.

The absolute worst for me though was San Miguel, I swear I used to have mini seizures from that stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Coors light is terrible, as is most light beer. Coors banquet beer is pretty good. I found a really old Olympia can under a house the other day. I find old cans every so often while crawling around houses. I have a small collection brewing.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Rheinlander Beer.

College.

Worst beer ever.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

bud [ US ] , coors , duff - in short almost all US comercial output

american beers tat are advertised beyond some local radio station are crap

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

LOL. Snap, I love Tiger and Cobra, BUT it has to be at 33F degrees and with at least a Madras level hot curry.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

maggots would also improve 99% of american " cheeses"

unless you are dealling with a insane deli owber - who ships stuff in from out state - cost and sanity be dammed - then NEVER buy american cheese thats sold more that 30km from where it was made

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Trueman

Coors light is terrible, as is most light beer. Coors banquet beer is pretty good. I found a really old Olympia can under a house the other day. I find old cans every so often while crawling around houses. I have a small collection brewing.

I not even knew there was more than one type of Coors. No thanks anyway. I'm loyal to my good old Sam Adams. If I need to be cheap, I go for Beck's.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hey what can you say...Budget cuts. That is pretty nasty though.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, admittedly, I may have had a bad experience with Tiger which led to me disliking it afterwards.

I was on this boat coming back from Tioman Island and the boat ran aground in the shallows. So we were stuck about 3 miles off shore in the blazing S. China Sea sun. No breeze at all and it was just flaming hot! They didn't have any water on the boat. All they had was this old cooler which had been sitting in the sun for who knows how long with about 5 Tigers in it. They'd been rolling around in that cooler for so long the paint was almost all worn off. For about 6-7 hours all we had to drink was not warm, but HOT, Tiger.

Not fun.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Too many to name.
I'm not a big drinker but I live in Wisconsin so beer is everywhere.
I really don't like any of the orange ones, there was one that literally tasted like rotten orange peels and
stale beer (probably because that is exactly what it was!)

Some of the microbrews here try to be fancy schmancy and do some really bizarre things with beer.
Most of the times it is just not good.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Clicking around on the interwebz and I stumbled across an old advertisement for Olympia Beer. That whipped up some nostalgia because the first beer I ever drank was a room temperature Oympia beer...and it was awful! I wondered to myself how people could even like beer if it tasted like that. I think I was about 12 at the time. I struggled to drink the whole thing, and never was able to finish it. Now, Olympia beer wasn't actually too bad if you got a cold one (I would find out later), but the advertisement got me to thinking about awful beers.

Of course, this is all just opinion, but I think the most terrible beer I ever drank has got to be Stroh's beer, hands-down. That stuff was just plain putrid. One sip and a guaranteed GAG! I think a close second would have to be Miller beer (not Lite, but the regular strength stuff). If I drink one of those I get an instant pounding headache.

Now, ordinarily I probably should throw Buckhorn beer into this 'awful beer' category, but Buckhorn holds a spot in my heart because it was so cheap that I could actually afford to buy beer in college. Plus, you could get Buckhorn at 7-11 (bonus!). Granted, it was on the bottom shelf of the cooler, but hey...it was cheap!

Schlitz Malt Liquor was pretty terrible too, possibly even worse than Olde English 800, but at least you could get blasted on Olde English 800 before you barfed your guts out. Schlitz Malt Liquor was pretty much an insta-puke beer.

Heh, I can remember when Corona beer was on the bottom shelf at 7-11 right next to the Buckhorn beer. Then all the yuppies got a hold of it and made it popular. As beer goes, Corona still sucks, but they have a clever marketing scheme (suckers! LOL!)

I'm sure I'm missing some, but what are the worst beers you've ever had??

Carling's Black Label, Budweiser and Pabst Blue Ribbon...with E + B a far 4th....but I'm going back to the 1960's....and that's just me.

1st 6pk I ever bought at age 18 and my 1st apartment was "From the land of sky-blue wa-a-ters" (sung to Indian drum beat and cartoon grizzly paddling a canoe...was HAMM's...

I really liked HAMM's....most did not....Haven't seen it in 40 yrs...so maybe it was awful....*

*ETA: yeah, Old Milwaukee too....even when I lived in Milwaukee....Milwaukee'ns themselves wouldn't drink it!
edit on 29-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Old Milwaukee...........otherwise know as Old Swill !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join