It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Beer you've ever had??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hope not too off topic...but I've recently been into red/amber ales.
So far...I like Fat Tire and Newcastle.
Can anyone suggest some other good bigger name Amber brands?
Every popular new beer coming out tastes too citrusy to me these days.

Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche Amber Ale. If you can find some where you are, try it.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Heh, I with you on the Guinness.

Drink a can of that stuff and you can sit there and watch your fingernails grow before your eyes!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I'd say VB, but you can't get it in America. Hell, I'd drive to Canada for it if you could get it there!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A lot of top selling names listed here. Maybe I wouldn't buy them but how bad can they be if so many people like them?

Sometimes a good beer goes bad just sitting in the sun on a loading dock. My idea of a really bad beer was one called Mickeys. This beer was proof that colored bottles mean nothing. It came in a green bottle. When it first appeared, it was a cheap, crappy beer with a punch. Some people I knew bought it for the alcohol. After almost a year on the market, it changed. For some reason it developed a skunk flavor and aroma, very strong and downright disgusting.

Most everyone stopped buying it at that point. The last one I tasted had a rotten egg taste and odor. That sip was it for me but I still saw it on the shelves for another year before it disappeared.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The one i picked up and drank with cigarette buts in it.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Yep, BTDT! (more than once too!)

***BLECH!!***

Not aware of any beer which will pass that test.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Sometimes a good beer goes bad just sitting in the sun on a loading dock. My idea of a really bad beer was one called Mickeys. This beer was proof that colored bottles mean nothing. It came in a green bottle. When it first appeared, it was a cheap, crappy beer with a punch. Some people I knew bought it for the alcohol. After almost a year on the market, it changed. For some reason it developed a skunk flavor and aroma, very strong and downright disgusting.

Actually, the color of beer bottles does mean something. Green glass will let in more light than brown glass, which makes it easier for the beer to go bad and develop that exact "skunk" flavor you mentioned. This is the major benefit of canned beer.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I’ve got a story for you, that might make you think twice before drinking Budweiser again.

Think about their infamous advertising campaigns about beechwood aging...

In the 80’s my father was a lumber broker. One of his accounts was Budweiser. One day he met the Budweiser rep at the mill. The rep wanted to purchase some of my fathers companies beechwood for their beer.

My dad had a couple different products to show him. The Bud rep finally decided on one of them to purchase. My father looked at him and said ‘but that beechwood is pressure treated?’. The rep looked back at my dad and said ‘So?’. My dad replied back ‘it’s toxic’. The rep responded back ‘oh that doesn’t matter’. My father sold him the wood.

And so, all the years you heard Budweiser advertising this amazing method of beer making with beechwood, is what made their beer so great. Well, what they were selling you as great thing — was actually a toxic one.

My dad hasn’t drank a Budweiser since then.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Not Good. I got a good stomach but the lunch came up on that one.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I wouldn't be surprised if they brewed that swill in a septic tank!

That is some awful beer!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hope not too off topic...but I've recently been into red/amber ales.
So far...I like Fat Tire and Newcastle.
Can anyone suggest some other good bigger name Amber brands?
Every popular new beer coming out tastes too citrusy to me these days.

Breckenridge Brewery Avalanche Amber Ale. If you can find some where you are, try it.

Thanks. I'll look for it.

link   
a reply to: toms54

big mouth bottles

link   
Corona is horse piss. Or at least it tastes like it. Why do you think everyone adds a lime to it. Any beer that you have to add another ingredient for it to be palatable, should not b made in the first place. Terrible beer that doesn’t even get you a buzz. Maybe the reason it’s always bad is the clear bottle.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Worse beer I ever drank was definitely “Dark Lord” from a Brewery called “three Floyds”...

This is significant because it is a highly sought after, very rare beer that people wait in line for hours just to get the hands on a bottle, and the bottle sells for about $50, and then resold by collectors for as high as $200...

A generous friend of mine got one for $60, and we couldn’t finish it.

Tasted like syrup mixed with motor oil.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

A lot of top selling names listed here. Maybe I wouldn't buy them but how bad can they be if so many people like them?

Sometimes a good beer goes bad just sitting in the sun on a loading dock. My idea of a really bad beer was one called Mickeys. This beer was proof that colored bottles mean nothing. It came in a green bottle. When it first appeared, it was a cheap, crappy beer with a punch.

I remember Mickey's Big Mouths. Fastest/cheapest way to get your date drunk in college. Lots of alcohol.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Corona is horse piss. Or at least it tastes like it. Why do you think everyone adds a lime to it. Any beer that you have to add another ingredient for it to be palatable, should not b made in the first place. Terrible beer that doesn’t even get you a buzz. Maybe the reason it’s always bad is the clear bottle.

Maybe it’s just their marketing, but I have always picked up a 12 pack of Corona a couple times a year during the summers and put them in a bucket of ice and banged a few down out on the deck.
And I always put a lemon in mine instead of lime, slightly better taste to me.
It satisfies me for a couple of hours lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Dude, I agree about their marketing. I usually enjoy their commercials. Especially the cinco de mayo ones. And I hate commercials! But the beer sucks! I’m a lush, and I won’t drink it, even if it’s the only thing in front of me.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yep, just horrible stuff, but suck it down through a straw and you won't even taste it!

Chug about 2-3 of them like that and you're already halfway to the Moon!!

LOL!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bottle beer that was skanky. Oy!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Heh, I had a case of them in the trunk of a Honda Accord one time and got rear-ended on a freeway exit ramp. Totaled the car (but that's another thread). Smashed about 3/4 of the bottles in the trunk. The responding highway patrol dude thought a skunk got ran over in the wreck!! He actually thought that was what caused it!!

LOL!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join