It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen in Russia if a default occurs in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Imagine that big problems really started in America - the default, the dollar depreciated, the global crisis, inflation, the growth of unemployment on a cosmic scale. How will this affect Russia and the Russians?

1. Russia will lose the remaining 14 billion dollars invested in US government bonds. In order to compensate for the losses, the retirement age will be raised to 80 years, and gasoline up to one hundred rubles per liter.

2. Mass suicides of Russians, whose anti-Russian activities were funded from American sources, will begin.

3. In Alaska, renewed voting for secession from the States and accession to Russia.

4. Sanctions against Russia will be lifted, in place of imposed European sanctions against Ukraine and Georgia.

5. Baltic politicians will recall that they had once learned Russian.

6. The ruble will become a convertible currency in all countries of the world, without exception, even in those where they have never seen or held in their hands the ticket of the Bank of Russia.

7. Following Roy Jones and Steven Seagal, a request for Russian citizenship will be submitted: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Courtney Love, Harvey Weinstein, Arnold Schwarzenegger and ... a long list.

8. Leonardo DiCaprio, remembering that he had a Russian grandmother, will move to Russia under the program of repatriation of compatriots, having received the free five-ton container set by law to transport property.

9. Stephen King will sell his house in the North American city of Bangor and will move to the North of Russia in the city of Murmansk, where he will look for inspiration for his future books.

10. Christina Orbakayte (popular pop singer), who recently left for America forever, will return to Russia, because of which her mother Prima Donna (Alla Pugacheva, has not left the TV screens since the 70s of the last century) will announce that she will not leave from the stage, thirty more years, because she needs to feed young children and an adult dependent daughter.

11. The main thing! In a short time, world peace will come.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Point 7 is questionable, some imports are not a good thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

I can add Pamela Anderson and Megin Kelly))
edit on 27-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Megin Kelly? reasonable. But be careful, American "celebrities" are often nut cases. When the makeup comes off is often not a pretty sight.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Megin Kelly? reasonable. But be careful, American "celebrities" are often nut cases. When the makeup comes off is often not a pretty sight.

RT offered her a job. Not as a spectacular and beautiful woman (there are many in Russia), but as a professional who knows how to recognize her mistakes and get out of the dope of propaganda. As a person who can think critically.

By the way, Larry King’s company for Maggie is not very bad)))
edit on 27-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It would be a good thing if Russian news and other content was more available worldwide. Megin would be a familiar face for the Americans.

I like Vladimir Putin, he got my respect over the incident here in Australia when our (then) idiot Prime Minister threatened to "shirt front" Putin at the G20 meeting in Brisbane.

The arrival of the Russian fleet off Brisbane was a wonderful response to the Australian Prime Minister. No words, simply power.

Russia sends warships . . . .

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I remember this incident.)))
I do not know the financial position of the RT, but I think that Maggie cannot afford it. Although they can agree on salary, insurance and various payments

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It would be a big step in her career to work for RT, and perhaps a one way choice. She would need to be brave.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

6. The ruble will become a convertible currency in all countries of the world, without exception, even in those where they have never seen or held in their hands the ticket of the Bank of Russia.

I’ve often wondered what would happen to Canada in the case of an extreme economical upset in the US. Basically, all I can come up with, is that we’re screwed....😕

So, I should learn about Russian money? Get back to learning way more of the Russian language? 🤔 Stock up on Vodka?

We’re already northern neighbours, our countries should be friendlier to one another.....

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

I’ve often wondered what would happen to Canada in the case of an extreme economical upset in the US. Basically, all I can come up with, is that we’re screwed....😕

So, I should learn about Russian money? Get back to learning way more of the Russian language? 🤔 Stock up on Vodka?

We’re already northern neighbours, our countries should be friendlier to one another.....

Definitely - YES. Moreover, in Canada, Saskatchewan, the family of my childhood friend, who emigrated from the USSR in 1980, lives. And in Montreal there lives the spouse of my best friend who died in 1986 from sarcoma. Their beautiful girl is now probably already a beautiful woman))) They are holding a Russian-speaking family kindergarten)

new topics

top topics

join