It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Successfully Tests New Avangard Hypersonic Missile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yeah know where you are coming from and totally agree Ukraine was the biggie. In the long run it's inevitable that Moscow will push to get increasing influence over Ukraine again. They lost it before after 'independent' Ukraine actually went truly independent post Orange revolution then Russia got it back again under Yanukovych, then lost it again a few years ago. I can't see Ukraine being handed NATO protection so it will fall at some point under the dominance of Moscow, or at leat some of it. My Azeri friend (only born there) who comes from Ukraine tells me the actual Kiev population in the main want close ties with Russia and everything we see in the western media is lies, how the economy has faltered under the western regime, the people have lost their jobs, how food has risen so much and how gas and electricity have gone through the roof. When I asked him if Putin will retake Ukraine he laughed and said "what would he want it for." He explained that the industrial east was very important to Moscow but that the west was a different people and they were actually a Nazi leaning region that Putin would do well to steer clear of. So many different things here and there from people and the media, tell the truth I dunno what to believe anymore

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not exactly a game changer. Most ICBM can go faster than this missile can.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
From the OP video, most of it is rocket exhaust then at the end it cuts to a distant footage.

If this were a conspiracy site I might wonder if that was even a launch of something new!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ukraine was known as the bread basket of the Soviet Union. Not Russia. The Soviet Union is no more.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Ukraine was known as the bread basket of the Soviet Union. Not Russia. The Soviet Union is no more.

Was. But with modern technology and equipment Russia has far more farm production than former Ukraine could have ever provided.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zukli

That may be true but it doesn't detract from the point I was making.

EDIT: It's not former Ukraine, it's former Soviet Union. Russia isn't, and is unlikely to be without force, the Soviet Union.
edit on 27/12/2018 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Smoke and mirrors to ratchet up paranoia.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"Russia Successfully Tests New Avangard Hypersonic Missile "

Which can Still be Compromised by AMERICAN Technology . Putin is Talking out his Arse here , or we All would not be Posting Right Now in a Non Radiated Peoplenet ........ .....

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yikes. So we need numbers again. Who would have thought.

We can't avoid getting hit. We have to embrace the doctrine that we can survive any attack.

That our deterrence is the counter attack.

I would make a mandate that 1/3 of our military forces should be sheltered in a network of underground hangers at all times.

We should surge military production and store the equipment away for a rainy day.

Edit to add:
People here are wrong. You can't stop a hypersonic missile going over mach 20. Not easily. Also, this missile can maneuver at speeds where plasma forms. We can't shoot that.
edit on 12 27 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I have to say i agree. Anyway what good is it when we can shut off their weapons from our triangles?

Your triangles are so slow. Speed plus proximity to blast. Besides if Tesla wireless powered (fuelless) - take out the generator and and things fall from the sky.

Hypersonic nukes, I think I have mentioned them before ; )

a reply to: face23785

The conspiracy theories about the MIC will "look to have some truth to it" to someone unless we completely shut down arms production and disband our military. I could make the same argument about credit card companies secretly controlling the American population to drive up our credit card debt and ridiculous spending, but in reality we're just dumb and don't know how to manage money.

I think you said it wonderfully face23785 when you say we are just dumb and don't know how to manage money.

And Japan's SDF is imposed by America. It is also the only example.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: added second reply

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The advantage to hypersonic missiles is reduced reaction time. You need to be able to detect them farther, and start trying to hit them farther away. The problem is finding places to put radar systems that can detect them. Something like the SBX is going to be needed, or long range radars on remote islands.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: tadaman

or long range radars on remote islands.

Exactly, which like the airfields and aircraft can be countered by B-2 and B-21 and F-22.

They can win a battle with a weapon, but not a war!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I was actually talking about us putting radars out there, to detect incoming hypersonic weapons.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Soow isnt always bad,but the attack versions are faster than these missiles i heard. Mach 25 if i remember correct in atmo with no sonic boom.

But thats just 2nd hand so it might not be accurate anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm not allowed to snoop on much anymore since "giving memories to make for Wednesday an older brother" .

Odd things happening yuppa, since that change. Power grids blowing up and that sort of thing. ATS is a goldmine of news, not that I have inside info. There is safety in not knowing I am reassured ; )

2019 might be interesting.

Have a virtual cigar old chum, two more have I adopted and a father be. ; )
edit on 28-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: neatness

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Avangard is powered by a scramjet. The upcoming BrahMos 2 anti ship missile is also powered by a scramjet Mach 7. It is very likely future fighter jets will be powered by scramjet.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

I'm not allowed to snoop on much anymore since "giving memories to make for Wednesday an older brother" .

Odd things happening yuppa, since that change. Power grids blowing up and that sort of thing. ATS is a goldmine of news, not that I have inside info. There is safety in not knowing I am reassured ; )

2019 might be interesting.

Have a virtual cigar old chum, two more have I adopted and a father be. ; )

Congratulations on fatherhood. Me and the missus got 2 in total in the future,or now our past....sheesh. Time is screwy. Smoke em if ya got em.#puffs cigar#
Got to get some morelys later. Set em on the stones.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is a glide bomb. It does not follow a ballistic trajectory. That makes it much harder to intercept. Imagine you are driving at 40 km/h and you are trying to intercept a car going at 200 km / h whose path you cannot predict. Pretty much next to impossible even if you are a good driver.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No, just much harder, unless you can get in a position to see that other car well ahead of you on a straight road. These weapons can maneuver, but there are only so many paths they can take to get to the target they're aimed at. If you can see them far enough away, you can put multiple projectiles in the way, and your odds of stopping it go way up. The almost, currently, overwhelming problem is putting yourself in a position to see and target them farther out.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, just much harder, unless you can get in a position to see that other car well ahead of you on a straight road. These weapons can maneuver, but there are only so many paths they can take to get to the target they're aimed at. If you can see them far enough away, you can put multiple projectiles in the way, and your odds of stopping it go way up. The almost, currently, overwhelming problem is putting yourself in a position to see and target them farther out.

True, but the consequence of a miss is disastrous. Each one is armed with a thermonuke and an ICBM can deliver dozens of MIRV each containing an Avangard. It turned out nuclear weapons make the world safe. If it wasn't for nukes, lord knows how many people would have died since WW2. The nature of men is evil. Slaughter men of other tribes, plunder the women of other tribes. Unfortunately, this is the evil nature of men, since the beginning of time.
edit on 28-12-2018 by zukli because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join