It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Successfully Tests New Avangard Hypersonic Missile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Vladimir Putin oversaw the launch of the Nuclear capable hypersonic missile which is claimed to be invulnerable to intercept by any existing or prospective missile defence systems .
The Avangard hypersonic missile is just one of the new technologies unveiled by Putin earlier this year , following the successful test Mr Putin said the missile will enter service next year with deployment to the military's Strategic Missile Forces.

The weapon was launched from southwest Russia and successfully hit and destroyed a target 3,700 miles (5954km) away in the country's far east, Mr Putin said.

He announced Russia had an array of new weapons, including the Avangard, in an aggressive speech in March, claiming they could hit almost any point in the world and evade a US-built missile shield.

"The new Avangard missile system is invincible for today's and future air defence systems and missile defence systems. This is a big success and a big victory," he said.

Mr Putin said the Avangard has an intercontinental range and can fly in the atmosphere at 20 times the speed of sound.
news.sky.com...

Our crispy future seems to be edging ever closer.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was going to post this story but I assumed someone beat me to it.

It would have to be seen to be believed, I know the USAF tested one a while ago, i'm pretty sure these things rely on kinetic energy rather than explosive energy.

Maybe we are heading towards the rods from god version 2.0.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
When they move from testing to deploying them things will get, ahem, interesting.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Russia pushing the arms race and people wonder why the US is pulling out of treaties with them. Anyway, it's a good bit of propaganda and in another clip I have seen there's Putin clapping and gloating like (er) North Korea's Kim Jong-un when he successfully launches a missile.

All this does is raise the ante, and Russia cannot afford or manage an arms race with the US, or anyone. Anyway, as a side note on Russian arms "invincibility"; where have I heard that before? Invincible Russian arms have littered the battlefields over the last few decades, or have been left to rot through lack of maintenance due to their cost.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Yes, it is a fact. The winged hypersonic Dagger missiles are already in service. Intercontinental Avant-garde hypersonic missiles will enter combat duty in 2019. Interestingly, all these weapons do not violate international treaties, do not go beyond the treaties with the United States.
Russia's asymmetric response to "highly likely" in action.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Do any of you believe the USA and NATO can sit doing nothing as Russia deploys nuclear capable missiles that can penetrate the defenses of our most well defended locations leaving the USA and allies vulnerable to attack by Russia?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That's probably one of the reasons for all these claims of unstoppable nuclear weapons Putin keeps making. Trying to get the US to come up with countermeasures to a fictional threat. Kind of like a Space Race 2.0.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hang on guys . . .

Please explain to a dumb aussie (me) why it is all peace and security when the USA developes a new toy, yet when the Russian Federation does the same thing it is all "brink of WW3"?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Hang on guys . . .

Please explain to a dumb aussie (me) why it is all peace and security when the USA developes a new toy, yet when the Russian Federation does the same thing it is all "brink of WW3"?

Respect !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Mainly because of ....

One of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Mainly because of ....

Or maybe the Messiah?)))))

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

To some perhaps , to those who can see behind the mask not.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

To some perhaps , to those who can see behind the mask not.

Oooh !!! Guru sees everything))) And I put you a flag)))

Remember the crowd that shouted: "Crucify him!")))
edit on 27-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Easy to see when it's displayed so openly , detention of political opponents , murder of dissidents abroad and interference in the political futures in other countries all show Putin for what he is.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Easy to see when it's displayed so openly , detention of political opponents , murder of dissidents abroad and interference in the political futures in other countries all show Putin for what he is.

Fake news has not changed for 2000 years)))

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hmmm . . . .

Mainly because of ....

. . . . and

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Mainly because of ....

Or maybe the Messiah?)))))

I can see a conflict here.

This will all end in tears you two.

I know! A double date! RussianTroll, Gortex and two cute girls. Women in uniform are hot! (IMHO)

It can only end in peace I am sure.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Fake news has not changed for 2000 years

I think it has and your Messiah uses it to full effect.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You are very right))))

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Fake news has not changed for 2000 years

I think it has and your Messiah uses it to full effect.

This is just a subjective opinion of the crowd, who shouted: "Crucify him!")))

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Why do Governments promote war and destruction instead of peace? They've been putting on a show for 1000's of years, this is why humans never developed and evovled into the tech age sooner. We could have been sending people to Mars over 100 years ago.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join