It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Successfully Tests New Avangard Hypersonic Missile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What's the big deal?

If russia or the US launch 100 ICBM's there is no way to stop the warheads from reaching their targets.
The only way to intercept those is during the launch stage. After they are in orbit you better find a hole.
That's with 40 year old rocket tech.

And I also believe this is why everyone is working on laser defense systems. Hypersonic missiles cant out run light.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I think so too.

Natalia Poklonskaya - (sigh) - A triple date?

But seriously, Natalia Poklonskaya is someone's daughter, a father's little girl. She doesn't deserve to die in a third world war. Nor do my kids nor anyone else's kids, be they Russian, American or otherwise.

When will people in charge learn peaceful coexistence?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

We will have a peaceful existence when we have free energy or at least very cheap energy.
No more fighting for resources

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

I think so too.

Natalia Poklonskaya - (sigh) - A triple date?

But seriously, Natalia Poklonskaya is someone's daughter, a father's little girl. She doesn't deserve to die in a third world war. Nor do my kids nor anyone else's kids, be they Russian, American or otherwise.

When will people in charge learn peaceful coexistence?

I have always supported Natalia. Even when she fled from Nazi Kiev, first to Kharkov, and then to the Crimea, where she became Chief Prosecutor. She is from a simple family, she made herself. Unlike many men, "she has eggs." Brave and infinitely beautiful woman))) It is a pity that she recently married for love (((Just kidding)))

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

A successful career and a family of her own. What more could one wish for.

One can see from her eyes, a gem of a girl. Her family must be very proud.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We will have a peaceful existence when we have free energy or at least very cheap energy. No more fighting for resources

I wonder, are resources all it is about?

Wasn't it the American president Dwight Eisenhower who warned of the Military-Industrial-Complex?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They never got over losing the Ukraine.

Maybe if it were ceded back to them they'd calm down.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

A successful career and a family of her own. What more could one wish for.

One can see from her eyes, a gem of a girl. Her family must be very proud.

Natalia sings a famous song on Victory Day on May 9

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Our crispy future seems to be edging ever closer.

If you're talking about the prospect of nuclear war, this development doesn't change the likelihood of nuclear war at all. Allow me to explain:

Our missile defenses haven't been deterring nuclear war. The only thing that's been deterring nuclear war is MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). There's no such thing as a "limited" nuclear war between the major nuclear powers. If any of us decided to launch, we'd be launching everything we have. The defense net would be overwhelmed and would only stop a fraction of them, and in the meantime the target country would launch everything they had in response.

The development of this weapon is actually meaningless in the calculation of how likely nuclear war is.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

We will have a peaceful existence when we have free energy or at least very cheap energy. No more fighting for resources

I wonder, are resources all it is about?

Wasn't it the American president Dwight Eisenhower who warned of the Military-Industrial-Complex?

Conspiracy theorists love that quote from Eisenhower, but as usual it is taken out of context. He says this during a 15-minute speech, but you'll never see the rest of it quoted by people who want to use it to support their zany theories. Eisenhower supported a robust military establishment. He believed, like Reagan later, that to be well-armed is a deterrent to war. When both World Wars started, we had a small military. We've had a much larger one since then, and while there have been regional wars, you haven't seen an engulfing major conflict between the world's military powers. He was merely saying that while we should have a large MIC, like any other large institution, we need to keep it in check. The Founders made the same point about government itself. Sadly, we haven't heeded their warnings in that regard.

For anyone curious, here's a decent piece about Ike's speech. And here's the full video:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Fair enough. But the American war machine still looks to be just a tad over enthusiastic though.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
They never got over losing the Ukraine.

Maybe if it were ceded back to them they'd calm down.

But it's not just Ukraine is it?

East Germany, Poland, Romania, Austria, Mancedonia, Montenogro, Croatia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech, Slovakia............................

From a Russian perspective there has been a never ending encroachment on their borders by westerners and their cronies. Is it any wonder they want some cutting edge military protection?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Fair enough. But the American war machine still looks to be just a tad over enthusiastic though.

That's a far cry from the usual nutjob accusations that the MIC starts all the wars so they can keep selling their equipment.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That's a far cry from the usual nutjob accusations that the MIC starts all the wars so they can keep selling their equipment.

Like many things here on ATS, there are extremes of views. I'm an Australian and military is not a big thing here. Like New Zealand and most other folks we try to get on with our neighbours.

Yet standing back and watching global events, the MIC looks to have some truth to it.

The military arm sales are big business globally now. One might say; war is business. Along with the manufacture of arms is the manufacture of enemies.

Enemies are neccessary, without enemies there can be no war.

What I dislike is the destruction of cultures. Afghanistan was said to be the friendliest place on earth in the 1970s. Look at it now. USSR, the US, Australia. All that the destruction of society does is to destroy happy people, families and children until the extremists take control brutally.

I look at Japan with it's constitutional Self Defense Force and cannot but wonder what the world would be like if every nation followed the example of Japan.

Arm sales would plummet, more money would be spent on families and quality of life.

My neighbor has a gun, but I don't need to buy a bigger one then his.

Where would it stop if he bought a bigger one than I?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hang on guys . . .

Please explain to a dumb aussie (me) why it is all peace and security when the USA developes a new toy, yet when the Russian Federation does the same thing it is all "brink of WW3"?

I have to say i agree. Anyway what good is it when we can shut off their weapons from our triangles?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

The conspiracy theories about the MIC will "look to have some truth to it" to someone unless we completely shut down arms production and disband our military. I could make the same argument about credit card companies secretly controlling the American population to drive up our credit card debt and ridiculous spending, but in reality we're just dumb and don't know how to manage money.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I look at Japan with it's constitutional Self Defense Force and cannot but wonder what the world would be like if every nation followed the example of Japan.

Yeah Japan is a great example. Restricted to only defenses forces, not by choice or their peace-loving benevolent nature, but by mandate from the victors in a world war that Japan started. Yeah, we should all just keep a tiny defense force like theirs, so the next Germany or Japan can go unopposed.

edit on 27 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am hoping that there is something out there that can stop this "threat" because we are all acting like the government tells us everything they have or are planning to make.

Not worried just wish the government could tell us so that we don't have to get "freaked" out.

There is prolly stuff that can whack these suckers out the sky no prob.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think Ukraine was the biggie though.

Most of those territories were Eastern Europe.

Ukraine was always part of Russia and is still known as 'the breadbasket of Russia'.

Real kick in the teeth when it became independent.

Not saying I agree with that, I don't agree, but it's why they are so angry.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: gortex

Our crispy future seems to be edging ever closer.

If you're talking about the prospect of nuclear war, this development doesn't change the likelihood of nuclear war at all. Allow me to explain...

Well, that's one way to look at it, but from another point of view Putin may just want faster delivery so he can spend his last 15 minutes gloating.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join