It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Our Moon a Holographic Projection?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Funny if nothing is real, an industrial accident like Deepwater Horizon can change the future.

Or the death of a parent can change the standard of living for their left behind family.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I didn’t know a moon hologram could leave rocks on earth....

Yes, sarcasm.

Lunar Meteorites

meteorites.wustl.edu...

How Many Are There?
It depends upon how one counts. More than 340 named stones have been described in the scientific literature that are lunar meteorites. Other rocks that have not yet been described in the scientific literature but which might be lunar meteorites are being sold by reputable dealers.

Huge Meteorite Hits the Moon

m.youtube.com...

So, with the moon, you have:
The solar eclipse thing.
The gravitational effects of the moon.
Pieces of moon on earth.
Witnessed meteorites hitting the moon.
Distance of the moon is measured by utilizing mirrors placed on the moon.
Radar is used to map the moon.
The far side of the moon was mapped.

The moon is not a hologram. Period.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Lets not insult the guy for asking a question. Ive done a lot of research on the moon. I guess I get that from my dad, as he is a research scientist and math whiz, among other things. Its ok to ask questions.

Sure -- questions are great. However, the OP's specific question regarding what he called "evidence" that the Moon is a holographic projection -- evidence that showed some ripples in a video of the Moon -- was explained to him as being just ripples in our atmosphere, which can be caused by many things: thermal inversions, differences in humidity, differences in temperature, and other things. I think these ripples look like they could have been caused by a passing plane, and this was the distortion from engines exhaust (passing unseen at the top or above the frame).

The OP was given this explanation, but chose to ignore it.

Someone on here remarked about the placement of the moon, math wise, and they are correct. The odds of it getting into that position are astronomical ( pun intended), its just not feasible.

If by placement, you mean how it can sometimes appear the same size as the Sun (such as during a solar eclipse when the Moon perfectly cover s the Sun), it should be noted that isn't always true. The Moon can vary in apparent size in our sky by 14%. Sometimes it looks the same size as the Sun, sometimes it looks larger than the Sun, and sometimes it appears smaller than the Sun. There have been solar eclipses that occurred where the Moon looked completely surrounded by a ring of sun because the apparent size of the moon was smaller than that of the sun.

The moon is much older then Earth from what I have read over the years.

The Moons' age is known to be slightly younger than the earth by a couple hundred thousand years. The Moon has been dated using radioisotope analysis of zircon crystals in Moon rocks and Moon meteorites.

sims.ess.ucla.edu...

It has a very large hollow section or is completely hollow. We know it rings like a bell when it.

That's not true at all. In fact, researchers think the "ringing" (actually long duration vibrations) was due to the Moon being more solid than they expected. The "rings like a bell" was only a figure of speech used by a researcher to describe how the Moon vibrated after an experiment in which they deliberately crashed a piece of rocket equipment into the Moon and took seismograph readings of the event.

That crash vibrated the seismographs longer than expected. It is thought that this longer-than-expect vibration (and moonquakes in general) lasted longer than earthquakes because the Earth is more cracked due to weathering while the Moon is more solid and less cracked.

Vibrations on Earth, such as earthquakes, dampen quickly. This is due to weathering and water infiltration, which causes the Earth's crust to be more cracked than the moon. The cracked Earth dampens vibrations much more quickly, just like a cracked bell or a broken tuning fork would not vibrate as long as a non-cracked bell of tuning fork

This article explains it:

Moonquakes

Excerpt:

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

So when geologists said it rang like a bell, they said it was due to the Moon being solid, not hollow. the extra long duration of the vibrations was because it is more monolithic than Earth and less cracked than Earth.

That is to say, if the Moon is like a bell, then the Earth is like a cracked bell.

Or it might be more accurate to say the "Moon rings like a tuning fork".

edit on 12/25/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Lets not insult the guy for asking a question. Ive done a lot of research on the moon. I guess I get that from my dad, as he is a research scientist and math whiz, among other things. Its ok to ask questions.

Sure -- questions are great. However, the OP's specific question regarding what he called "evidence" that the Moon is a holographic projection -- evidence that showed some ripples in a video of the Moon -- was explained to him as being just ripples in our atmosphere, which can be caused by many things: thermal inversions, differences in humidity, differences in temperature, and other things. I think these ripples look like they could have been caused by a passing plane, and this was the distortion from engines exhaust (passing unseen at the top or above the frame).

Someone on here remarked about the placement of the moon, math wise, and they are correct. The odds of it getting into that position are astronomical ( pun intended), its just not feasible.

If by placement, you mean how it can sometimes appear the same size as the Sun (such as during a solar eclipse when the Moon perfectly cover s the Sun), it should be noted that isn't always true. The Moon can vary in apparent size in our sky by 14%. Sometimes it looks the same size as the Sun, sometimes it looks larger than the Sun, and sometimes it appears smaller than the Sun. There have been solar eclipses that occurred where the Moon looked completely surrounded by a ring of sun because the apparent size of the moon was smaller than that of the sun.

The Moons' age is known to be slightly younger than the earth by a couple hundred thousand years. The Moon has been dated using radioisotope analysis of zircon crystals in Moon rocks and Moon meteorites.

sims.ess.ucla.edu...

It has a very large hollow section or is completely hollow. We know it rings like a bell when it.

That's not true at all. The "rings like a bell" was only a figure of speech used by a researcher to describe how the Moon vibrated longer than expected after an experiment in which they deliberately crashed a piece of rocket equipment into the Moon and took seismograph readings of the event.

Here are the facts of the experiment that prompted someone to say "it rang like a bell".

- Seismometers were set up by Apollo 12 in November 1969.
    - In April 1970, the SIV-B booster rocket from Apollo13 was intentionally crashed into the moon 85 miles from those seismometers in order to find out information about lunar geology.
    - That crash vibrated the seismographs longer than expected, which caused geologists on Earth to say that it "rang like a bell", meaning that the reverberations lasted longer than they thought they would.
    - It is thought that this longer-than-expect vibration (and moonquakes in general) lasted longer than earthquakes because the Earth is more cracked due to weathering while the Moon is more solid and less cracked.

So when geologists said it rang like a bell, they said it was due to the Moon being solid, not hollow. the extra long duration of the vibrations was because it is more monolithic than Earth and less cracked than Earth.

That is to say, if the Moon is like a bell, then the Earth is like a cracked bell.

Source:
er.jsc.nasa.gov...

Vibrations on Earth, such as earthquakes, dampen quickly. This is due to weathering and water infiltration, which causes the Earth's crust to be more cracked than the moon. The cracked Earth dampens vibrations much more quickly, just like a cracked bell or a broken tuning fork would not vibrate as long as a non-cracked bell of tuning fork

Moonquakes

Excerpt:

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

Had a bad Christmas eh?

I was raised by a super genius scientist. A lot of what you are told is BS. The truth is out there. Im pretty sure UCLA is one of the 5 colleges my dad attended. Stanford as well. I just found about another degree tonight over Christmas dinner. O think that is 6 or 7 I know of so far. He is like Mr. Spock. I wish you had a dad like that too. He is a blessing to this country. They likely don't call Scientists to the Whitehouse unless they are.
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

sims.ess.ucla.edu...

That's not true at all. The "rings like a bell" was only a figure of speech used by a researcher to describe how the Moon vibrated longer than expected after an experiment in which they deliberately crashed a piece of rocket equipment into the Moon and took seismograph readings of the event.

Here are the facts of the experiment that prompted someone to say "it rang like a bell".

- In April 1970, the SIV-B booster rocket from Apollo13 was intentionally crashed into the moon 85 miles from those seismometers in order to find out information about lunar geology.
    - That crash vibrated the seismographs longer than expected, which caused geologists on Earth to say that it "rang like a bell", meaning that the reverberations lasted longer than they thought they would.
    - It is thought that this longer-than-expect vibration (and moonquakes in general) lasted longer than earthquakes because the Earth is more cracked due to weathering while the Moon is more solid and less cracked.

Source:
er.jsc.nasa.gov...

Moonquakes

Excerpt:

Had a bad Christmas eh?

I was raised by a super genius scientist. A lot of what you are told is BS. The truth is out there. Im pretty sure UCLA is one of the 5 colleges my dad attended. Stanford as well. I just found about another degree tonight over Christmas dinner. O think that is 6 or 7 I know of so far. He is like Mr. Spock. I wish you had a dad like that too. He is a blessing to this country. They likely don't call Scientists to the Whitehouse unless they are.
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

sims.ess.ucla.edu...

Source:
er.jsc.nasa.gov...

Moonquakes

Excerpt:

Had a bad Christmas eh?

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas

My Christmas was great, thanks.

I'm not sure what your dad's degrees have to do with him teaching you incorrect information, or maybe he had the correct information, but miscommunicated with you while teaching it.

I mean, you say he has five degrees from places such as UCLA and Stanford, but the stuff I put in my post is the stuff they would be teaching at UCLA and Stanford.... So I'm confused why he would teach you otherwise.

These are facts about the moon that are backed up by evidence:

- The Moon is NOT always the exact same apparent size of the Sun in the Sky. That's a fact that has been known for hundreds of years. Th differences in apparent size are due to eccentricates in the Moon's orbit; it is sometime closer to earth and sometimes farther, making it appear larger and smaller.

- The Moon's age is known to be 4.51 Billion years (the Earth is 4.56 Billion) because of isotope measurements of zircon crystals in Moon rocks.

- The Moon is NOT hollow and did not really ring like a bell. The Moon is known to be solid, which is exactly why it was described as ringing like a bell.

If you think some of those are wrong, then by all means please provide evidence backing up your claim.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Just do the math for yourself. and thank me later

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Buy a telescope. Look carefully. Pretend you never made this thread.

Everyone with a telescope HAS looked..and have seen absolutely nothing of value.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Just do the math for yourself. and thank me later

Have you done the maths? Care to show us your workings? Don't ask people to do stuff you haven't bothered to check yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

If you mean they didn't alien bases or crashed UFOs you're absolutely right. If you mean looking at the moon isn't intrinsically interesting and informative, you're completely wrong.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeypoo

Hey, quit throwing that stuff

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What is proof the moon is a hologram or hollow again?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The distance from the Earth to the moon is 238,900 miles or is it 252,088?. The distance from New York to London is 3,456 miles. I must have a really great camera.
edit on 26-12-2018 by ViXxeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
a reply to: iplay1up2

And you know that for sure because...

Because there are pics, so it happened

NASA Spacecraft Images Offer Sharper Views of Apollo Landing Sites

You do realize that proof like this is pretty much a matter of "believe NASA because they say it is so"?

Here - I've added a few features to the moon, in just as convincing resolution as the NASA leftovers:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If it is it's a really good one, complete with tidal effects and eclipses.
Seems to me it would be easier just to find a REAL Moon and park it in orbit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If you mean they didn't alien bases or crashed UFOs you're absolutely right. If you mean looking at the moon isn't intrinsically interesting and informative, you're completely wrong.

Apparently not...how can looking at the moon and never EVER being able to zoom in reveal intrinsic and interesting things..much less yield information.

All Nasa and moon landers have repeatedly said is how boring and meaningless the moon is..and that is why noone goes or has one good picture.

We have better pics of the rest of the UNIVERSE according to just about everyone but that is so simple to explain away.

What is truly fascinating is the total belief that you actually know anything about the moon, space, and anything else out there.

We will wait for the proof..but you know deep down we are never gonna see it..or travel off this rock...it just is not part of the Plan.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

At what point will you clue in, that everything you have been told about space could be a lie..or mistruths.

How many decades of indifference and hidden knowledge must accrue before the lights turn on that SOMEONE,THINGS are in CHARGE...and that your religious believing of all you hear is no different to the other religions...just maintains status quo...never ending useless hopes and beliefs that absolutely maintain the slavery.

LoL...something gotta give soon...the boredom is reaching a mania level.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You know you just come off biased on uneducated?

What proof do you have the moon is not a solid product of nature that must be calculated for in mapping out the effects of gravitation in our solar system?

Out of all the moons and asteroids, the earth has a holographic moon? One the sun cannot shine through during solar eclipses?

Or all the calculations involving the moon’s gravity? And witnessed tidal effects? That indicates the moon is not hollow?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ViXxeN
The distance from the Earth to the moon is 238,900 miles or is it 252,088?. The distance from New York to London is 3,456 miles. I must have a really great camera.

The distance varies slightly. What is it you are trying to say?

What would happen to you and your camera if the distance was to change by more then slightly?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Uh-huh - you are the keeper of ultimate truth and the only one who knows all and are superior to the rest of us poor ignorant sheeple. That about cover it?

Don't be so arrogant as to assume you are the only one who has educated themselves. Some of us have whole bookshelves devoted to the moon alone. As I pointed out in my first post in this thread - all you need is a telescope and you can verify for yourself the nature of the moon. You don't have to take anyone's word for it - certainly not yours.
edit on 27/12/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join