It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Our Moon a Holographic Projection?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007
a reply to: opethPA

I really don't see anything wrong with people asking questions. In fact I think its healthy to ask questions, it shows an impulse to want to truly understand the environment around us. Particularly so when things pop up that challenge the status quo. Never blindly follow...

A person does not need to follow blindly to know the Moon is not a hologram. Just using normal critical thinking skills, logic, and observation (and by "observation" I don't mean simply looking at the Moon. I mean taking a close note of all of its characteristics).

The only poeple who seem to be blindly following anything are the ones who hear a YouTuber say "The Moon is a hologram" and then blindly think it's true without trying to do any investigation of the Moon for themselves.

edit on 12/28/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Even stupid questions are ok. I think we should encourage people. Not stomp them down. Patience is an asset.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, even stupid ones. There is no shame in admitting you don't know something and wanting to find out.

As I keep re-iterating in many threads like this, there is a lot of shame and a definite need to stomp on asking questions when all you want is your own prejudice reinforced, when you don't actually want an answer at all. That's what's stupid, not the question.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Even stupid questions are ok. I think we should encourage people. Not stomp them down. Patience is an asset.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, even stupid ones. There is no shame in admitting you don't know something and wanting to find out.

As I keep re-iterating in many threads like this, there is a lot of shame and a definite need to stomp on asking questions when all you want is your own prejudice reinforced, when you don't actually want an answer at all. That's what's stupid, not the question.

Yes. And in this case, the OP was presented with the explanation that the ripples seen in the video were not ripples in the holographic projection but were really caused by viewing the Moon through distortions in Earth's atmosphere.

Instead of the OP engaging a dialogue with others about the possibility that the ripples were just distortions in Earth's atmosphere, he instead didn't seem to want to have anything to do with that explanation because it wasn't reinforcing his pre-determined assertion that the moon is a hologram.

I can provide evidence why it isn't a hologram, but he can't provide evidence that it is -- except for "I see ripples in that video"

I think the OP would have only been satisfied if everyone else on this thread agreed with his pre-conceived notions that the Moon is a hologram. That is NOT the same as asking a question.

edit on 12/29/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

That argument is a lazy cop out. If science relied on that approach we would still be in caves. The raw unprocessed images are available for you to process and you can compare them with photos taken by China, India and Japan. There us a wealth of supporting evidence to show they are genuine, it's up to you to show they don't.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The moon is real

We landed on the moon

What do you think this is, a conspiracy forum?

Hurry and move on before you're brigaded by the freemasons that run this # show.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join