It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine declares war on Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: DJMSN
So in reality, an actual declaration of war on Russia has not been declared. However you have chosen to author a thread with a title directly opposite of what actually has occured. Enough fake news already on the internet and airwaves without it appearing here. You need to correct the title as it is totally false, never thought I would see a Russian troll fishing for flags and stars.

The title says "declares" and not "declared." War declaration process officially launched

You do realize once somebody "declares" something it becomes "declared" right?

Your title is indeed false.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

"declares" is a process
"declared" is a ended fact, event

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: surfer_soul

i think it's more that they have no choice because russia is coming regardless of what they do, and have you not been paying attention? america, germany and a few other western nations are already fighting russia in the ukraine, so they do have backing just fine.

Do tell...... When was the last US deployment in Ukraine

Now in Ukraine there is an American military base in Nikolaev, a huge number of instructors at both the Yavorsky training ground and in the army, a group of American snipers and an unknown number of mercenaries from the Academy, formerly Blackwater

Helping train is not the same as the claim that US soldiers are in active combat w the Russians...... Also that's not a US base......

Aside from the deployed forces mentioned in the post to which you replied, the US Army keeps an armored brigade in the area. It basically moves between nations. You might have a BCT in Latvia or Estonia and a CAB in Romania or wherever. These are all forward deployed to project force, if needed, into just such a place as Ukraine.

The US Navy swaps out vessels based out of Naples (6th Fleet) in and out of the Black Sea regularly with the purpose of working with the Ukrainians and providing a counter to Russian naval vessels (such as they are) operating there.

The Marines regularly train with Ukraine forces in Ukraine (as do every branch of US and Alliance forces).

The Air Force does not officially acknowledge any airmen deployed in Ukraine. However, manned aircraft and, more recently, MQ-9 Reapers based in Eastern Europe fly regular air sovereignty and ISR missions over Ukraine. JTACs, pararescue and spec op airmen regularly "train" with their counterparts in Ukraine.

There is also NATO's Battle Group Poland heavy with US and UK forces among other NATO allies and of course the Poles. Aside from providing security to Poland, its whole reason for being is forward force projection to the east and to act as a foil to any Russian shenanigans in Ukraine (listed as a "NATO aspiring member" this year along with Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Georgia) or the Baltic nations.

But, technically, you're correct. There is no official "combat" going on between Russian and US forces; they're not actively throwing bullets at each other. The reason that is the current state of affairs is because of our (and NATO's) forward presence in Eastern Europe and the Black Sea area.

The Russians know they wouldn't fare well in a stand-up fight with a modernly equipped and supplied army such as the US or UK with our global reach, combined arms strike/support capabilities and decades long battle-hardened forces. But they do like to talk a lot. And take their shirts off, wrestle bears or some crazy sh-t like that - when they aren't putting out fires on their lone carrier or sinking it themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ukraine has been preparing hard for the war with Russia and Donbas for the last weeks. A lot of troops with all auxiliary, engineering and sanitary subunits are brought up to the foret line and border. Even an analogue of the Syrian "White Helmets" was created, apparently for chemical provocations. This is deadly, especially for Ukraine.

Donbas is a part of Ukraine, and the focus of Russian interference and meddling that has led to a civil war with separatists supported by the Russians. How can Ukraine be preparing for war with Dombas, when the region is part of Ukraine?

You are aware that Dombas is not in Russia?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Aside from the deployed forces mentioned in the post to which you replied, the US Army keeps an armored brigade in the area. It basically moves between nations. You might have a BCT in Latvia or Estonia and a CAB in Romania or wherever. These are all forward deployed to project force, if needed, into just such a place as Ukraine.

Yup im aware of that, and also aware of the Marines in the area.

And take their shirts off, wrestle bears or some crazy sh-t like that - when they aren't putting out fires on their lone carrier or sinking it themselves.

Thanks for the first chuckle of the morning lol

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Ukraine has been preparing hard for the war with Russia and Donbas for the last weeks. A lot of troops with all auxiliary, engineering and sanitary subunits are brought up to the foret line and border. Even an analogue of the Syrian "White Helmets" was created, apparently for chemical provocations. This is deadly, especially for Ukraine.

Donbas is a part of Ukraine, and the focus of Russian interference and meddling that has led to a civil war with separatists supported by the Russians. How can Ukraine be preparing for war with Dombas, when the region is part of Ukraine?

When Ukraine and the Crimea were part of Russia, the first American president did not take the oath yet

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

When Ukraine and the Crimea were part of Russia, the first American president did not take the oath yet

Well , but birds fly sometimes at night, and when the clock is right on the money, then you can shoot cakes with machineguns

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"declares" is a process

wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

"declares" is a process

wrong.

Do you have a philologist's diploma? Show

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well , but birds fly sometimes at night, and when the clock is right on the money, then you can shoot cakes with machineguns

Hats off to your adequacy)))

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are making no sense. Ukraine is not part of Russia and Crimea has been illegally annexed. Back to the point; Donbas is part of the sovereign nation of Ukraine, so how can Ukraine declare war on Donbas?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You are making no sense. Ukraine is not part of Russia and Crimea has been illegally annexed. Back to the point; Donbas is part of the sovereign nation of Ukraine, so how can Ukraine declare war on Donbas?

The Russians have a proverb: “How much do not shout“ sugar, sugar ”, they won’t be sweeter in the mouth)) What about Alaska and Hawaii? And Fort Ross also return)))

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

When Ukraine and Crimea were founded Russia didn't exist.

See? I can do it too.
edit on 12/21/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

When Ukraine and Crimea were founded Russia didn't exist.

See? I can do it too.

Oh, you were present at the universe? And how did you call God at this moment?))

I am fond of antiques and numismatics. Sell me any coin before 1918 with the inscription "Ukraine", I will pay very good money)))
edit on 21-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

RT Germany has an article on the subject and even they use a headline that translates to Ukrainian MP wants to declare war against Russia.

Ukrainischer Abgeordneter will Kriegserklärung gegen Russland erwirken

Curiously the english versions of RT and Sputniknews haven't been reporting on this yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

RT Germany has an article on the subject and even they use a headline that translates to Ukrainian MP wants to declare war against Russia.

Ukrainischer Abgeordneter will Kriegserklärung gegen Russland erwirken

Curiously the english versions of RT and Sputniknews haven't been reporting on this yet.

The Russians do not have such a totalitarian habit, to report to someone. This is an American habit.
Just take a look at the date of publication of the RT and compare with the date of publication on our forum. I hope you can convert the Central European time to Eastern American?)))) If not, I can help)))

Of course, I am flattered to compare my post on the form with RT and Sputnik, but I am not Margarita Simonyan. I am a man)))
edit on 21-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Yup im aware of that, and also aware of the Marines in the area.

And take their shirts off, wrestle bears or some crazy sh-t like that - when they aren't putting out fires on their lone carrier or sinking it themselves.

Thanks for the first chuckle of the morning lol

Happy to oblige...

I figured I needed to end on a high note and give something back to the readers who stuck with that post seeing as I went on and on to basically say you were correct.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ukraine more or less formed under Daniel I in 1253. The Tsardom of Russia didn't form until 1547.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

God, I miss the days of Boris Yeltsin!

That was one Russki I would have loved to party with.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Ukraine more or less formed under Daniel I in 1253. The Tsardom of Russia didn't form until 1547.

Do not go away from the topic. Have you seen at least one coin with the inscription "Ukraine" before 1918? Yes or no?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join