It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine declares war on Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The deputy from the Poroshenko bloc submitted for consideration of the country's parliament a draft appeal to Poroshenko with a request to declare war on Russia.

Vitaliy Kupriy prepared a document “On the appeal of the Verkhovna Rada to the President of Ukraine Poroshenko about declaring war, breaking diplomatic relations and stopping transport links with the Russian Federation”, which was registered on the Rada website on December 21.

The text of the document has not yet been published.

This means that there will not be a presidential election in Ukraine, which is Poroshenko’s goal, but a world war may begin.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

What a spicy Friday.....

Welp, I'll make sure to stop at the liquor store on the way home and stock up.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So not quite a declaration of war then, but more of a draft at this stage.

Still if true it’s pretty bonkers.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ukraine has been preparing hard for the war with Russia and Donbas for the last weeks. A lot of troops with all auxiliary, engineering and sanitary subunits are brought up to the foret line and border. Even an analogue of the Syrian "White Helmets" was created, apparently for chemical provocations. This is deadly, especially for Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I would like to know who the Ukraine thinks have their backs if war really did break out? Surely this is just posturing and provocation for some political ends?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I would like to know who the Ukraine thinks have their backs if war really did break out? Surely this is just posturing and provocation for some political ends?

Militarily, this is how Honduras will declare war on the United States. Only in Ukraine will Russian people fight on both sides. Poroshenko is counting on the help of NATO and the United States, and this is a world war

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Interesting development. Does anyone know Kupriy's party? Looking at what history I can find in English he definitely seems to be a war hawk.

Outright war with Russia would be a huge mistake unless Kupriy knows something we don't. If we go by the early rumors Ukraine held their own against the troops Russia sent over. But an official war will mean no oil coming in from Russia. That alone would be enough to beat Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I doubt that this will make it all the way to open war. This seems more like a call for help from America. This will more than likely lead to more negotiations on the Ukraine’s behalf.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wouldn't war mean all of nato would be at war with Russia?

Guess the US will be dropping out of nato, then...
edit on 21-12-2018 by a325nt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interesting timing with Trump announcing that he wants to bring the troops home. I did wonder when I read that, if the reason would be to redeploy them for war with Russia.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Headline is a bit click baity at this stage. I would change it to Ukrainian Hawks Want To Declare War On Russia.

However:

UK sent HMS Echo to the Black Sea to beef up the presence of Ukraine's allies There are fears tensions between Moscow and Kiev could turn into all out war Gavin Williamson said Britain stands with Ukraine in facing down Russian threat

Britain has sent Royal Navy ship to the Black Sea so Ukraine does not have to stand alone against Putin's Russia, says Gavin Williamson

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When you want to go war and gain a fighting advantage you attack,when you want to bluster and gain political advantage you draft a proposal for war and leak it out.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

i think it's more that they have no choice because russia is coming regardless of what they do, and have you not been paying attention? america, germany and a few other western nations are already fighting russia in the ukraine, so they do have backing just fine.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Militarily, this is how Honduras will declare war on the United States. Only in Ukraine will Russian people fight on both sides. Poroshenko is counting on the help of NATO and the United States, and this is a world war

Pretty sure not even Honduras is that suicidal......

Besides the point.... No world War w Russia.... They will spat like they always do and it will fizzle out..... Just like it does every few years

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

i think it's more that they have no choice because russia is coming regardless of what they do, and have you not been paying attention? america, germany and a few other western nations are already fighting russia in the ukraine, so they do have backing just fine.

Do tell...... When was the last US deployment in Ukraine

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The only way to win a war is to destroy the enemy.
Do you really think ukraine is about to invade Russia?
Nobody has successfully invaded Russia. It's huge, and cold.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So in reality, an actual declaration of war on Russia has not been declared. However you have chosen to author a thread with a title directly opposite of what actually has occured. Enough fake news already on the internet and airwaves without it appearing here. You need to correct the title as it is totally false, never thought I would see a Russian troll fishing for flags and stars.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: namehere

Do tell...... When was the last US deployment in Ukraine

Now in Ukraine there is an American military base in Nikolaev, a huge number of instructors at both the Yavorsky training ground and in the army, a group of American snipers and an unknown number of mercenaries from the Academy, formerly Blackwater

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

No. Ukraine applied to NATO in 2008 but were denied. They then joined the Partnership for Peace program and started trying to bring their country up to NATO standards so they could join.

That's what this whole thing is over. Yanukovych turned his back on the desires of the Ukrainian people and 6 years of progress because he got a bribe from Russia.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So Ukraine have not actually declared war on Russia.....

Click-bait title much?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join