It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine declares war on Russia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You're about as Russian as Kangaroo.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Google translator does a pretty good job with Russian to English. I've read several websites with it. It is far more readable than Swedish or Danish to English.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Google translator does a pretty good job with Russian to English. I've read several websites with it. It is far more readable than Swedish or Danish to English.

Awww well....

every village has one I guess but the rest of us I think can see that "RussianTroll" might be a troll but if he's Russian then am martian.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

a reply to: worldstarcountry

Too bad they didn't get $5 billion...they could build a wall.

In the Crimea and Novorossia there are plans to create a new Israel, serious plans. For this, the Maidan was started in Ukraine. But the Russians and Russia intervened.

I read a book by this guy Fomenko who says the first Israel was there.

Fomenko is a false historian. There is still such Nosovsky. Ordinary distorters of history, in Russia after the collapse of the USSR, such a lot appeared. And the plans to create Israel in the Crimea, Novorossia and Tavria are very serious. Ask about the fate of the bonds of the Crimean loan Bolsheviks, who gave the American Hasidim. According to him, in 1954, the entire Crimean land was to become the property of the American Hasidim. The transfer of Crimea from the jurisdiction of the RSFSR under the jurisdiction of the Ukrainian SSR (Ukraine) legally destroyed these rights. After the collapse of the USSR, the Hasidim began to look for other, force paths. Therefore, the Maidan occurred and the instant occupation of Crimea by the US Army was planned. But Putin beat everyone again. Now they want to unleash a war with Russia.
I will tell you one thing that everyone in Russia and Ukraine knows. If one Russian battalion crosses the Ukrainian border, then 2 divisions will reach Kiev))

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If you can read through the Google-translator Russian site, read this. Very informative

"Why the project of creation of the Jewish state in Crimea did not take place"

And I advise you to read this article on Time Of Israel blogs

Leaked report: Israel acknowledges Jews in fact Khazars; Secret plan for reverse migration to Ukraine
edit on 21-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You can get it to translate a complex discussion about Russian orthodoxy from Russian (a notoriously difficult language to translate) into English with almost no errors and making perfect sense. 

I think that's going a little too far. Even if it makes sense, it doesnt
edit on 12/21/2018 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Being a non-NATO country, it appears Ukraine now has a death wish?

It just isn't worth risking WW3 or even contributing any meaningful US defense (too expensive, not worth our time, Ukraine not strategically important, etc)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It's actually got more strategic significance than you would think. Access to the Sea of Azov is a big plus. But beyond that if we just say Russia can have Ukraine, by the time it's been fully annexed Russia may have solved all the issues with their military.

That then makes the inevitable fight over Poland much more difficult.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thank you. I will read them later this evening.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Interesting perspective Xcal

I had never really considered Ukraine as a significant player, and was surprised to learn they once held the World's third largest nuclear arsenal (following USSR's collapse)

To be certain that would up the ante considerably, given their NATO status and if I'm not mistaken a mandatory Article 5 response to any aggression

Any idea why Putin is so interested in Ukraine/Baltics?

EDIT: I seem to remember some treaty actually involving Ukraine's nukes after the USSR fell. I'll have to Google, but at least one of the signatories were bound to provide for certain defense to Ukraine in exchange for signing the NPT or giving up their nukes or something along those lines
edit on 12/21/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The nuclear weapons that were in the Ukraine were Russian . This was during the old Soviet Union days. Russia moved them there to be further away from Western Europe , yet still within striking range to the western countries

After the dismantling of the Soviet Union , most (if not all) were returned to Russia proper

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If Ukraine is not deploying F-35's by last week, ill seriously question trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Putin sees himself as Tsar and he feels it is his duty to restore the territory of the Soviet Empire. He's not getting any younger, Russian Machismo is VERY real, more than can ever be imagined in the U. S. Putin has us at each others throats, there is not a damn thing we can do about it without doing the unspeakable. Ukraine is not worth that in the big picture. If Putin strikes, it will be fast and bloody. By the time we respond, his forces will already will already be in full control. Ukraine forests are probably crawling with Spetsnaz as we speak, they will cut that country off in a matter of days. Why does Putin want Ukraine so badly? Oil and the fact that Ukraine is the breadbasket of Eastern Europe. If he takes it, he will do so well before spring because he cannot upset the grain harvest as he will need to feed the Ukrainians. Don't forget the Ukrainians that are loyal to Russia.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh about the nukes, I recall seeing hungry, dirty Soviet Sailors in the last days. I'm sure some of the Soviet Officers returning the weapons back to Russia were hungry too. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Interesting perspective Xcal

I had never really considered Ukraine as a significant player, and was surprised to learn they once held the World's third largest nuclear arsenal (following USSR's collapse)

To be certain that would up the ante considerably, given their NATO status and if I'm not mistaken a mandatory Article 5 response to any aggression

Any idea why Putin is so interested in Ukraine/Baltics?

EDIT: I seem to remember some treaty actually involving Ukraine's nukes after the USSR fell. I'll have to Google, but at least one of the signatories were bound to provide for certain defense to Ukraine in exchange for signing the NPT or giving up their nukes or something along those lines

I'll help you. This is the Budapest Memorandum. But if you study it, you will see that he only declared the integrity of Ukraine and did not impose legal obligations on the parties.
Now, when Ukraine itself has severed the Big Treaty with Russia, there is no treaty on borders and Russia may not recognize them, according to international law.

Understand the time when Russia was torn to pieces. The time has come to return the Russian lands and again unite the Russians into one state.

"... time to throw stones, time to collect stones"
(Ecclesiastes 3: 5)

If someone wants to prevent the Russians from doing this, then take the risk)))

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's actually got more strategic significance than you would think. Access to the Sea of Azov is a big plus. But beyond that if we just say Russia can have Ukraine, by the time it's been fully annexed Russia may have solved all the issues with their military.

Russia needs neither Poland nor the Baltic states at all. Although at one time Russia bought the Baltic States from Sweden for 20 million gold coins, efimok. And this contract is valid. If you are against it, let's talk about Alaska.

But Russia needs only its historical lands, on which Russian people live. Russians are the most divided people in the world. You applauded the unification of Germany, although there was no referendum there. It united in defiance of international law, in a totalitarian way. Where do such double standards come from? Why are Russians worse than Germans? This is racism!

I will add. During the occupation of Malorussia by Poland, Russia also bought the city of Kiev from it and the lands around it for, if I am not mistaken, 200 thousand gold rubles. All purchase contracts are kept in the Russian archives, are legally binding and can be submitted at any time.
edit on 21-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

how much were you paid and by whom?

just had to ask.

on serious note though, what if all the undercover-and-less-than-undercover western presence in Ukraine isn't to protect Ukraine, but to protect Israel's interests in the region? since when do the western governments give a damn about people? it's always just an excuse.

sure, Ukraine is strategically important, but it's also corrupt as hell. it'll never be stable under current government. what if the west cares about Crimea and nothing else? take it away from Russia, install Israelis, done. let the Ukraine deal with their own problems.

i'm wondering if the west could bring up the contract you brought up, which became null and void as far as the Crimea is concerned when it was transfered to Ukraine. perhaps that's the reason Putin moves so slowly regarding Crimea, he knows what's coming next.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Should a war between Ukraine and Russia come to pass. America and Western wont come by to Ukraine's defense. Ukraine's Pro American gov politicians must have a childish mind if they believe that America or Western Europe for that matter jumps in to defend Kiev from Russia.

If anything a war in Ukraine would look like the similar one in Georgia.

Crimea is concerned when it was transfered to Ukraine. perhaps that's the reason Putin moves so slowly regarding Crimea, he knows what's coming next.

Crimea is a done deal.
edit on 22-12-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

regarding Ukraine, that's my point. they're morons, just look at that government. but then, why is the west there, if not for Crimea? that's the only point of interest for the west there.

and no, it isn't a done deal, not by a long shot. the west doesn't recognize it, because Ukrainian government would realize they're being played. i don't think they're going to call the old contract either - perhaps for the media after the dust settles, but it wouldn't work with Putin. so the west pretends to be helping Ukraine, while aiming for Crimea alone.

think about it, the west wants a stable strategic presence there. Ukraine is everything but stable. and Crimea? Crimea wants to be with Russia, right? so what other option they have than to take it by force, with war by proxy thanks to Ukraine (and its government being borderline retarded), then settling down Israelis? afterwards, Ukraine will be out of Crimea in a blink of an eye, only this time they'll have no chance to go back. Israel doesn't play games regarding its security.

of course, noone knows what Putin will do, but i think he would prefer stable Israel as a neighbour, rather than unstable Ukraine. also, Israel isn't a lap dog for the west, it's the other way around.

heck, as far as the deals go... everything is orchestrated, right? every conflict, every war.

what if that's the shared goal? to get Israelis in Crimea. the west would have sorta-an-ally, Putin would have someone he can strike a deal with, Ukraine - noone gives a damn about Ukraine, and the only problem that remains... are people living there right now. what better way to get rid of them than some old fashioned war?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

After accomplishing my reading homework, I can finally offer an opinion here. Putin can not afford to let go of the Crimea. When has Israel ever been satisfied? If they get Crimea, does it stop there? Or is southern Ukraine next?

One only needs to look at the middle east. Who needs that headache in their front yard?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join