It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If money spills on a highway would you keep it? Brinks truck spill in NJ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And who'd thought a street cleaning job would have benefits.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: JAGStorm

if you took it, it's stealing plain and simple. I don't care what type of justifications one would make. I don't condone it but I do understand for those who are literally drowning in debt even though they are working and trying to do everything right. It still doesn't mean it "doesn't count" as stealing.

That's my .02

Sometimes you have to make a call. Keep it or turn it in?

I'm keeping it. Sorry if that makes me a bad person. You have to use every advantage to try to get ahead in life. Sometime the only sucker's are the the honest one's.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Nothin

Is brinks a heartless corporation?

They probably have a couple job openings after this incident.

Probably mostly in the same boat as other impersonal large corps.
Some former employee comments here, the usual pluses and minuses.
Brink's jobs.

Don't know if this is the same Brink's:
Brink's complaints.

They've been accused of hoarding and melting higher-content copper pennies:
Brink;s penny-swap.

Accused of not paying proper dues to employees, and not letting them have their minimum breaks:
Brink's class-action.

Unpaid overtime.

Ya: would be willing to affirm their status as an asshole heartless corporation.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
In today's schizophrenic America the people turning in the money will be arrested because the ptb won't believe they are turning in all they found....

No good deed goes unpunished...

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Gothmog
First , source where it is "not necessarily against the law"
Second , once the bags are opened the money is dyed (you are too). Cant spend it lest one be arrested almost immediately
(In most cases)

I am a spoiler of dreams.

I listed a link twice showing how it is "not necessarily against the law" in New Jersey.

Also, It wasn't bags that went flying, it was actual bills, all over the road. No ink, no bags.
If you do a search there are some videos and photos.

Already busted bags , already marked money
Read at least 5 of these stories in the past
And I did put a disclaimer in (twice) , didn't I ?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Gothmog

I doubt they had dye packs in the bags.
I won't go into detail about the dye because my wife works in banking.

Yeah , dont

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'd take a bunch of pictures of myself naked with all the bills like that girl with the flower petals from American Beauty and then put it all over Instagram and Tik Tok...

Oh wait, I had myself confused with some idiot 20-something for a second there.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't recognize "paper bills" as money with any actual value.

I stick with coins or anything that actually has gold or silver in it.

You see, I am a bit of an old fashioned dragon. For good reasons.

edit on 15-12-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well...

I once found a laptop bag without a laptop. There was a business card inside so I called the number and told the guy I found his laptop bag. I set up a meeting and gave it back to him. 3 days later I was walking the dog and I found a hundred dollar bill. (true story)

So no, I wouldn't keep the money. My lesson is that karma will reward doing the right thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

For this one I would have to say that it depends on where I found it. If I'm standing next to the Brink's truck then I would collect it up and give it back. My reason is that it's not lost, I know where it came from. If I'm walking down the street a couple of blocks away and the wind blows a couple of C notes in front of me then I would have to say it's mine now. Even if I later heard about the truck nothing says it came from there. I would say that if you stop your car by the truck and start grabbing money then that's theft, pure and simple. Then all that matters is can you live with yourself? Can you look your children in the eyes and tell them to be a good, honest person when they grow up? I live my life by one simple rule. Never do anything that I would be ashamed to tell my kids or grandkids about. If you can keep the money knowing where it came from then you have no right to punish your child for doing anything wrong ever. If you're dishonest you can't expect your kids to be any better.

Anyway just my opinion..

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sounds like they'd be silly to return it or even acknowledge being present when it was lost.

No sympathy for banks and other criminal enterprises, personally. This is still only 1/1,000,000,000,000th what we're owed after the BS bankster-bailout that bailed banking cartels out of the mess they created, at the expense of private citizens

Take a line from the corrupt cronies in government (like Comey, Hillary, etc): "I do not recall" "To the best of my recollection" "I believe so" "Possibly"
edit on 12/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join