It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now, they're coming for our music!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I reckon 99% of people never really know what the lyrics of a song are because its all so all rolled up with the noisic that only the few with 100% hearing ever hear and understand all the lyrics anyway.

I don't see a problem.

for many its just one big long audiological blurr anyway, with a few different sounds here and there.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

cool, lets ban governments anyway

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You sir a reply to: 1337Kph

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is there a verse where she's handcuffed to the radiator?

I have to say - I don't get the fuss

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
In the words of Clutch...

‘What rabid religion poisons their minds?”

“What measure of madness governs their time?”

While not spelled out in the song, obviously the left and their censorship beliefs. 1984 is closer than we think...

I hate to burst your stupid little bubble, but Clutch are liberals, and virulently anti-Trump. Nice try, though!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph
Not an american and I definitely don't get this:

Songs about f***ing lots of b****es, robbing, murdering, harassing, being racist etc are perfectly safe from feminist / offended people's scrutiny, while christmas songs are suddenly not safe?

Modern liberalism is a mental issue.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that this radio station doesn't play rap or any other music referring to "b*****s, robbing, murdering," etc etc. Which makes your comment completely and utterly irrelevant and pointless. And stupid. Also stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Music is a creative and artist endeavor, the words are lyrical poetry. The lyrics are also a form of speech that is a first amendment right. Unfortunately that amendment only prevents the government from making laws against free speech, it doesn't necessarily prevent any group from imposing their will upon the general public.

Hey, look! Yet another person who clearly doesnt understand or k ow anythin at all about the 1st Amendment, but who decides to try to talk about it anyways! Boy, that never gets old.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with the first amendment. Nothing.
Also, the irony of the same people who think that Kaepernick shouldn't be allowed to do a legal, peaceful protest by kneeling, turning around and bitching and moaning about censorship and free speech and claiming that liberals are the ones who want to censor people, is pretty damn amusing. As is the complete and utter lack of self-awareness necessary to somehow not grasp the stupidity and hypocrisy of those stances.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LSU2018

In the novel he is an old creeper looking for a hot young piece of A courtesan.

So therefore I am offended, I think.

Oh you BETTER be offended. If not, I'll tell everyone you're offended and tell them how offensive it was to you.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You kidding me? well I'll be damned. I thought it was "revved up like a douche in the middle of the night"

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: LSU2018

She opens her mouth, that's what's wrong with her. I would rather be chained to the wall and be forced to listen to Sonny and Cher or the Osmonds.

That made her unique. Plus the Goonies were good enough. They will ALWAYS be good enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: 1337Kph
Not an american and I definitely don't get this:

Songs about f***ing lots of b****es, robbing, murdering, harassing, being racist etc are perfectly safe from feminist / offended people's scrutiny, while christmas songs are suddenly not safe?

Modern liberalism is a mental issue.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that this radio station doesn't play rap or any other music referring to "b*****s, robbing, murdering," etc etc. Which makes your comment completely and utterly irrelevant and pointless. And stupid. Also stupid.

You're triggered, take a deep breath and relax. You can do it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Well, that type of music is part of their culture, which is minority and thus defended voiciferously by the virtue signalling crowd.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good music is always offensive. So it's not on the radio, but I can't listen to slayer or NWA on the radio either, it's no big deal, just remember that music is always offensive.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Good music is always offensive. So it's not on the radio, but I can't listen to slayer or NWA on the radio either, it's no big deal, just remember that music is always offensive.

No it's not...not by any means. A given song/genre may not be to everyone's taste but it's absurd to state that 'good music is always offensive'.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
probably late for anyone to read but it is bull# that people think these lyrics are bad

before getting offended maybe they should actually listen.

they are playing a little game. we have all been there. she knows she 'should' not stay but she wants to

just a half a drink more???? as in not her first drink.

very stupid

its a nice song

i like this version

She and HIm with Zooey singing the mart of the wolf and M ward singing the part of the mouse

at the same time while stupid plenty of songs have been pulled out of rotation since songs have been in rotation

it would serve people to actually listen

Frank Zappa has a song called bobby brown. one of the lyrics are
"let her do all my homework and maybe later ill rape her"

people freaked at said he was promoting rape.

when you actually listen though he is talking about the asshole college boy type that leads the girl around and has her do his homework for him before taking advantage of her.
as in he is a piece of # not hey its awesome

it never got heavy play in this country but it was big in Czechoslovakia

Here I am at a famous school,
I present sharp and I'm acting cool
I've got a cheerleader here wants to help With my paper
let her do all the work And maybe later I rape her!

Oh, god I am the American dream
I do not think I'm too extreme
And I'm a handsome son of a bitch,
I'm gonna get a good job and be real rich!

Eventually me and a friend,
Sort of drifted along into S&M
I can take about an hour on the tower of power,
As long as I get my little golden shower

its worth listening too.

bonus points to anyone who knows what he means by an hour on the tower of power without looking it up

the song is actually hilarious

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I kinda like this song but if they want to ban that one with the barking dogs singing a Christmas carol count me in!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Nah SJWs and Leftists are cool with Rap. These Liberals seem to hate anything is peacefully or calming.
edit on 4-12-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Nah SJWs and Leftists are cool with Rap. These Liberals seem to hate anything is peacefully or calming.

i am a liberal and i just posted how i like the song and how it is stupid it was pulled

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I played Bobby Brown and Brown shoes don't make it in a band so yes, I laugh my ass off every time I hear those lyrics. Zappa was very vulgar but intelligently so, usually tongue in cheek humor/satire. I'm fine with NWA and their language because they came from Compton - NWA was a wake up call to a lot of middle class kids in the suburbs. Too much stuff today is x rated because it sells. The idea of songs with narrative or a storyline is dead in rap.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: tjack
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well I'll be darned...

"Wrapped up like a duece (dual carburator) another runner in the night..."

Bruce Springsteen wrote "Blinded by the Light" -Manfred Mann Earth Band...

as well!

no, it's wreaked up like a doushen, another rumor in the night, although I have no clue what a doushen is, or who wreaked it.

(It took the internet to cure my chronic lyacosys. recovering, 12 years now this may.)

Hey! Got a great idea ND....let's get a thread going on the REAL lyrics to "Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen?

No need for a Louie Louie thread . . .

Louie Louie The Kingsmen Quartet

Louie Louie, oh no, you take me where ya gotta go, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, baby Louie Louie, oh baby, take me where ya gotta go

A fine little girl, she waits for me Me catch the ship across the sea Me sailed the ship all alone Me never think I'll make it home

Louie Louie, oh no no no, me gotta go, oh no Louie Louie, oh baby, me gotta go

Three nights and days I sailed the sea Me think of girl constantly On the ship, I dream she there I smell the rose in her hair

Louie Louie, oh no, me gotta go, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, baby Louie Louie, oh baby, me gotta go
Okay, let's give it to 'em right now Me see Me see…

edit on 5-12-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join