It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now, they're coming for our music!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with George (Mr. Soros to you scum). The war on xmas is going smoothly, we will bring down the holly jolly by force if necessary. Next year we are to expand our attention and start in on thanksgiving.

Enjoy your stockings and milk and cookies while you can, your cranberries will be ours next year, you merry xmas-ing boot-lickers!

Oh, sorry not sorry about your rape-y xmas song. Haha!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

For some of 'em out there, I'm in agreement with you.

I don't particularly like the song...it's not exactly Christmasy IMHO, but "rapey"? What a bunch of piffle.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well first it was cuss words.

Everyone was ok with censoring a few French words.

Then what happened?

Censorship was deemed appropriate and acceptable - then it was applied to other uncomfortable realities.

Today it's just a Christmas song but tomorrow we will be censoring virtually ALL cool things in life.

The future is a landfill.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: tjack
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well I'll be darned...

"Wrapped up like a duece (dual carburator) another runner in the night..."

Bruce Springsteen wrote "Blinded by the Light" -Manfred Mann Earth Band...

as well!

Sorry to pick but it's revved up like a deuce.
Deuce being a 32 Ford.

Same as little deuce coup.
A 32 ford
Not 2bbl

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They've been coming for music (and art) for a long long time. And in general it's been a conservative led effort. The rise of "black music" was fought tooth and nail (certainly not by progressives who were just ripping it off and reselling it). Elvis, fought by the conservatives of the time. The anti-comic book movements dating back to the 30s. The church (in all their efforts over many decades to try to have certain music, art, and culture banned). The 60s were a huge censorship battleground of banning and blacklisting due to bands that were 'inciting rebellion'. Save for a few bands, the entire punk movement was a left-leaning effort that was highly criticized and panned/banned by the right. John Ashcroft not being able to handle a bare breasted statue. Robert Mapplethorpe. 2 Live Crew. Dixie Chicks. Pussy Riot. Guiliani forming the "Decency Committee" (how ironic now that he's all buddy-buddy with Trump). Harry Potter books. All fought by the right. I'll throw Tipper in there too, playing conservative games while taking cues from the PTA.

But at least be honest about where the history of censorship in our country has found it's legs. Gimme a break, it's not the progressives... they were too busy making the art for the conservatives to ban.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

they also get invited to the white house like Kayne

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It has nothing to do with govt, it's a private radio station, I think it was based on one complaint. Then, a spineless station programmer/manager folded to "1" complaint.

The whole thing is so f'ing weak and stupid, lets just not let disinfo determine what happened.
edit on 3-12-2018 by vonclod because: Can't spell

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

There has been censorship from the right, and left..think PMRC/Tipper Gore for left wing censorship.
edit on 3-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

There has been censorship from the right, and left..think PMRC for left wing censorship.

And the religious

Image removed by me
edit on 12/3/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

There has been censorship from the right, and left..think PMRC/Tipper Gore for left wing censorship.

Did you not read my full paragraph... I mentioned Tipper playing conservative games.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, of course, I tend to lump in the religious with the right, but that may not be accurate all the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My bad, you did.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It goes on both sides, IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Do you remember hearing the song by Dire Straits song "Money for Nothing"? Listen to it today. All of the sudden, it's not PC to say some of the words that we heard for the last 20 years. PC is a cancer.

I love direstraits..

I think '' the Knack - My Sharona '' is probably on the list too!

It really is scary... soon, Music, Magazines, Computer games, TV, Movies... everything will be so vanilla we will lose our edge as a species!

then it will be words...

then it will be thoughts..

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well I'll be darned...

as well!

no, it's wreaked up like a doushen, another rumor in the night, although I have no clue what a doushen is, or who wreaked it.

(It took the internet to cure my chronic lyacosys. recovering, 12 years now this may.)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton playing conservative games with video game censorship, I guess? What about Alex Jones, is it liberals or conservatives trying to protect you from his scary words? What about college campuses? Or rewriting Mark Twain? Banning Holocaust denial? I'm not a liberal or conservative so I'm able to see both sides doing it. If you are a president of the United States you hate WikiLeaks, you want to murder Snowden and it doesn't matter what party you are. Also you'll probably start a new war. That's what they do. Theyve killed people and ideas for millennia
edit on 12/3/2018 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Frank Zappa is turning in his grave right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well I'll be darned...

as well!

Sorry to pick but it's revved up like a deuce.
Deuce being a 32 Ford.

Same as little deuce coup.
A 32 ford
Not 2bbl

"You don't know what I got!....a completion clutch and four-on-the floor"......

You're correct...but we're digressing off-thread here.... probably much of the lyrics ever written could possibly offend someone, somewhere, based on verbal differences, trends, and misunderstanding of slang and slang references translated into other languages.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Well I'll be darned...

as well!

no, it's wreaked up like a doushen, another rumor in the night, although I have no clue what a doushen is, or who wreaked it.

(It took the internet to cure my chronic lyacosys. recovering, 12 years now this may.)

Hey! Got a great idea ND....let's get a thread going on the REAL lyrics to "Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hey! Got a great idea ND....let's get a thread going on the REAL lyrics to "Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen?

Louie, Louie..
It was the "mumble rap" of the 60s

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join