It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperating Atlantis from reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am not one who believes "Atlantis" existed as described by Plato, however...

I'm a firm believer of submerged coastal areas hiding unknown early cultures and Civilizations in prehistory. For example, The Iberian Peninsula may yet yield more information along these lines. One area in particular may be of interest to some here and may show signs of being wiped out in Prehistory by a Tsunami.

High-tech search company claims to have found Atlantis

If there’s one archaeological find that would turn the world on its head it would be the discovery of the lost city of Atlantis. Many have looked for the remains of the mythical locale, but nobody has come close to actually finding it and researchers claiming to have found it in the past have all ultimately been proven wrong.

Now, with a suite of high-tech hardware at its disposal, a company called Merlin Burrows believes it might have finally pinpointed the location where the city once stood. Needless to say, you should take everything you read from this point on with a huge grain of salt.

They were on the Atlantic side, could have sailed to the new world and had left the Relic known as the Lady of Elche which may have been recovered and later found in another location?

If we can separate the name "Atlantis" from other possible submerged real finds we may be onto a great revelation of unknown/forgotten human history. The stigma of "Atlantis" ruins open mindedness in considering tantalizing albeit circumstantial evidence for lost and unknown coastal ice aged cultures and civilizations located all around the Globe. I also do not proscribe to Graham H or other Youtube giants that proclaim an Ancient Lost Global Civ. I'm of the belief that each in their own time frame and possibly contemporary to each other rose independently and may have been in limited contact from time to time.

Genetics don't lie. They tell us that not much mixture occurred. However, artifacts don't lie either but in what context were they discovered and then it needs to be asked were they created in those locations or simply transplanted in prehistory and assumed to be part of any nearby known culture or Civs?. Be that as it may. The minute someone mentions the dreaded "A" word. Eyes roll and for many in academic circles minds simply shut down. Objectivity is required obviously, but so does a fair bit of open mindedness as well in my opinion.

I personally would like people to start refraining from using "Atlantis" with any and all new discovery and simply state.. "Hey check this out"

I'm convinced that there are unknown locations all around the globe yet to be discovered, Off coast lines, Submerged in Marshlands, Central Eurasia, Under vast tracks of deserts, North Africa and the Gobi. Not to mention all the now extinct dry river valleys that were for hundreds if not thousands of years sources of fresh water for thriving cultures and possibly Civilizations as the ice age melted and receded and that then went extinct and were simply covered by sand & time as humanities life blood in those areas dried up.

Coastal areas flooded, River valleys dried up, Sands covering vast areas, Mankind may have had to transplant several times around the globe. Starting over each time. In some locations it appears that some remnants may have been preserved, or venerated which became part of the roots of known cradle civilizations. Out of place artifacts may be evidence of either cross contact or remnants of an unknown time. Wild speculation is unleashed.

In the end for those on the fence I'd suggest go into any new read or discovery claiming to be "Atlantis" to mentally delete the name from it. Then explore the topic with fresh eyes towards new discovery of unknown Human history. If however, you're a staunch believer then you may have to deal with each new discovery of Atlantis popping up continually all over the globe.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I found these videos to be a really good / plausible explanation about Atlantis. This is the first time I had heard this info / explanation / theory.

For some reason youtube imbed is not working -

1 - www.youtube.com...
2 - www.youtube.com...
2 - www.youtube.com...

So far pottery and other artifacts have been located in the area the video discusses however the items cant be traced to any known civilization.

It takes into account the global water levels at the time. When applying the water level it creates a better explanation for beyond the pillars of Hercules.

An interesting fact - The Dogan tribes were also in that specific region. This tribe had advanced knowledge of the stars and planets and to this day science cant figure out how the tribe achieved this. If Atlantis were in this area it could explain how the Dogans got the information.

Also good to see you popped back in.

ETA -

edit on 2-12-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In the old days, they had a habit of refering to something by an interpretation that was closer to something they had a name for. Atlantis basically means a powerful country, like the god Atlas was supposed to depict. Supposedly it had an island like appearance. A lot of old civilizations could have fit the descriptions of atlantis. Supposedly it was destroyed some how, by a natural event, but some of it may still be above water somewhere. It may have just sank too. Supposedly an older African religion talked about a floating island, possibly made from some volcanic floating rock. A powerful seaport is not that hard to believe, just because we cannot figure out where it actually was does not mean it is fictional myth. I am sure that aliens did not live there, but maybe it was multicultural.

I hope they find this lost Island, I do not believe it was a continent. Maybe it was close to South America too, trading between the Americas and Asia has been going on quite a while.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My take on all of this is that we have all been here before, if not even further as far as technology goes. Then a cataclysmic event reset everything and somehow the legends (based on fact) were created referring to Atlantis. Underwater due to floods following ice ages. Climate change notwithstanding, I believe it’s a cycle the earth and its’ population relives over and over, regardless of millenia between each cataclysmic event. And I don’t think any cataclysmic event will ever destroy 100% of the population, unless the planet is actually destroyed. Thus, the right survivors (those aware of technology) carry stories of advanced technology into the “new” future.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
first off, thanks for taking us out of the day to day partisan bickering

secondly I believe in Atlantis as a global civilization. this is related to a recent thread you start about the energy shift we are experiencing

to me in my research I've come to the conclusion that the astrological shifts and energetic shifts are actually dimensional shifts. we are slowly merging into a new paradigm now where a more dominant feminine energy seems to be emerging in modern culture. Atlantis... we a dimensional shift that ancient cultures across the globe spoke about

the ancient megalithic sites are what was left that could remain. I also agree with the cosmic impact of the younger dryas hypothesis present by Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock as a potential cause. what appears to us as a cosmic event may have been the harbinger of the dimensional shift required

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My problem with Hancock is not with his basic thesis that flooding was real and encoded into stories like Noah's Ark, or even that Atlantis as an entity existed. Obviously to those who have looked into this, there WERE "civilizations" that were affected by the rise in sea level, likely in a cataclysm. And the date for this was likely around the Younger Dryas. But Hancock doesn't stop there. He is one of those folks, like many here, who think humanity is inherently evil and that somehow these cataclysms happened because we caused them to happen and furthermore, our current evilness will cause it to happen again.

I'd like to make a t-shirt that said, "Comet strikes happen." That has nothing to do with Homo sapiens causing them. If you accept that then you have to admit that dinosaurs must have caused the strike that ended the Cretaceous period. Damn those nasty T-Rex guys, anyway!

But all that begs the question of what kind of civilization was here 12,000 years ago. There are megalithic sites on every continent made with stones we could not lift today. The workmanship is such that it looks like the stones were melted into place. There are indications that these guys were very good astronomers and knew about all the planets. They were "advanced," but surely not like us with 8 billion people, a third of whom have smart phones. There is no indication that they sent probes to Mars, and where is the rest of their stuff?

Hancock says it was all wiped out by the flood. I don't buy that at all. If the sea-level rose another 300 feet today we'd lose the coastal cities, granted. But Denver would still be there. If the great "Giza Power Plant" did indeed produce electricity and send it through the atmosphere, where are all the electric drills? Sure, if we were talking a billion years the tectonic plates would erase everything, but we're not. 12,000 years is simply not enough for everything to deteriorate to the point of disappearance.

So my guess is that we're looking for a much smaller, Renaissance-era civilization concentrated on the coastlines who may have had some magic tricks up their sleeve for moving and shaping stone. There is no woo-woo necessary for this scenario to work.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So my guess is that we're looking for a much smaller, Renaissance-era civilization concentrated on the coastlines who may have had some magic tricks up their sleeve for moving and shaping stone. There is no woo-woo necessary for this scenario to work.

I would like to highlight the most important part of your post.

There's more to the story than what meets the eye due to the fact that we do not truly understand energy systems and their affect on the manifestation of our observable physical plane.

The key to finding out what happened to Atlantis is in understanding the frequency of this place. What we see of Shambala, or Atlantis or Lemuria or Tartaria or whatever anybody wants to call it may in fact be what we're able to experience from our current place in the evolutionary timeline.

It's very possible that Atlantis is here, all around us and we can only observe what we see as megalithic structures while if we were to collectively raise our awareness and change frequency we may in fact be the builders of Atlantis ourselves.

Atlantis is all around us, it's here and we can't see it.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

From my research, remote Pacific islands, Easter Island, Tonga etc and South East Asian submerged coastal areas should be looked at and researched closely. Remember the oceans were up to 350 feet lower during the Ice Age. Much of the islands bases and coastal areas were exposed dry land

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I tend to agree with the established timelines and don't expect any undiscovered cities to change them. Sure, something here and something there will raise questions and the fundamental histories will continue to exist without much change.

Despite all that, the way you've framed the possibilities is how it should go. You've captured the essence of being open minded and cautioned against treading the dead-end paths to Atlantis. Salut!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree. Also the Sahara obviously had a body of water on/ go over it at some point in time. It's my point of view that Atlantis is here right now and we are not able to experience it due to our ego and lack of awareness.

The physical world around us is a result of density and frequency that manifest from the mind of the observer. If the universe is in fact a mental construct as Hermes or Thoth suggest in the Hermetica than that would lead me to believe that our current physical world is a product of our collective mind.

Think of it this way. Imagine if everyone woke up tomorrow totally selfless and began living with a more aware and open mentality and well began working together selflessly to solve the world's problems. This collective mindset would change the face of reality as we know.

From this logic I can extrapolate that Hermes was correct in that the physical universe is in fact a result of the mind. Therefor from here I can conclude that Atlantis is already here we just choose not see it.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

See, I agree and don't debate known history. I like to delve into the period of unknown prehistory.

Pre-cradle civs are my favorite targets.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You're on form again and it's good to see.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's hard to understand history unless we can see how history was made.

The reductionist view of our reality will be proven incorrect with time.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I would like to highlight the most important part of your post.

There's more to the story than what meets the eye due to the fact that we do not truly understand energy systems and their affect on the manifestation of our observable physical plane.

The key to finding out what happened to Atlantis is in understanding the frequency of this place. What we see of Shambala, or Atlantis or Lemuria or Tartaria or whatever anybody wants to call it may in fact be what we're able to experience from our current place in the evolutionary timeline.

Thank you so much for highlighting "guess." I never claimed otherwise and, in fact, the use of my language was intentional. But after saying I'm just "guessing" then you go into woo-woo territory of changing frequencies? Good Lord! I can't take that as serious or credible. There is no evidence for that sort of thing at all. That's far beyond a "guess" on your part. I see no need at all to delve into that sort of theory. You may as well say Jesus did it and God sent the floods. Not to say you can't go down that road, but surely not here. My premise is that the previous civilization was as real as ours populated by people just like us, was here and was victim to rising seas, and we are still grappling with exactly what happened and the nature of the civilization. We can study mythology to see what truths ma be buried inside those stories, invoke the discoveries we have made such as underwater structures as well as those still above ground. And we can plot the evidence of large floods in the younger Dryas, which is now accepted by mainstream geological science. But there is no need to add extra dimensions or invoke the supernatural to explain what happened.

edit on 12/2/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Energy and frequency is actually the most fundamental science we have.

You may lack an understanding of how particles interact on a sub atomic level but don't go making bold claims due to your own ignorance.

Higgs Boson

More precisely, the particle is a quantized manifestation of a field (the Higgs field) that generates mass through its interaction with other particles. But why couldn’t mass just be assumed as a given?

Quantum field theory
Classical field theory

A classical field theory is a physical theory that predicts how one or more physical fields interact with matter through field equations.

What is an electro magnetic field?

Electric fields are created by differences in voltage: the higher the voltage, the stronger will be the resultant field. Magnetic fields are created when electric current flows: the greater the current, the stronger the magnetic field. An electric field will exist even when there is no current flowing. If current does flow, the strength of the magnetic field will vary with power consumption but the electric field strength will be constant.

Oh yeah, energy, frequency and observation is just woo-woo. Sorry.

Observer effect and consciousness

The question of whether or not there is an objective reality has plagued philosophers for centuries. It still does. How do we know any of what we see or hear is real? Do we construct our world with our perceptions? Or is there really something there? Robert Lanza’s recent book “Biocentrism” takes the stance that conscious life *creates* the universe, that there is no reality other than that which we create. This post will show why he is wrong.

Here's an interesting article for you to read. It seems as if the difference between mind and matter on a quantum level is much less clearly understood than you think.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Kandinsky

See, I agree and don't debate known history. I like to delve into the period of unknown prehistory.

Pre-cradle civs are my favorite targets.

You should probably be using the term "culture" instead of "civilization."

Harte

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Since most of humanity lives near the sea, there's no doubt in my mind we will never be able to understand the really ancient history until we can develop ways to investigate these offshore sites. That includes most of the Mediterranean coast.

I have no objection to the idea of Atlantis. It's just that it's become associated with cultural diffusion to the point of hyperdiffusionism. The idea all known civilization springs from this one source. While I do believe in cultural diffusion, I think that is going overboard.

Someone came to North America during the Bronze Age to get copper out of Michigan. If it wasn't Atlantis, who?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Energy and frequency is actually the most fundamental science we have.

You may lack an understanding of how particles interact on a sub atomic level but don't go making bold claims due to your own ignorance.

Higgs Boson

That's laughable and completely off topic. We're talking ancient civilizations here, not quantum mechanics. You're just making stuff up here. It is not credible in this context. Now, about ancient civilizations. Do you have anything at all besides, "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

edit on 12/2/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Someone came to North America during the Bronze Age to get copper out of Michigan. If it wasn't Atlantis, who?

Could you please provide some more info on that? I heard at one point that it could have been the Romans. Fascinating anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Hey Harte

Waves. Yes true

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join