It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperating Atlantis from reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

They are not debunking anything. They are just offering opinions.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Ahhh yes. Good point

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I totally agree. Like I said in the post above. We think science has all of the answers but what if there's another science out there that we haven't discovered or ignore?

what if a realm of creation has yet to be discovered that will forever alter humanities future/ abilities?

I quite agree, it's a big universe.

There is one line of perception that crosses a lot of boundaries and that is feelings.

There are consciousnesses out there far beyond description in "science".

I saw one once (occultly) . She was checking out the collective mind of western science, the egregore.Within the mind of science was the LHC of CERN fame.

In her eyes was pride to be seen, the pride of a parent who's child had drawn his first recognisable picture of a stick man. The grandure of the LHC.

That Being is so far beyond science, yet she still had feelings which even dumbass me could read.

She is probably the goddess of western science. She has a name from the old Greek mythology.

I'll let the intellectuals who make fun of mythology ask the question: "What is her name?"

edit on 2-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Hanslune

I'm not even surprised you and harte are here to try and debunk anything that's not official

Given that there is no such thing as 'official' you are correct. I'm pointing out what the evidence actually shows not what speculation can conjuror up.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Have you guys thought that it might be a mistake to think intellectualism and technology are progress that can be universally applied as the be all and end all?

Look at Edo Japan, the Bushido, the perfection in what they did everywhere. The architecture, the skills in just about everything they did.

And no technology as we westerners see it.

They had a great deal of technology

....and they died in large numbers from poor sanitation, endemic diseases, child birth and infections.

BETTER technology and science has its advantages

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm sure at some point technology was found, not understood and used to create other materials such as machining tools and others. also, a lot of history was intentionally covered up to hide our origins or past

By whom by the way? You do know that a civilization like the ancient Egyptians left tens of millions of artifacts and you seem to be suggesting that a less developed society can find all of the artifacts of an advance civilization and 'hid or destroy' it all - must have been a full time effort taking hundreds of years to find every single thing, to remove all traces from sedimentation, from ice, swamps, holes drilled into bedrock (to hide things they didn't know about) and striping away all the top soil AND killing and destroying all the domesticated animals and plants.

Man that would be impressive. Tell us - give us an example - of how you would say - eliminate all traces of the Babylonian civilization?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

a reply to: toms54

for sure, I look at the formation of some of the stone/ material in many of the ancient megaliths and it really does look like cement/ poured mixture of some sort

actually a lot of it would make a lot more sense if it in fact was

....ah guys you do know they've found the quarries that these stones came from, they were cut/bashed out and left marks of this occurring - making gravel leaves a different set of marks in a quarry.

Here is one of the quarries for Puma Punku:

.....why would they cut out blocks THEN break them up?

edit on 3/12/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yawn, boring

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'll let the intellectuals who make fun of mythology ask the question: "What is her name?"

αὐτογνῶσις

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Ya! Atlantis is a story of a story of a story that the ancient Egyptians heard or learned in there learned temples of knowledge and mystery, or from there grand papys, who heard it from a guy, that heard it from a priest, who heard it from a.

Well you get the picture.

By the time Plato heard of it. Well, it was not even old news, it may even not have been ancient news. Look at it like this. Today, we use radio-waves in pattern recognition encoded wavelengths to talk to each other through computers or smartphones, on a second by second basis all over the world. You can know what the other guy across the ocean does and says right away if you so chose.

And yet still all the data in the world, and most of what you hear can not be trusted, or can be counted on to be correct.

So what picture does that paint for the stories Plato heard while on vacation to the mystery temples of Egypt?

Not a very good one. Right?

So as you can see the only real questions ancients people had about even more ancient people was. Do they wear togas? Or kilts? Because how else would one distinguish civilized from barbarian. And today? Well, don't think much has changed. We can only search in the forum of our knowledge or experience. Anything outside that? Well that's just crazy talk.

As for what Atlantis was. It was once a story, that today is a story of a myth.

But hey if you start searching all underwater places, pretty sure you will find stuff here and there, after all they still did find those bones of ancient whales with leg and arm like fins, from an ocean million and millions of years dried up in the Shara.

On a side note, funy that no? whales who over time evolved to swim in oceans? You see on a large enough timescale not only did life come out of the sea to create the walking land creatures of today, but only after a much longer time when some of them evolved to go into the sea from land.
link to whale bones

If ancient ancient theory is correct, then you may find something, somewhere. Or not, oh ya, most likely not.

But if it was just a island port town super power of its regular ancient time predating the ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians and Greeks. Well even then, you not bound to find much of things that were around 12,000 years ago, or even half that. But you never know, unless you go look, after all those old whale bones were still were they left them some 50 million years ago.

edit on 12amMondayam032018f1amMon, 03 Dec 2018 00:11:57 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 12amMondayam032018f1amMon, 03 Dec 2018 00:26:55 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yawn, boring

...for you yes it would be.

I'll sit back and watch you ponder the world........lol

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Well even then, you not bound to find much of things that were around 12,000 years ago, or even half that.

Er you've never heard of Gobekli Tepe then?

Presently dated to 10,000-12,000 years ago

whc.unesco.org...

edit on 3/12/18 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Yes but you are misrepresenting ancient oral tradition and mythology

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Start here and then verify

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

η γνώση ?

Bzzzz - wrong, Not even close.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Are you including engineering as "technology"?

....and they died in large numbers from poor sanitation, endemic diseases, child birth and infections.

McDonald's, Chernobyl, glyphosate, . . . ..

LESS technology and science has it's advantages

Though I give you the sanitation point .

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

η γνώση ?

Bzzzz - wrong, Not even close.

Buzz Buzz wrong - very close and you don't seem to understand the most important aspect of mythology do you?

Very sad - so explain to me why knowledge is more correct versus absolute knowledge?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Are you including engineering as "technology"?

McDonald's, Chernobyl, glyphosate, . . . ..

LESS technology and science has it's advantages

Though I give you the sanitation point .

Stone tool making is a technology as is fire making - it doesn't just apply to modern stuff.

Less technology does have its advantages it allows a much more rapid turn over of people and controls population remarkably well.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I heard of it. Did not bother with it as it is meaningless for me to do so. But still I do not see what your point is. Unless your point is to tell me that its some 10,000 years ago.

To which I can only respond as...Ah OK.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I am not misrepresenting anything, oral tradition is prone to not only great exaggeration, but downright failure. Which is why written tradition was invented.

And as you can clearly see, even from this thread and the whole of the internet and everything.

That to is quite a failure.

A definition on oral tradition is just that. A definition. Nothing more, nothing less. And rarely does it hold a cup to reality, merely what people want to interpret as a reality, or not even that, but a tradition. Which in most cases is but an indulgence of there cultural habits.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I heard of it. Did not bother with it as it is meaningless for me to do so. But still I do not see what your point is. Unless your point is to tell me that its some 10,000 years ago.

To which I can only respond as...Ah OK.

Its the age of 'Atlantis' and clearly survived and can be studied and is full of stone artifacts, etc. Perhaps I misunderstood you but I thought you were saying that:

"Well even then, you not bound to find much of things that were around 12,000 years ago, or even half that."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join