It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperating Atlantis from reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your mind is to small to wrap your head around the topic.

Anyway... Back to only the official story.
edit on 2-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Atlas is a Titan, not a god. On further reading, a Titan is a god. My bad, he just not an Olympian. Stephen Fry has a good book out at the moment, Mythos. Well worth the read.
edit on 2-12-2018 by kingparrot because: Correcting myself

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Kandinsky

See, I agree and don't debate known history. I like to delve into the period of unknown prehistory.

Pre-cradle civs are my favorite targets.

You should probably be using the term "culture" instead of "civilization."

That gets at the heart of the matter, I think. Technically the word "civilization" implies cities, but more broadly it usually implies and advanced stage of culture and technology, including writing. A "culture," on the other hand, can include the way of life of stone age hunter-gatherers with none of that. Anthropologically speaking, it's a much broader, more inclusive term. The biggest question I want answered is at what level this previous culture/civilization was at? What WAS their technology? How do you explain these worldwide megaliths when nothing much else survived? All we have are some OOPARTS that are difficult to place in context. People jump to all kinds of conclusions about them, but without the archeological context they aren't worth much.

What we really need is another ice age to suck back the water and uncover this stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Si, We are ALL "circles" (Eternal) Creators working Our way back from whence We came, The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku. Mother Earth will do another re-boot as She continues to play "Etch-A-Sketch" And some of the things 'dry' will become 'wet' and versa visa...

Gilgamesh becomes Noah becomes the gal/guy who gets out of 23AndMe.com or Ancestry.com w/the ample samples.

And I'd prefer whomever getting the DNA from one of these places in a "crap shoot" rather than the copious amounts of DNA on board down at the Crime/Corrections wing...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot
a reply to: rickymouse

Atlas is a Titan, not a god.

Also does a whale of bee's wax in Maps...

A "GIANT" in the field...

*** Note: Just got a come-on/spiel from Ancestrydna.com so add that to the list. They're either monitoring this or the mensa™ site.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Your mind is to small to wrap your head around the topic.

Anyway... Back to only the official story.

I'm not willing to resort to religious mumbo jumbo to explain the issue here. Insulting my intelligence simply displays your character. I really suggest you develop your topic in some sort of metaphysical or religious forum where they'll believe anything with no proof required. The "official story" does not include Atlantis at all, yet here we are discussing the very thing. That pretty well nullifies your claims. If you are going to advance the state of our knowledge, you have to show your work. All you are doing is making stuff up and we're suppose to believe it because you say so. Where is your evidence? You don't have any. That is simply not credible.
edit on 12/2/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

What... That Atlantis is a place in your mind?

You are in a thread about Atlantis.

But anyway.. Back to the official story only. Plato's version of Atlantis... An alleged mythical land of advanced beings on a continent that sank.

edit on 2-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Let's do away with the 12,000BCE account of 'Atlantis' which came to Plato, from the dim past of the Egyptian Culture of Learned Stoics or Antiquity experts which handed down the Epic Story for countless generations...

I suggest the 'Atlantis' of Myth was found in the land mass of the India sub-continent before it slammed into the coastline of Central Asia... the millions of years-old stories & accounts of fabled flying-machines and Healing Rays of Light, exist to this day in the society/cultural makeup of modern India to-this-day...

their landmass is the best candidate for a 'past' thriving advanced people/culture existing on a Ocean surrounded land mass---> until the collision-of-continents some 10s or 100s Million Years Ago into scattered survivors returned to stone-age survivalists, scattered in small Tribes or hundreds of Groups of nomadic villages
edit on nd31154379340902302018 by St Udio because: closing statement

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Possible.

Dwarka

When underwater settlements are concerned within Indian marine archaeology, the most talked about would be the ancient city of Dwarka. As the legend goes, Krishna, the most powerful personality in Mahabharat, is said to have founded the city, in a place with the same name at the Devbhoomi Dwarka district in Gujarat’s west coast. Dwarka is one of the best-studied underwater sites in India.

Vedas

Vimana's

Vimāna are the flying palaces or chariots described in Hindu texts and Sanskrit epics. The Pushpaka Vimana of the king Ravana (who took it from Lord Kubera; Rama returned it to Kubera) is the most quoted example of a vimana. Vimanas are also mentioned in Jain texts.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: SLAYER69

Someone came to North America during the Bronze Age to get copper out of Michigan. If it wasn't Atlantis, who?

Could you please provide some more info on that? I heard at one point that it could have been the Romans. Fascinating anyway.

Most people that believe this think the Minoans controlled the copper trade. Massive deposits of some of the purest copper in the world have been mined since very early times in Michigan. There is some evidence Europeans brought it to Europe during the Bronze Age. Threads I have seen on ATS were unable to reach any consensus as every facet of this theory seems to be in dispute but there are many websites out there there that support such an idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

He’s got a lot on his shoulders

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Personally, I would go with culture. However, if you subscribe to the idea they were so advanced that Egypt and everyone else got their civilization from the Atlanteans dispersing after their island was destroyed then civilization might be appropriate. There are legends everywhere about people getting their culture, religion, science, agriculture, metallurgy, etc. from foreign visitors.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

But anyway.. Back to the official story only. Plato's version of Atlantis... An alleged mythical land of advanced beings on a continent that sank.

That's precisely what OP wants to avoid, the fixation on Plato's "Atlantis." Other than the fact that Plato, through Solon, nailed the date of the disaster at the Younger Dryas, the story itself has a lot of mythology in it. In the same manner, Noah's Flood is myth. There likely was no Noah, certainly no Ark, and definitely not animals two by two. But there was a flood, or, more to the point, "flooding" that is recounted worldwide, including Native American mythology. It's documented that the sea level rose 300 feet about that time which, given the tendency of civilizations to be based near the coastline, pretty well counts as a flood. There is no scientific argument about that at all. The argument is more about the level of culture that got flooded out, if they ever did.

The problem with fixating on Atlantis proper is that it throws us off course. Everyone has an idea of where Atlantis was. It's Santorini. It's Antarctica, It's in Spain. It's in the Sea of Japan. It's Mauritania. It's Ireland. It's in the middle of Africa. It's "in the Indian Subcontinent" (above.) It's actually Indonesia. It's in the middle of the Atlantic. 10,000 books all have a go at this. And the fact is, underwater ruins have been found in a lot of these places, thus "proving" Atlantis was there. Also, many of these places were where land was located before the sea rose 300 feet. Indonesia was a continent, for example, not a bunch of islands.

I would submit that "Atlantis" is all (well, many, not all) of these places and that they collectively WERE the previous civilization. They were unlikely all the same unified country, just like today, but they had a worldwide system of commerce. They shared knowledge. They had roughly the same technology. And just like today, there were stone age tribes living all over the world without direct contact, subsistence level cultures that survived the rise in sea level.

Our problem is one of interpretation when the barriers are high, including 300 feet of sea level, and precious little in the way of verifiable artifacts. We have a bunch of megalithic building pieces and some rumors. We've found places like Goblekli Tepi along with some tantalizing physical traces, including the recent find of an age-appropriate meteor crater in Greenland. The geologists, for their part, have finally admitted to flooding, and the signs of it in the geological record are now obvious. The Lake Missoula Flood(s) are now considered a reality, and the scablands of Eastern Washington, especially from satellite photography (which is relatively recent) are mind boggling.

It really is coming together here. Now if we could just get that water to back off a bit.....

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

How does unconnected subsistence culture move an 800 ton block of stone?

Also, how would sea level rise totally wipe this civilization off the face of the earth if it wasn't brought upon by a global cataclysm?

What about Pumu Punku and Tiwanaku, they are around 13,000 feet in elevation. What happened to the society who cut/formed and moved those stones? Why did they use the same engineering techniques as they used in Egypt or parts of Egypt, Balbaak and other megalithic sites??

Boiling it down to a subsistence locally based culture is a bit ridiculous. There's obviously more to the story and as assert by the OP himself in this thread. There are energetic and cyclical changes that bring about total transformations in society and culture even the physical view of earth and the heavens.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You may lack an understanding of how particles interact on a sub atomic level but don't go making bold claims due to your own ignorance.

Are you drunk?? I am rarely one to side with grouchy-as-hell Schuyler, but you're accusing him of EXACTLY what YOU have done in each post of your own, so far! Each of your posts have put forth scenarios which you do NOT qualify with words such as "guess" or "theory" or "I believe." You've been putting your SPECULATUONS into this thread as fact.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

wait, are you saying everything everyone is saying in this thread is mere speculation?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

wait, are you saying everything everyone is saying in this thread is mere speculation?

No. You know I didn't say or even imply that.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about my motivations for posting that post, I would only worry about what's being discussed in this thread

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

How does unconnected subsistence culture move an 800 ton block of stone? Boiling it down to a subsistence locally based culture is a bit ridiculous.

Say what? I never said that. That's not my idea. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? You certainly aren't reading carefully. You're making up a straw man here. I suspect you're just trying to find something to argue about. You're still making stuff up.

I don't know how they moved the stones. I already said that. In many areas the stones look melted in place. That points to a technology we have not replicated today. Sonics? Some sort of anti gravity? I don't know. That's one of the mysteries. I'm not required to come up with how it happened. I'd like to know,, though.

Also, how would sea level rise totally wipe this civilization off the face of the earth if it wasn't brought upon by a global cataclysm?

It did not wipe it off the face of the earth. Some survived or we wouldn't have the tale today. And we still have the megaliths to look at. We have Gobleki Tepi. We have the pyramids. That does not equate to "wiped off the face of the earth." And it was a global cataclysm for all intents and purposes. If the population wasn't in the billions and the centers of civilization were coastal cities, that pretty well takes care of it right there. But one of my main objections has always been, "Where is their stuff?" We have precious little. But I already said that.

What about Pumu Punku and Tiwanaku, they are around 13,000 feet in elevation. What happened to the society who cut/formed and moved those stones? Why did they use the same engineering techniques as they used in Egypt or parts of Egypt, Balbaak and other megalithic sites??

What about them? Simple answer: The similarity shows a worldwide continuity of culture and a shared technology. I have no idea what happened to the people who built them, but here's an idea. Let's say you lived high up in the mountains. The flooding happens and the core of your civilization is gone. What do you do? The best you can, including reverting to a subsistence lifestyle. There's no mystery here.

Look. I have a friend in Silverton, Colorado, almost 10,000 feet up in the Rockies. They have t-shirts up there that say "Sea level is for sissies." He used to sell really good ice cream to the tourists. But his raw material supplier cut him off because he did not want to drive the "Million Dollar Highway" (US 50) through the curves to Silverton any more. So my friend no longer sells ice cream. Get it? That's not too deep for you, is it?

But I know. Your idea is that Atlantis still exists all around us, but we can't see it because it's in another dimension. Just like Steven Greer's invisible spaceships. Good luck with selling that idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

Going back to the bit about the "Titans" In this morning's Crossword Puzzle #155 Across: Giant God (their's was small letters)

Interestingly, #94 Across: Messenger God (theirs was small letters) and #104 Across: Goddess of dawn

Conspiracy angle: NO, zippo, nada Down Clues contained word(s) of God(s).

Stay Hydrated...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join