It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

One final thing, to the person who astral projected themselves to me a couple nights ago, that wasn't cool. You woke me up at like 3 in the morning and I saw you approaching me, that's why I pushed you away. Though I'm not sure how anyone could have gotten past the eye above my door, you did. I dont know for sure if it was someone from here, though I didn't appreciate it anyways. Also yes I know that makes me sound like a lunatic.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

LOL, you have my pic. Love that one! I give out stars to people in here for their participation and to acknowledge them, unless it's a really bad post to cause trouble.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

One final thing, to the person who astral projected themselves to me a couple nights ago, that wasn't cool.

Wasn't me, I don't know how and I doubt any of our members would.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Samesies

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No, sorry.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Have you had your coffee today? Must be cold in Canada. Brrrrr!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 6/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Ok...umm how can I do this then? I dont want to share my email here in public.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello boys and girls.

I've added my stories to the current contest.

Both are based from dreams I've recently had.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

We're not supposed to share our e-mails. I don't want to see you get in trouble. You can send PM's after your post ban I guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Well hello there Blue! I am trying to catch up in different places right now. I'll get to your stories later Hun.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ok I guess I have to get a hold of someone, I'll stop flooding the thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've had like 3 mugs full
Our lovely furnace still isn't working. The ladies have to use portable heaters and are not happy lol. There is talk of going to a hotel. I got odd looks when I said I was fine and would stay home lol

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not healthy to stay in the cold Brent. What the heck is taking them so long??

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's actually the perfect temp in the basement for me right now. Not too cold, but not warm enough to need a fan blowing on me at all times
And I think the heat from my electronics is helping a bit as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi, everyone, just dropping in to keep up with you all and also pass on some good news. Lots of good news, actually.

It's now getting easier to get in and out of bed, and I can stand up longer to cook, eat, wander around in the house, or type like I'm doing now. The pain is not so bad these days. I'm really looking forward to being able to sit down normally, though. In a few days I can start with some tentative sitting practice and by around Dec 18 I should be able to sit for longer periods.

My doc came around to visit me yesterday. He checked my surgical wound and said it's healing fine. Around the 18th I can drive the three miles to his offices to get checked over again and hopefully get the all-clear. Meanwhile, he's arranging for a district nurse to drop by next Wednesday and remove my stitches.

And today I got a double dose of good news. First of all, I got a registered letter from the Czech equivalent of the Dept of Social Security. I receive no state benefits whatsoever while I'm caring for Dada as they don't yet have legislation for that, so back in April I applied for her to receive an additional payment to help cover her care, with me identified as her carer and (in this case) legal representative.

This is how they get around the "carer gets nothing" problem. The law allows the carer to receive the payment, then apply it for the cared person's benefit and also for any legally specified carer's related needs. IOW it's a defacto Carer's Benefit.

So anyway, over the past few months the Dept gathered all the needed medical documentation, etc etc, and these then went to the state-appointed doctor to determine her level of disability. There are four levels, from slightly disabled up to totally disabled/dependent. These levels are determined by considering ten criteria, such as degree of mobility, ability to dress one's self without help, cook, shop, handle money etc etc.

The higher (more severe) the level, the greater the benefit the state pays. I expected or hoped she'd be classified as Level III, which means severely disabled/dependent, as that would be at least fair and give us enough to cover all the extra outlay I'd been paying for months and will have to in the future as well.

To get Level III Dada needed to be classified as disabled/dependent under 6 or 7 of the 10 criteria. I figured she was at least at that level and realistically, her condition is worse than that as I have to do everything for her except help her get in and out of bed. I even clean her teeth for her, for example.

Well, the doctor decided she meets 9 of the 10 criteria: she's been assessed as "totally dependent". I am so relieved, because it's a true reflection of where we are now. It also means my wife qualifies for Level IV disability support, which is the highest.

Social Security will back-pay us the 8 months of payments she is legally entitled to since April, then continue to pay monthly. Her assessment is "permanently applicable", meaning no reviews will be needed as she's already on the maximum rate. IOW, she'll get that rate for life.

It is truly such a relief. Now I'll be able to afford to pay for more hours of visiting care by qualified carers, have lunches brought in for her, pay for high-quality respite care for her when I'm worn out, and so on. Things to make life better. Up to now, I was paying for these kinds of things out of our savings and it was starting to make a real dent. Now we'll manage much better and with less worries from my side of it.

And, if she eventually has to go into permanent residential care, the place caring for her can receive the payment to help cover her costs. That means I can find a better place for her than we could otherwise afford. I hope I don't have to ever do that, but it's a weight off my mind to know the option is now available if she needs it.

So, that was one great piece of news. The other is even better. This afternoon, my stepson called the hospital she's had to stay in while I'm convalescing, and the doctor said Dada's doing well, the medications are helping – and so she can be released on Friday Dec 21.

Dada will be home for Christmas!!
WOOT!!

The doctor will officially discharge her that Friday morning and also arrange for an ambulance to bring her home, because it's still iffy that I'll be up to safely managing what's quite a long drive along winding, snowy or icy country roads.

Thank you so much to everyone for your support. There have been some really dark days lately and you've helped so much. Soon, my wife will be home again and even though it will be hard at times, she's my love and this is where she belongs.

edit on 6/12/18 by JustMike because: ty pos

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Holy crap, that is good news!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I proclaim a feast in celebration of all your good news. So happy to hear that things will be better for you and your beloved!

Much love and a warm hug Hun!

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join