It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Greetings And Good Tidings, Mi'Lady

*Tips Up Mi'Cups*...

I Have Come To Cast My Vote For You... Or My Dragon On Nay Sayers...
You Shall Be "Galactic Imperial Supreme Grand Highest Majestic Overlord Moderator"...

Then I Will Bring The Dragons Home For The Feast...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I bet the penguins are thinking:

"Is it safe to go in the water...? John! It's your turn."

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I wonder what it's like to share the water with something that big :-)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh how beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that with us Spiramirabilis! That made me smile.

Hope all is well with you and that you visit more often.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

LOL! Hello Pinnochio! I missed you! So happy to see you here tonight! How have you been?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I bet the penguins are thinking:

"Is it safe to go in the water...? John! It's your turn."

Bahaha! That made me laugh! I needed that.

How are you and your hair tonight?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm always here - reading :-)

Hope you feel better Night Star

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Awww, thank you so much! Sure wish you would pop in more often and join us by the fire or out in the beautiful lands of Accasia. Love your avatar!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be glorious......... just for a very dangerous moment....... to swim eyeball to eyeball with such a magnificent creature. I think they would recognise your intelligence and communion.

I have felt that with squid, which I believe to be very smart. I have been out at night with a flashlight looking for lobsters and squab, and encounter a squad of squid. If I moved slowly and kept the light out of their eyes, they were curious, and at one point, a squid and me were nearly eye-to-eye; like octopus, they change colours as they deem appropriate. When a squid is curious, pensive, but not threatened, a blink of flashes run around their flares like a movie marquee. It's truly amazing.

I think a very large whale might feel the same, unless they had a calf or otherwise felt threatened. There is a movie called Whale Rider, loosely based upon the Maori culture, which greatly appeals to me. It's a wonderful movie.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

It would be amazing...

I love that story about the squid. I have a thing for octopus myself - I think they are very smart. I think so many things are intelligent

I'm accused of anthropomorphizing everything I see

Whatever

edit on 12/5/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'll pipe up more often

I'm usually the quiet one in the corner

I forget nobody here can see me :-)

P.S. thank you about the avatar
edit on 12/5/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Me neither, the antibiotics seem to have done a little. I will switch with you. You can go to work for me Friday and I will shop for you. I don't understand this bug, Just hope I can work soon, last I checked there was no money in my socks.
You get better soon.

It is nice to read all the stories today and see beautiful pictures of amazing creatures. Off to snoozeville.
edit on 5-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: words

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That is a glorious photo. I would so love to be in that very position.

What's wrong with antropomorphising? That's just an attempt to commune with whatever creatures you encounter, and guess what? sometimes it's true and works.

When we first moved to the Caribbean over 20 years ago, I didn't know diddly about fishing here. I talked with some distant relatives that live here and they told me that the best bait for shore fishing (fishing for snapper, jacks, squab etc.) was cut-up octopus. So, I set out to find one, and walked the shore and tidepools. I found a fist-sized octopus, and when my shadow crossed it, it flared out with it's tentacles out, making an image that looked like an asterisk. I bent down to look at it, and it moved away just out of reach, holding the same pattern. I was amazed, wondering how it had moved without changing the configuration of its tentacles.

It was in a tide pool about 14" deep. I moved toward it,and it backed away. I backed up, and it moved toward me. I squatted down and just let my fingers trail in the water, and it moved closer to me. I reached to touch it, and it squirted water (still not sure how that happened) in an arc out of the sea toward me. I deemed it far too intelligent to kill. Even if I were starving, I would eat all manner of land crabs and bugs before I would ever think of the friendly octopus.

All of the Cephalopods are forever safe from me.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

All of the Cephalopods are forever safe from me.

You have no idea how much that means to me. I feel the same

More on this post tomorrow - running to catch a bus. As per usual

:-)

night shedfolk

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have been learning about octopus and squid this year and was surprised to find out how intelligent they were. Wonderful sea creatures!

Wis, hope we both feel better soon, especially you who needs to work. Sometimes these things hang on for dear life. LOL
Being disabled, I can't work for you, so no trading places I'm afraid.
Geez, My cupboards and fridge really need restocking, nice that we ordered out for chinese tonight. YUM!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
For those of us playing, I just lost The Game

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

What game?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Rule #1 Once you know about the game, you are always playing the game. Would you like to know more?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Are you talking about an online game or one you play at home? I don't play games, though those fantasy ones look really cool. It would be too addicting for me. LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It's more like a mind game. If you think about The Game, you lose The Game and must announce it. Once you know about it, you are always playing. Someone announcing they lost or talking about The Game does not cause one to lose. Stuff like that

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join