It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlimited being

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder

Well if you're using definitions such as winning and losing then that implies either achieving or failing to achieve a goal doesn't it? It seems to me that by removing both of those definitions you are only really removing the goal.
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
It more about beliefs than achieving or not, for example, you could be given a lottery ticket and you had no goal to win the prize or expectancy. Then the number is pulled and bingo. What I am trying to say here is more like whether you lose or win... there is more to life than just that.

When you buy a lottery ticket the idea that you may win is inherent in the purchase. It is how you deal with the win or loss. Are you bitter if you loose, are you elated and do you change who you are if you win? Are you the same in either outcome?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I believe the balanced way would be to do the best that we can do in any task or achievement we undertake and not focus or try to control or judge the outcome of those endeavors.

How is that possible when the amount of work we exert is so clearly linked to the outcome?
By doing the best you can you are controlling the outcome.

Here is an example of what I am trying to say. Let's say I am at work and I am assigned a project. I do the best I can and the project is totally completed in a timely manner. I have fulfilled my obligation to my job. Now, lets say, I begin to reason that the good job I did on that project should make me the best candidate for the promotion. Let's say I don't get it, and someone that I think doesn't work as hard does. I am now bitter and resentful. I have now set expectations for the fruits of my labor. I have desires to control outcomes related to my task. I could still apply for the promotion just knowing that I do the best job I can without the mental baggage of expectations that come with the scenario I described.

So expectations and beliefs get in the way of enjoyment of life? (A job well done for the sake of doing a job well for self-satisfaction?)
edit on 011CST08America/Chicago04080830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I think the OP explains that if you have a belief that you are either a winner or loser, that belief takes away from becoming an unlimited being...belief limits one's knowing or exploration of self or keeps one a limited being.

So belief limit's one's knowing?

But do we know what we believe or do we believe what we know.
It's almost as if the great goddess is revealing true eternity through our very belief structures.

Or, it's just vague nonsense.
edit on 15-11-2018 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I think the OP explains that if you have a belief that you are either a winner or loser, that belief takes away from becoming an unlimited being...belief limits one's knowing or exploration of self or keeps one a limited being.

So belief limit's one's knowing?

But do we know what we believe or do we believe what we now.
It's almost as if the great goddess is revealing true eternity through our very belief structures.

Or, it's just vague nonsense.

I say, keep your mind open and if you jump on a bandwagon always know you can jump right back off.
edit on 011CST08America/Chicago04280830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I believe the balanced way would be to do the best that we can do in any task or achievement we undertake and not focus or try to control or judge the outcome of those endeavors.

How is that possible when the amount of work we exert is so clearly linked to the outcome?
By doing the best you can you are controlling the outcome.

Here is an example of what I am trying to say. Let's say I am at work and I am assigned a project. I do the best I can and the project is totally completed in a timely manner. I have fulfilled my obligation to my job. Now, lets say, I begin to reason that the good job I did on that project should make me the best candidate for the promotion. Let's say I don't get it, and someone that I think doesn't work as hard does. I am now bitter and resentful. I have now set expectations for the fruits of my labor. I have desires to control outcomes related to my task. I could still apply for the promotion just knowing that I do the best job I can without the mental baggage of expectations that come with the scenario I described.

So expectations and beliefs get in the way of enjoyment of life? (A job well done for the sake of doing a job well for self-satisfaction?)

Likes and dislikes, wants and aversions, polarity, get in the way of true fulfillment of life

There is innate satisfaction in knowing you did the best job you can do, that is different than having expectations about what that good job will produce for you.
edit on 15-11-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I say, keep your mind open and if you jump on a bandwagon always know you can jump right back off.

Damn, you win.

It's gotta be a lot harder to get off that bandwagon once you've attained "unlimited being" status though.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Damn, you win.

It's gotta be a lot harder to get off that bandwagon once you've attained "unlimited being" status though.

It's easy as one, two three...fly off - I have no chains on me.
edit on 011CST08America/Chicago05780830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I know that you know that I know ...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's a great poem imo because it has multiple interpretations. What I got from it was that belief is a very powerful and useful thing, if you believe you're a winner then you are a winner. However that is a shallow approach to achieving happiness because it makes you behave in a way that may not be who you truly are, you're just acting a certain way because it comes across as confident or what ever and impresses other people. In order to be truly free one needs to let go of these egotistic beliefs and just be themselves, without fear of judgment.

Letting go of religion has a similar effect, you're free to be yourself without fear of judgment by an all watching eye. But then you run the risk of letting rigid scientific beliefs constrict your thought and behavior. The next level of awareness leads to agnosticism, it's letting go of your beliefs in religion and your belief in science and just admitting that no one really knows the truth, then you can be yourself without feeling like you need to adhere to the dogma of either group, that is a level of wisdom and knowing which neither of those groups possess.
edit on 15/11/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Then again, embracing agnosticism could also be looked as a belief in that being the path to knowing. It's complicated, for sure and I have to disagree with you on your statement the other groups as not possessing wisdom and knowing. They do within their belief and dogma as pertains to their chosen journey. Is it all about choice then?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I have to disagree with you on your statement the other groups as not possessing wisdom and knowing

I said that didn't have the same level of wisdom, not that they lacked it entirely. But yes it is a bit of a generalization.
edit on 15/11/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

I have to disagree with you on your statement the other groups as not possessing wisdom and knowing

I said that didn't have the same level of wisdom, not that they lacked it entirely. But yes it is a bit of a generalization.

Yes, all we can do is speculate and generalize when it comes to philosophical matters in life.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's strange that you would use a winning lottery ticket to make that point.
a reply to: [post=23960370]Krahzeef_Ukhar[/post
I have my strange moments, sometimes you have to exaggerate a point to reach home. In this occasion it looks like it worked.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Unlimited being is not attained nor owned, so status is not applicable.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Borrowed from www.theself.com

EXISTENCE DREAMING
Existence exists as consciousness without space (advaita).

No one doubts they 'are' (exist).

Everyone feels 'I Am' (I exist).

The awareness of Self existence is not made of any material, nor any size, nor exists in any space (location).

It simply IS, exists as Existence, consciousness without space, a non-spatial Self-existent spiritual Being.

You are aware you exist, hence Existence exists. And because Existence exists, all else exists.

Existence is also known as the Self, consciousness, God, spirit, soul, the Infinite or simply your inner awareness 'I AM' ('I exist').

Existence is indivisible consciousness, forever still, bodiless, unmodified, without space (and hence material).

But it is not empty, void or nothingness as it is consciousness.

In the absence of bricks (material) to build a house, and space in which to place it, the house can only be a dream.

Absolute dreaming relative. Being dreaming becoming. These two remain forever true:

Existence exists (forever).

Existence dreams (forever).

by Pardeep

Stay Hydrated, so that skinsuit runs up to snuff whilst You're 'stuck' in it....

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks great stuff, worthy of its own OP and thanks for sharing!a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Maybe it is as simple as enjoying the ride and not being worried about the outcome. As long as you operate under honor and integrity, especially to yourself, the results simply become a byproduct. Win or lose the journey itself doesn't change, and the entire path can be enjoyed when expectations are redirected.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: InTheLight

Maybe it is as simple as enjoying the ride and not being worried about the outcome. As long as you operate under honor and integrity, especially to yourself, the results simply become a byproduct. Win or lose the journey itself doesn't change, and the entire path can be enjoyed when expectations are redirected.

That works for me, but might not necessarily work for others' expectations of me therefore causing me to redirect my behaviour for others' expectations or needs..."it's complicated" comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Technically unlimited being is an oxymoron. To be, you must have definition, which is another word for limit.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

'Tis no easy attempt, to sow the seeds of contemplation in others.
The comments here appear to show that you have succeeded.
Art well done, perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join