It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlimited being

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Technically unlimited being is an oxymoron. To be, you must have definition, which is another word for limit.

Who says? You?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
Perhaps! well, I would go so far as to say certain souls are contemplative by nature. A certain subject would bring that part closer to the surface. Others with the same subject, prefer the tool of logic. This is an attempt to discard and discredit, no matter what. This leaves one with the sensation that one has won a battle. How long does that satisfaction last?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Who says? You?
a reply to: InTheLight
As you have pointed, unlimited being is unlimited and not phased by "You's" or "definitions"

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

What do you believe an unlimited being to be?
The term seems a little too vague for my liking.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Perhaps! well, I would go so far as to say certain souls are contemplative by nature. A certain subject would bring that part closer to the surface. Others with the same subject, prefer the tool of logic. This is an attempt to discard and discredit, no matter what. This leaves one with the sensation that one has won a battle. How long does that satisfaction last?

Agreed.
See what you mean.
Maybe sometimes some of us are so used to limitations, that even thinking about their absence, raises fears?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Maybe sometimes some of us are so used to limitations, that even thinking about their absence, raises fears?
It may even be an automated response, whereby we need a drama to feel safe!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Who says? You?
As you have pointed, unlimited being is unlimited and not phased by "You's" or "definitions"

I was trying to point out all of this is subjective and I may define myself via my subjectivity and choose to use the 'you' definition when it it pertinent to do so while being either a limited or semi-unlimited being.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It may even be an automated response, whereby we need a drama to feel safe!

Draaaaaaaaaaaaaa, maaaaaaaaaaa!

Beyond being a 'being', is just being?

Or is just being, beyond being a 'being'?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First things first...

Know who you are...

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
First things first...

Know who you are...

How can one know who one is if one is a limited being? As a limited being, one's knowledge is limited.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

First things first...

Know who you are...

As a limited being, one's knowledge is limited.

Exactly!!!!!

Is that thought so scary that you need to invent unlimited being?
Be happy with your limited knowledge.

I am.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I suppose that’s a different way to say exactly what I said while you believe to be saying something different...

Perhaps this was a demonstration of limits...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

First things first...

Know who you are...

As a limited being, one's knowledge is limited.

Exactly!!!!!

Is that thought so scary that you need to invent unlimited being?
Be happy with your limited knowledge.

I am.

If you mean most human beings throughout the dawn of time imagining the self as unlimited everlasting conscious energy, then if we imagine it to be true, then I personally could never be happy nor fulfilled settling into life only as a limited being.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I suppose that’s a different way to say exactly what I said while you believe to be saying something different...

Perhaps this was a demonstration of limits...

It was not a matter of saying the exact same thing by saying it differently because your vague post could easily be taken into another context, which is where I took it and replied accordingly.

But indeed if we are limited beings then our theories about who and what we are, of course, would be limited. But, if we are unlimited conscious infinite energy, then the sky's not the limit.
edit on 011CST06America/Chicago00060630 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If you mean most human beings throughout the dawn of time imagining the self as unlimited everlasting conscious energy, then if we imagine it to be true, then I personally could never be happy nor fulfilled settling into life only as a limited being.

What's the difference between unlimited and everlasting?

Seems strange that you would use both words.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder
But what helps our words to be ‘a bubbling torrent of wisdom’ instead of a babbling brook of trivialities? (Proverbs 18:4) Solomon answers: “The wise are the ones that treasure up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish one is near to ruin itself.”​—Proverbs 10:14.

The first requirement is that our mind should be filled with the upbuilding knowledge of God. There is only one source of that knowledge. The apostle Paul wrote: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)

Not lame human philosophy designed to tickle ears* (2 Tim 4:3,4) which will not make one "wise for salvation". (*: sound appealing)
2 Timothy 3:14,15:

14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 18:4 (AT) states: “The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters; the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.” Running water is fresh water, and deep wisdom should bubble forth for the refreshment of many. Our words should be deep waters, not shallow waters; they should come out as a bubbling brook, not a babbling brook. We should not be and will not be shallow babblers if we are truly interested in the deep waters of God’s Word, a.k.a. "the Scriptures", "the holy writings", "Scripture", etc.
edit on 21-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

What's the difference between unlimited and everlasting?

Seems strange that you would use both words.

One meaning is eternal the other is boundless in the gaining of knowledge or enlightenment.

Also to whereislogic, being limited in gaining knowledge only through religion, in my opinion, is also limiting oneself.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No you were saying the exact same thing as I did while believing I was saying otherwise...

Anyone who assumes they are without limits is just lying to themselves...

I find it odd also you assume to know what I meant better than I did, this is clearly a manifestation of your limitations for you are showing that you don’t actually know yourself... My statement was not vague it was short and sweet or should I say consise...

Now that does not mean that our essence is not unlimited, except when entertaining the reality that our essence while in this living form is bound by the limits of this existence...

None the less you are free to believe you have a greater understanding than I...But you have proven otherwise to me, by believing what you tell yourself so much that you tried to tell me what I was saying twice...

After all anyone who truly knows themselves would not be prone to delusions such as yourself and be fully aware of their limitations...

For now you are a limited being after this you may become unlimited I’m not so convinced of that... But yes you will be everlasting...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I believe I have only a greater understanding of my personal physical and ethereal experiences and spiritual path. Never did I say I was an unlimited being, I limit myself due to obligations to other people in my life, which prevents me from walking away from everything as Buddha did to supposedly find enlightenment. I made my choice, but these ethereal experiences some of us experience are anything but delusions and they interject often within this physical form.

One of the reasons I am on ATS is to have discussions about these alternate states of being, so while I am aware of my physical limitations other ethereal experiences show me that deeper levels of awareness is boundless.

Your reply shows an extremely biased and closed-minded spirit and I hope one day you will be enlightened by an epiphany or perhaps you may step out of your limited four-sided box you put your mind into. But, don't presume to know my mind or intent through this online format because one can never know another in a truthful and intimate way while making assumptions via bias. So, I was not saying what you were saying. Just because you don't understand or choose to not understand my and others' ethereal experiences begs the saying to you - "Know thyself".

Nobody on this thread is claiming to be an unlimited being, we are discussing what that may look like if a person could attain that state; even Buddha achieved enlightenment in a limited way, IMO.

Yes, I and everyone and everything is to be recycled, whether or not our consciousness is recycled in an intact form remains to be experienced or not experienced.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If we look back to the OP:

"The losers are the one who believe they are losers The winners are the ones, that believe they are winners The ones that have no need of belief. These ones, are the knower’s, free to just be themselves. Unlimited being. "

, perhaps we could consider the idea that those believe they are limited: are limited?

So if one chooses to live in this 'regular society', with it's obligations and limitations, is there also place for occasional contemplation what it might be like, to be without limitations?

Can we not have a little of both?

Meaning: we participate here in consensual reality, with it's limitations; and sometimes we explore other possibilities, where many of those limitations seem to not be relative at all?

If so: then perhaps one may be a limited being, who occasionally experiences various states of unlimited being?

(Although there may be limitations there, that we simply haven't recognized yet?)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join