It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just a small sample:

Trump cancels First World War memorial visit to US cemetery because of 'poor weather'

Trump Cancels Visit to World War I Memorial Site Due to ‘Poor Weather’

White House cancels Trump's WWI cemetery visit in France over weather

Trump Cancels Trip to U.S. Military Cemetery, Citing Bad Weather

Trump cancels World War One memorial visit to US cemetery because of 'poor weather'

From one of the "articles":

A member of the British Parliament and grandson of legendary British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, Nicholas Soames, was even more critical, calling Trump “pathetic” and “inadequate” on Twitter because he “couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen” who “died with their face to the foe.”

Really?

Wait a second.

When Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem, the media and the Left told us it was his right to do so (which it is), despite the fact that many thought it was disrespectful to those that had lost their lives fighting in our government's endless wars.

But now its "how dare Trump disrespect the military and the fallen"...?

edit on 10-11-2018 by gladtobehere because: typo

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Trump is a rainist.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I picture all those criticizing the president taking a dump on the flag while bitching.

The mental picture is like "2 girls and a flag" only without the girls.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
He lives ALL up in their head don't he?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well sheat! If it weren't for Trump the flunky journo-political activists wouldn't know What to write about.
edit on 10-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While this is obviously blown out of proportion, the guy still could have gone to pay his respects despite the rain. a reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

When Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem, the media and the Left told us it was his right to do so (which it is), despite the fact that many thought it was disrespectful to those that had lost their lives fighting in our government's endless wars.

That might be because Colin is not the POTUS. No need to worry, Trump will do what he wants.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

didn't you know? it's called double standards, it's the norm these days and it's trending

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I really do wonder when TDS will be added to the DSM-V. If things like this don’t prove it’s an actual mental disability, I don’t know what will

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well this is what happen when you mess with the media.. they are like a pack of rats, if you stop feeding them cheese, they will come in your house and be all angry and stuff

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
While this is obviously blown out of proportion, the guy still could have gone to pay his respects despite the rain.

He got a fresh spray tan last night. It washes off if you don't let it soak in for a full 24 hours.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't agree with Nicholas Soames often but on this occasion he's spot on.

I think it's lack of interest in the occasion that stopped Trump not the weather.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

He got a fresh spray tan last night. It washes off if you don't let it soak in for a full 24 hours.

I could buy that, but it would cause massive problems with the NPC's "Orange Man Bad" program. Systems would crash!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I am curious...did Macron not go due to the inclement weather too? Are they upset that Trump did not drive out there with him? I am guessing I am missing something.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I am curious...did Macron not go due to the inclement weather too? Are they upset that Trump did not drive out there with him? I am guessing I am missing something.

Who cares what the leader of that country did!!!

Don’t you understand??!!!?!..... Trump OVERFED THE KOI FISH!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

He was meant to be visiting the American Cemetery and Memorial to honor fallen American World War I soldiers.

Trump had been scheduled to participate in a wreath-laying and moment of silence at the site, where U.S. and French troops fought German forces in 1918, according to The Independent. Nearly 2,300 bodies are buried at the site.
www.thestate.com...

Guess it's easier to speak of your respect for your military than brave the rain to show it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I am curious...did Macron not go due to the inclement weather too?

No.

The leaders of Germany and France on Saturday made a pilgrimage to Rethondes, the Glade of the Armistice, the place where the document was signed a century ago to end World War I.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Weather would prevent a helicopter trip. Fifty miles in a motorcade in a foreign country would tax the security service and harm the other traffic as in stop it altogether. Trump has always been about honoring our military past and present, so I believe its disingenuous to imply otherwise. Simply something else to gripe about. Just so everyone understands, I am sure every newsroom had articles ready to go about how it was a serious insult to American values that actually visited a "foreign" grave sight. It's just how they think.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Trump supporters losing their collective minds over the media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

Fixed.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

But it wasn't a "foreign" grave site.
edit on 10-11-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join