It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is it rain of fog? Is he flying? I feel there may be facts missing.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
You know what would very interesting? A poll (with guaranteed accurate and honest results) of how many actual veterans are outraged over this vs how many of the “outraged” have never been within 50 miles of any military mission...or uniform...or even a military post/base. Not to mention how many are journalists with their perpetual axe to grind relative to anything Trump.

This veteran couldn’t care less (same with Obama) whether a POTUS ever sees my grave. We generally don’t do what we do to have people fawn over us, in life or in death. I imagine the sailors, marines, soldiers and airman of other countries feel similarly.

I'll speak on behalf of the marines out there.. it's our #ing 243rd birthday and we didn't even know Trump did a thing. We're too busy remembering our brothers and don't really care about politicians in the first place. Now, where did i put my crown royal....

A2D

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: gladtobehere

Utter rubbish. If Obama had blown off a memorial ceremony to the dead WW1 Marines at Belleau Wood it would have been reason to impeach him on the part of the GOP and some of the more deranged members of this website would have called for worse.
This is a case of double standards on the part of people who seem to think that Trump can do no wrong. Here's a newsflash for you, he can. He did in this case. This is an insult to the dead.

They're dead man
..they literally do not care because they can't. They're DEAD. Stop acting like my friends and family who gave their lives give a #. They don't. They can't. You cant insult the dead. This is an "insult" to pansy little babies who get insulted over a barista spelling their name wrong on a cup.

A2D

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well in Fairness to Trumpy, the USA didn't enter the First World War until mid late 1918...it was all over by Nov the 11th, that same year.
Today actually....100 years ago.

USAnian casualties were fairly low, compared to everyone else.

I think for most of the 20th century, people weren't even aware, or knew the USA was involved...other than selling arms of course.

I don't even think most Americans (Canadians excepted) know what Armistice Day actually is.

edit on 10-11-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that Trump and the memorial is in a foreign sovereign...it is not the USA. He was there in support of history and allied relations. I give him credit that he did not get dictatorial and tell France they had to clear all the roads to this memorial so he could get good photo ops placing a wreath!
to Trump for once not making it all about him and his image!

Edit add: the irony is that the MSM and haters have once again made it all about Trump!

edit on 11 10 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Orange man bad , and it's raining. why bother. Official reasons ? News still considered information ? DS vs trump so much is true. just 2 elites fighting who will run this prison. But I root for trump seems a decent guy.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So the guy who saved the NYC Veterans Day parade just decides not to go to this because of...what? Gimme a f'n break...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Big difference kneeling for an anthem and jetting aboard Air Force 1 in luxury to spend a few minutes in solidarity with Europe.

But whatever floats your boat.

Aisne-Marne American cemetery in the French village of Belleau –.....

prevented him from arriving via helicopter to the site, which is more than 50 miles east of the French capital.

50 miles seriously - Sunday 13 - 10 deg C - light coat and umbrella weather. Don't they have motorcades for VIPS?.

The diet coke man will melt in France.

Average 16 - 8 deg C early Nov in NYC

Isn't NYC where he spent most his time building his fortune?

LOL
LOL
LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Any time a president decides not to attend any event, it can be for any reason and most likely, the reason they give, is not the real reason. I am glad he is staying home. He is not a disrespectful president with the military or veterans. Just leave it be and people that have to over-react to it can just StFU.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Utter rubbish. If Obama had blown off a memorial ceremony to the dead WW1 Marines at Belleau Wood it would have been reason to impeach him on the part of the GOP and some of the more deranged members of this website would have called for worse.
This is a case of double standards on the part of people who seem to think that Trump can do no wrong. Here's a newsflash for you, he can. He did in this case. This is an insult to the dead.

... pansy little babies who get insulted over a barista spelling their name wrong on a cup.

A2D

That, my good sir, is an absolutely FANTASTIC description!!!

And, I'll bet there are legions of just exactly those people too!!

WOW...that's awesome!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Hint, definition of Patriot

noun
a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Laying wreaths, or bending the knee for the anthem doesn't quite cut it under the definition.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DJMSN

But it wasn't a "foreign" grave site.

Its in FRANCE,semantics.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Look at this brief clip of Putin-Trump interaction today.
www.euronews.com...

That brief interaction between the two men tells me that, SOMETHING has been THWARTED, or SOMETHING has been ACCOMPLISHED.

The U.S. media will pull (what's left of) their hair out over this!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Does saying America is an oppressive nation unworthy of respect cut it?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Never let fake news media be accountable.

Trump speaks at military cemetery without umbrella in soaking rain

The Saturday event was canceled because rain made helicopter transport more hazardous and security more difficult along a long driving route

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Weather can mean other things besides the literal meaning. Obviously SOMEone really wanted him to be there for some reason and is furious he did not go. And we KNOW they dont give a damn about the Troops. Hmm, I wonder what the problem was then? Its almost like they had important plans, but for some reason, Trump deciding not to go ruined those plans whatever they were. *shrug*

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Well sheat! If it weren't for Trump the flunky journo-political activists wouldn't know What to write about.

not just trump but any politician. the press and the general public only seem to care about the things that don't matter.

how often do we read articles about:
the never ending wars?
failing public education system?
corporate run prisons?

the short answer is, we don't. we get instead, trump is a bad person, the Clintons are a crime family. all nonsense.
we've had democrat led government.... nothing changed
we've had republican led governemt .... nothing changed.

but hey let the mainstream media spend a week talking garbage about a memorial visit, or benghazi, or birth certificates.

we are all being spoon fed nonsense and most of the public is eating it up and asking for more.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Big difference kneeling for an anthem and jetting aboard Air Force 1 in luxury to spend a few minutes in solidarity with Europe.

But whatever floats your boat.

Aisne-Marne American cemetery in the French village of Belleau –.....

prevented him from arriving via helicopter to the site, which is more than 50 miles east of the French capital.

50 miles seriously - Sunday 13 - 10 deg C - light coat and umbrella weather. Don't they have motorcades for VIPS?.

The diet coke man will melt in France.

Average 16 - 8 deg C early Nov in NYC

Isn't NYC where he spent most his time building his fortune?

LOL
LOL
LOL

Those "few minutes" would have taken hundrdds of man hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Just admit it. If he had gone you would have complained about that too. Except you also would have nitpicked at his behavior while he was there so you wouldve complained about a bunch of things.

This way we only have to deal with One tantrum out of you. Its a win for those of us that are sick of hearing grown ups whine like Little Itty Bitty Helpless Babies.

Besides, youre a nobody when it comes to the President's schedule. Just like me. We have no idea what reasons they might've had.

Do you honestly think they would come right out and say they dont feel like the President would be safe at the event? Do you honeslty think they would come right out and say they uncovered an assassination plot planned by one of our so called allies?

Its no secret he's hated by NPCs all around the world. The media, worldwide, irresponsibly put his life in danger by comparing him to Hitler, putting his head in crosshairs with the caption "why not?" and the onslaught of continuous hate going for over 2 years now. It would be easy to kill him and blame it on "some crazy person" who also had a gun. And guess who would be in charge of the investigation? The US? No, our beloved allies who hate us.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Wait a second...

Last I checked Colin Kaepernick is not President of the United States, Commander and chief of the armed forces and YUGE PIECE OF SH*T for disrespecting the Veterans.

How and why would you defend this with a deflection to a football player is equally disrespectful as 2 wrongs do not make a right(wing) nutjob...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The bigger story in my opinion is how the rwnj’s are twisting themselves into pretzels defending iq45.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join