It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media losing its collective mind over Trump's "disrespect" to the Military Memorial.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe the Secret Service got wind of potential danger to the President. Seems strange that so many non-patriotic folks are getting their panties in a wad about this.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are you expecting but deflections?

This is a cult after all. Ever seen cult members defend cult leaders on mass suicides?

Trump has never said or done anything wrong since he announced his presidential campaign to 99% of the trumpets on here

link   
here is what is sad about the ww1 affair. not trump but ww1 fought because 3 first cousins eastern european royalty couldn't get along. they bitch and start the crap but commoners die by the millions.

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Seems strange that so many non-patriotic folks are getting their panties in a wad about this.

Priceless !
Non-patriotic folks are getting their panties in a wad over the President being non-patriotic.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We found Trump's fear....Rain....although maybe his wife is the one who talked him out of it because she is afraid of catching a cold. It is in the fifties and raining there, I would bet his smart wife actually is the one who talked him out of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I try never to make a person the total sum of one action. Seems to me that Trump has done more for veterans than any other president. You can't deny the man is patriotic, being a Nationalist and all.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I try never to make a person the total sum of one action. Seems to me that Trump has done more for veterans than any other president. You can't deny the man is patriotic.

+1
President Trump has more than established himself as a supporter of the military.
missing one event does not change this. walking in the rain is one thing; helo flights in weather are another.

as a vet myself I'm not troubled by this.
I am annoyed by the military-hating media feigning outrage. you're not fooling anyone you fake news folks.
edit on 10-11-2018 by ElGoobero because: fix quote

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I try never to make a person the total sum of one action. Seems to me that Trump has done more for veterans than any other president. You can't deny the man is patriotic, being a Nationalist and all.

Maybe not.

On Wednesday, Trump signed a law with a provision to establish a commission charged with conducting a nationwide “asset review” of VA infrastructure. If the commission is stacked with advocates of dismantling the VA and privatizing most care, the results could be disastrous.

Congress remembers the great power of the base-closing commissions in shutting down military facilities, but at least they were able to vote the recommendations up or down. Not so with this commission; it will be empowered to make final decisions. There are likely to be regional winners and losers, and some decisions may be made to accommodate real estate developers, not veterans.
www.forbes.com... 5a

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

...and that outrage would have been just as misplaced as this.

I wonder how the ghosts of those honored dead feel about it? Would they rather he lay a wreath at their tombs, or work to prevent future wreaths from having to be laid at newer tombs.

Yes, maybe he should have gone. It's not even remotely the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Concerning the VA Mission Act, I think I'll go with the opinions of veterans who have a vested interest, not Forbes.
veterans.house.gov...

edit on 10-11-2018 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe he was just afraid he would embarrass himself again trying to handle an umbrella.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I just do not care about this issue. Seems pretty dumb to me. No matter who is a leader. Also, how many World War 1 vets are still alive? 1 or 2? Give it a rest.

I am a veteran and I seriously could give a # less.

And yeah, if Obama did the same thing I could have gave a # less.

So that's my 2 pennies. Both of them bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What are you expecting but deflections?

This is a cult after all. Ever seen cult members defend cult leaders on mass suicides?

Trump has never said or done anything wrong since he announced his presidential campaign to 99% of the trumpets on here

Interpretation:

"My side lost the 2016 US election even though it rigged it as much as possible. Therefore the legitimate winner is a nazi and all those who voted for him are mere cult members, the electoral college stifles cheating therefore it must go, anything I don't like I'll label as deflection"

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
president bone spurs couldn't get his hair-do wet with other leaders, and it's no biggie to you all.

someone takes a knee during the national anthem and you lose your minds.

it's funny you all think he cares about you.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I know the cemetery is dedicated to the American war dead. Nothing positive in the News about President Trump. American media are experts at spinning a story to make it say what they want and when it comes to Trump its never positive. He could write a check for a million dollars for a million people in the US and use his money to do it and the story would be how many people didn't get a check.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Expect tons more of this false outrage from the left. They are bummed out about not taking the Senate and looking for anything to spin anti Trump. Engaging them is a waste of time.

edit on 10-11-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Talking about a man who saluted with Starbucks in his hand.

So it would be better for Trump to visit tomorrow seeing as its Veterans Day. But he could already be back home already.

November is national vets month. Started by yours truly.

When will we stop listening to them. Both sides are fueling this fire.

This is just my opinion and it's value is what you place on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
president bone spurs couldn't get his hair-do wet with other leaders, and it's no biggie to you all.

someone takes a knee during the national anthem and you lose your minds.

it's funny you all think he cares about you.

I hope that remark on bone spurs was not in relation to Trump not serving.
That would be deep ignorance of a subject
There are a lot of reasons the military will reject someone
Bone spurs is one reason

Tell you what , before you post that ignorance again , check with the military in your country first.
Then feel deep embarrassment , and go back and bury your head in the sand.
Nuff Said

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Flashback to 2010: Obama misses Memorial Day wreathing

What if the secret service was told by French Intelligence that there was a credible threat to attack the president, since his whereabouts and exact time were already known. So no matter how the president arrives, a lone gunman will still have a shot.

What would the Whitehouse say? That the Orange One is hated, and cannot go out in public? Or that it's the weather.. the local climate is ... inhospitable to Trump...

How would we know?

And how would any of his haters ever decide it really WAS a security issue, and not a personal failing?

Bonus points: And what if, French and German leaders don't want to be in a photo with Trump, while he steals the show and the limelight, going off on some tangent or questioning the Europeans' fighting spirit. What if they TOLD the US secret service that there was a danger, in order to make him look like a sissy, eroding his image in the US and Europe? We'd never know.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think maybe the idea about helicopters in heavy rain might have something to it.
Can't see Trump missing a chance to lay a wreath and garner a bit of extra support for no reason at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join