It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's is closing 51 stores in the US and Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've worked at both and I'll side with Lowes. Also, when looking at the locations of Lowes you'll see that they are often located in the same plaza's as Wal-marts and have a similar color scheme. You will be hard pressed to find a HD and Wal-Mart in the same plaza or even within a mile or so of each other.

Another "bedfellow" with Lowes is Marshall's clothing/discount store and Costco. IDK if this is due to these companies getting favorable lease options from large land developers/shoping center owners or if there is something more to the relationship between these companies.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Lowe’s and home depot have equally terrible websites. You would think that these mega stores would get their # together well enough to hire someone who knows how to build a mediocre search engine..... but no... they both hired the same chimpanzee to beat on a keyboard until something like a web site appeared on the internet. They have to be the worst examples of online shopping available.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
They literally just opened a store here . They put it directly across the street from Home Depot.

Now on that corner theres is a Lowes a HD a CVS and a Walgreens

Yes! Where we're at, if you can find a Lowe's, there's a Home Depot a stone's throw away and now Menard's is starting to invade too.

At least it makes comparison shopping very easy.

But it's like the two chains are joined at the hip ... like CVS and Walgreens.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The reason they made it this far is the wood is dry.....and they have some stores more designer slanted!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lowe’s, where I’ve lived, won’t let me enter through the exit, or exit through the entrance... unless I’ve timed it right and someone on the other side TRIGGERS the door.

They’re mad! Mad, I tell you!
edit on 11/5/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The reason they made it this far is the wood is dry.....and they have some stores more designer slanted!

Very hard to find good wood these days, but Lowes is much better than Menards or HD

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Very hard to find good wood these days...

They sell medicine for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Very hard to find good wood these days, but Lowes is much better than Menards or HD

Heh, speaking of wood...

I freely admit I'm that woman who goes with her husband to one of those or the other at the butt crack of dawn for some urgently needed item, and pauses near the lumber department.

To inhale deeply, and a little louder than necessary, declare, "I love the smell of wood in the morning!"

Gets the AM staff within earshot laughing pretty easily, and turns my husband a lovely shade of red. Gets his ass moving a little quicker, too, lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've found Lowes to be sloppy and disorganized and they few times I've had to make a purchase there it was botched but eventually handled to my satisfaction. Depot on the other hand was much easier to deal with and handled my kitchen remodel perfectly.

I agree, when I'm borderline mean to the staff at Home Depot because they "dont know how to get another plug" for the tile saw I purchased that had no plug...eventually someone comes out, says f$@^ it and gives me the next model up.

When the employees at Lowe's fail to ensure that there is actually staging in the sealed boxes they loaded in my truck before it flies out on the highway and then ask me if I have a video of that happening even though I've brought them the box...and then refuse to give me a refund until I dispute with the bank....hmm, yes I can see why they're going under.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"To inhale deeply, and a little louder than necessary, declare, "I love the smell of wood in the morning!"

I am a woman too, and I absolutely love the smell of cedar, ummm ummm mmmmm. Just love it.
I love the wood aisle too.

Maybe I got too excited about it one time. A very very old Home Depot worker came up to me to tell me he had big diamonds (umm OK) and hundreds of acres of old growth wood in Kentucky. My husband was cracking up at the end of the aisle while this old fella was trying to I think pick me up. I guess he was trying to snag a woman with diamonds and wood. It was so bizarre I really wondered if I was on candid camera or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I guess he was trying to snag a woman with diamonds and wood.

That's not the way to do it? The playbook pretty much reads that way.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This is true. I often see lowes by walmart or costco. Home Depot in both locations in my town backs up to Target.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

"To inhale deeply, and a little louder than necessary, declare, "I love the smell of wood in the morning!"

I am a woman too, and I absolutely love the smell of cedar, ummm ummm mmmmm. Just love it.
I love the wood aisle too.

Maybe I got too excited about it one time. A very very old Home Depot worker came up to me to tell me he had big diamonds (umm OK) and hundreds of acres of old growth wood in Kentucky. My husband was cracking up at the end of the aisle while this old fella was trying to I think pick me up. I guess he was trying to snag a woman with diamonds and wood. It was so bizarre I really wondered if I was on candid camera or something.

Lmfao, I've never had that happen, but the woman in charge of tools in HD laid it on thick once with my husband. He's like, "Um...my wife's right here..." and she keeps going, lol.

I'm banned from inquiring about wood screws and wood nails anywhere, though. Oh, and woodworking clamps. Apparently, I need get get my mind out of the gutter once in a while. Pfft, take all the fun out of it, why dontcha.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

and woodworking clamps

You dirty little bird!!!!!

Your Home depot lady was like the manager in this video!!! hahahah
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Heh, speaking of wood...

I freely admit I'm that woman who goes with her husband to one of those or the other at the butt crack of dawn for some urgently needed item, and pauses near the lumber department.

To inhale deeply, and a little louder than necessary, declare, "I love the smell of wood in the morning!"

Gets the AM staff within earshot laughing pretty easily, and turns my husband a lovely shade of red. Gets his ass moving a little quicker, too, lol.

Well, this thread took a turn..

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ace rules for me because of some of the old school niches, like bulk screws and nails sold by the pound, as well as being able to buy a single machine bolt or nut out of a drawer, instead of another 9 in a blister pack you do not need. Lowes and HD essentially always want you to buy more hardware than you need.

As far as wood, quality in HD does not seem to be as good as Lowes, however locations differ.
Flooring in Lowes is better laid out in my experience.
HD has better selections of paints in my experience.
Lowes is the new home for Craftsman, after separating from a dying Sears.... so this latest development is not good for that endeavor....

I live near Quincy, MA. and they are closing a big one there. It was my goto place. I can see why though, as it is on a busy main road with
difficult access, and there is an HD almost next to it with easy access.

edit on 6-11-2018 by charlyv because: c

top topics

<< 1   >>

join