It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowe's is closing 51 stores in the US and Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

I actually like Lowes a lot, but whoever decided where these stores go needs a bop to the head.
The only Lowes I am in decent driving distance to is literally next to the hood. Who is the rocket scientist that came up with that location?
Hmmm. Let's put this higher end home improvement store in a neighborhood that obviously doesn't believe in home improvement, yea, that's a good idea.

I can't stand Home Depot, but they have a knack to be placed in the right areas.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've found Lowes to be sloppy and disorganized and they few times I've had to make a purchase there it was botched but eventually handled to my satisfaction. Depot on the other hand was much easier to deal with and handled my kitchen remodel perfectly.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They tend to have some slick deals on plants Home Debit never does, but they're hardly everaround where they'd do me a lot of good.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Figures you'd be a Deep Homo fanboy.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

I actually like Lowes a lot, but whoever decided where these stores go needs a bop to the head.
The only Lowes I am in decent driving distance to is literally next to the hood. Who is the rocket scientist that came up with that location?
Hmmm. Let's put this higher end home improvement store in a neighborhood that obviously doesn't believe in home improvement, yea, that's a good idea.

I can't stand Home Depot, but they have a knack to be placed in the right areas.

I'd follow the link but my tablet refuses to open that site. What's the reason for closing?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well thankfully my local one is not. It's just another home Depot clone to me. Any one of them should fit the task if you building with material. I myself prefer the tools of Northern Tool. They are the go to for niche and specialty tools as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They literally just opened a store here . They put it directly across the street from Home Depot.

Now on that corner theres is a Lowes a HD a CVS and a Walgreens

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The difference between Home Depot and Lowes is very slight. One is orange and the other is blue. That's the biggest difference. I've cross-shopped them many times and they both carry the same stuff.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The difference between Home Depot and Lowes is very slight. One is orange and the other is blue. That's the biggest difference. I've cross-shopped them many times and they both carry the same stuff.

Orange and blue! Sounds like politics

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Lowes is home depot for women, someone once told me. The service trucks go to the depot on the weekends- one of the most basic forms of follow the money.

Fixing the heat on a Sunday? Home depot is your best bet for getting the parts you need.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Meh, ACE is the place with the helpful hardware man and they allow doggies! Lowes and Home Despot are sissified boutique shops ... and darnit, Sears is great, too ...*rolls teeth around mouth*

and you, soy boy, get off my lawn!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My experience echos this

Lowes has been mediocre at best, while Home Depot always comes through with what you need. I was even able to get a few much needed Dewalt tools on fathers day (buy one get one up to the same value free)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'd follow the link but my tablet refuses to open that site. What's the reason for closing?

"Lowe's said Monday that those locations are underperforming and the decision will help the hardware chain focus on its most profitable stores.
"The store closures are a necessary step in our strategic reassessment as we focus on building a stronger business," said CEO Marvin Ellison, in a statement."

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Save big money at Menards!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't stand Menards.

Mr. Menard was quite the freak too. Interesting read if you have time:
urbanmilwaukee.com...

Hilbert’s suit says Menard told Tomisue that he no longer liked working and was tired of pleasing his customers, and wanted to live his life fully and fulfill his sexual urges.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Menards is pretty awesome, my husband calls it the Toys'R'Us for adults. It's kinda hard to walk out disappointed, they've got pretty much everything you can think of, and a bunch more you wouldn't have. The tools leave more than a little to be desired (HD rules for the tools) but otherwise, not a bad place for the supplies and odds & ends.

And I discovered them in Florida. Online, not in person. Bought a kick-ass set of stained glass lamp shades from them to replace a set of stone shades that broke. They look like something out of an old-school parlor room, my bedroom lamps are boss

edit on 11/5/2018 by Nyiah because: Spelling, I can do it. Derp.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Can't stand Menards.

urbanmilwaukee.com...

Hilbert’s suit says Menard told Tomisue that he no longer liked working and was tired of pleasing his customers, and wanted to live his life fully and fulfill his sexual urges.

Damn, ok, I like Menards considerably less than I did 5 minutes ago. That's some serious bulls# right there.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Can't stand Menards.

urbanmilwaukee.com...

Wow. Nice find.

Chalk that up as something I was not expecting to learn today.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Them and Home Depot are always across the street from each other. WHY?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Amazon putting Lowe's out of business

top topics

<<   2 >>

join