It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired US General Says War With China Likely in 15 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I read about this 12 hours ago and haven't seen it here so I think I'll post it.

Despite shifting geopolitical priorities, Hodges said the U.S. commitment to NATO remains "unshakable." He said he is certain the Trump administration views Europe's security as a key U.S. interest even though President Donald Trump has sometimes questioned the Western military alliance's usefulness.

www.nytimes.com...

China Vs. USA

I think we've all been vying for it, in our heads.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KingJames

I think the new era of warfare is mainly economic and proxy wars.

A full scale conventional war between super powers would devistate both parties and the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
We got other to worry about.....the nation's are perplexed...for sure....I've read that somewhere recently

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree, I think it's time to say bon voyage to economic warfare and Hello to 'hit the f'#ng dirt' cause I think I see a nuke headed our way, just my opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Every general says things like this.
The only thing that changes is the name of the dangerous country.
That's how generals justify their existence.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

There are two way's of looking at this, if a war is inevitable then the US should strike first, fast without waiting any longer and very hard indeed.
OR if they leave it then even with it's might the US will face the hardest war they have ever fought simply because China has so much available man power, so much territory and so many redundancy's in place that by then a complete swift victory and indeed a victory of any kind may then be impossible.

China backed down and was brought to the negotiating table during the Opium war's when the west to our shame was the world's drug dealer but it was martial superiority and superior weapon technology which over powered them.
When Japan invaded it was a similar tale of being technological inferior.

But today guess who makes all the world's consumer and half the world's military component's and technology's thank's to idiot western government's allowing there corporation's to invest in this communist regime.

Of course let's hope it does not come to a war but if it is inevitable the longer it is left the harder such a war will be to win and of course China is nuclear armed and is now friend's with Russia so it's missiles are now pointed toward America and it's allies as well as India.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lets hope the next D.C. isn't US.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

There are two way's of looking at this, if a war is inevitable then the US should strike first, fast without waiting any longer and very hard indeed.
OR if they leave it then even with it's might the US will face the hardest war they have ever fought simply because China has so much available man power, so much territory and so many redundancy's in place that by then a complete swift victory and indeed a victory of any kind may then be impossible.

China backed down and was brought to the negotiating table during the Opium war's when the west to our shame was the world's drug dealer but it was martial superiority and superior weapon technology which over powered them.
When Japan invaded it was a similar tale of being technological inferior.

But today guess who makes all the world's consumer and half the world's military component's and technology's thank's to idiot western government's allowing there corporation's to invest in this communist regime.

Of course let's hope it does not come to a war but if it is inevitable the longer it is left the harder such a war will be to win and of course China is nuclear armed and is now friend's with Russia so it's missiles are now pointed toward America and it's allies as well as India.

I think the US will strike first. Just my opinion.

The Chinese and The US will engulf in battle, and, it will be equivalent to the end time scenario as told in the bible. We have 16 years.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Quite possible, any such war if not cut short by both party's would escalate very fast into a full global nuclear war.

Let's hope he is wrong but given China's militant expansionism, the US own stance and ties to it's allies in Asia whom Japan is now encroaching upon and Russia's involvement with it's diametrically opposed interests to the US since the sanctions have forced them to look east for there trade it is more than likely that some form of conflict is inevitable, still those artificial island's the Chinese are building will be knocked completely out in the first few day's of the conflict even if it does not go nuclear but so too would the US lose many of it's assets as the Chinese navy is growing very fast and they have the eventual goal of matching the US naval assets.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
We got other to worry about.....the nation's are perplexed...for sure....I've read that somewhere recently

I would'nt put much credence in that. I think the worry we need to be focusing on is the one in our faces, the formidable beloved ghost we don't see, making our decisions and taking our hard earned money.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Quite possible, any such war if not cut short by both party's would escalate very fast into a full global nuclear war.

Let's hope he is wrong but given China's militant expansionism, the US own stance and ties to it's allies in Asia whom Japan is now encroaching upon and Russia's involvement with it's diametrically opposed interests to the US since the sanctions have forced them to look east for there trade it is more than likely that some form of conflict is inevitable, still those artificial island's the Chinese are building will be knocked completely out in the first few day's of the conflict even if it does not go nuclear but so too would the US lose many of it's assets as the Chinese navy is growing very fast and they have the eventual goal of matching the US naval assets.

I for one, hope he's wrong. I think we're all aware of where Nuclear War Ends.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

When all you've got is a hammer...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 31-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If his retired General actually thinks this then it is a good thing he retired. The world can’t afford idiots like this that want to end the world with some stupid war.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If his retired General actually thinks this then it is a good thing he retired. The world can’t afford idiots like this that want to end the world with some stupid war.

I agree. It's unfortunate we live in a world where Idiots run it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Dude I've been saying it for years, China and Russia will take down the United states. I've seen it in my visions, meanwhile everyone is like nah it will never happen. Well you know what, when it goes, down you can wait to say I was right while you kiss yourself goodbye.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: LABTECH767

Dude I've been saying it for years, China and Russia will take down the United states. I've seen it in my visions, meanwhile everyone is like nah it will never happen. Well you know what, when it goes, down you can wait to say I was right while you kiss yourself goodbye.

Dude. It will happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I said the same thing ten years ago. And I still think it will happen. China will eventually make a grab for Taiwan as they are now preparing to grab the entire South China Sea.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you put 10 pissed off Chinese dudes into a room with 10 pissed off Anglo Saxons, what do you get?

20 pissed off Dudes ready to tear each other to shreds.

Add 10 years to that and it = World War III

China rules the Art of War.
America rules Everything Else.

China is one proud mofo of a Country, they don't like foreigners and they hate religion. Just try moving your religious ass there, good luck ...

2023 Is the mark.
edit on 31-10-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

American generals to be exact. I don't see German or French or Russian or Chinese generals giving theoretical time frames for war.

... And We're the good guys...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join