It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired US General Says War With China Likely in 15 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are no profit in WW3.. everything and everyone looses.
Therefor I do not believe it will ever come to that, and if it does.. we does not deserve this planet anyway

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KingJames

Just rhetoric, the only way China and Russia would take that fight would be a nuke strike and that would lead to the end of everything.

Neither nation has limited capability for force projection to our part of the world and would need a massive upgrade in a very short period of time to pull it off, which would limit training with it.

Also they are already winning through other means, so why take the risk of ending life as we know it in a war.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There are no profit in WW3.. everything and everyone looses.
Therefor I do not believe it will ever come to that, and if it does.. we does not deserve this planet anyway

What does a Man with everything want? More, even if it means less for us.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The end of the world will begin when some rogue group detonates the first nuclear bomb in a 1st world country. The chain reaction that follows will do us in.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Just rhetoric, the only way China and Russia would take that fight would be a nuke strike and that would lead to the end of everything.

Neither nation has limited capability for force projection to our part of the world and would need a massive upgrade in a very short period of time to pull it off, which would limit training with it.

Also they are already winning through other means, so why take the risk of ending life as we know it in a war.

If Russia took China's side, USA would be royally f'd along with most other Western Countries. Russia claimed a few years ago that they had the ability to nuke a city without destroying it. That's a concern.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
China has many ways of beating America lol they dont have to do in a actual war these War monger generals are very foolish and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
China has many ways of beating America lol they dont have to do in a actual war these War monger generals are very foolish and dangerous.

Of course, China owns parts of the USA already. The art of war.
edit on 31-10-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Unless they have the means to track every sub we have and do a world wide coordinated strike to take them out while hitting the us, we have enough nukes on the sea floor to wipe life from the earth.

They would both have to take control of the oceans, which they are still a good ways away from being able to do.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

China and Russia don't have to take down the United States. We're taking ourselves down for them. They'll only step in to clean up the mess.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It's coming I think. We created a monster and we don't have the stomach to do what it takes from devouring us.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

NY Times publishes crazy war mongering articles all the time. Is there any war ever, real or imagined, they did not try to push us into?

I am going to copy the same post I posted here.

My take on China:
"Right now they seem to be seeking to control sea lanes in their own area, the South China Sea. This will extend to cover all their sphere of influence - Indochina down to Australia. After that, they are pushing west not east. They look to the US for money and technology; they might buy some companies here.

What they have said is that they want to modernize the silk road trade routes. They are getting control over their western provinces (largely Islamic) and building train tracks and roads. At the same time they wish to reestablish the silk road sea routes.

They are trying to develop third world trade to India and even Africa. Bear in mind they are a BRICS country. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa will all be major trade partners with their own currency meant to supplant the US dollar in that part of the world. Add all of this together; it comes out to another Mongolian empire even larger than Genghis Khan's. Genghis Khan's empire was all about controlling the silk road.

There is no military invasion planned for the US. Tartaria did control Alaska down into California and also had a fort in Hawaii but I don't see them going this way. They might eventually seek to dominate places like the Philippines but they have their hands full right now."

Why would they invade Taiwan? They basically already have it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just send Russell Crowe over to kick their ass.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just send Russell Crowe over to kick their ass.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No kidding. I guess China better cash in on their 1.2 trillion us treasury bonds soon.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I forget but I heard China polluted most of their water and will mostly run out by 2030. Water would be another reason to start a war.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

There are two way's of looking at this, if a war is inevitable then the US should strike first, fast without waiting any longer and very hard indeed. OR if they leave it then even with it's might the US will face the hardest war they have ever fought simply because China has so much available man power, so much territory and so many redundancy's in place that by then a complete swift victory and indeed a victory of any kind may then be impossible.

Sounds like Operation Barbarossa.

The US might be able to take China to a draw, but they need to be under no delusion how spectacularly costly this would be. The worst-case estimates are probably closest to reality.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Give China ten more years and the Tables are turned.

Operation Barbarossa is a good analogy, the evil Nazi war machine was trying to push Hitlers plan of taking over the soviet territory while at the same time murdering as many Slavic people as they could.

While I hate the NAZI's (both then and now - Latvia, Ukraine etc) historically the NAZI's had won and only had to consolidate there hold over the Russian's oil field but Hitler wanted to push on, he actually believed a lightning war against the massive territory of Russia would succeed but in fact the German's simply did not have the man power or the resources to succeed, had he followed his general's advice though it would have likely been another matter, the other reason he failed is that he never pushed ahead with operation sea lion (the invasion of Britain) and so we were able to stick a very long British dagger into his side, keep him off balance and via the north Atlantic convoy's supply Russia with the resources it had need of to get back onto it's feet.

History is peculiar in this respect both the German's and the Russians were committing atrocity's in the east (the German's also in the West), the Russians were mass murdering and burying people in trenches in the 20's and 30's after Stalin perverted there governance away from what Lenin had envisaged and in fact before the second world war the NAZI's had friendly observers watching how the soviet's disposed of there 'Dissident's', they then tried it themselves but realized that machine gunning unarmed captives into trenches was not cost effective using too many bullet's and too much man power (as well as traumatizing some of there own soldiers whom had been forced to machine gun civilian's even though they kept them high on methamphetamine) so created first the death van's then the death camp's.

Meanwhile today it is the Chines whom are herding Uighur into concentration camp's, forcibly taking there body part's for transplants for members of the communist party AND those whom will pay for the organ's and ethnically cleansing Tibet and other provinces of non HAN people's.

While in the west we have plenty of resurgent Nazi's crawling out from the crack's they usually hide in like the vile cockroaches they always have been.

Actually your point may be more pertinent than I initially thought.

edit on 31-10-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think the new era of warfare is mainly economic and proxy wars.

A full scale conventional war between super powers would devistate both parties and the world.

Superpowers, plural? If you consider the United States a superpower then there is only one superpower on the planet. The United States is in a category all by itself.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If we ever went to war with China then lobbyists, pro trade and high level special interests should be on the front lines that helped build them up.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The countries rely on each other too much for a full on war. China needs to export to us. And us needs cheap Chinese goods. Proxy wars possible. India /china,pakistan war possible. .... Unless china builds up its military air transport fleet and naval transport. They will be only a local threat to its neighbors. But could counteract that by using civilan transport and ships....but there strategy is to use the new stealth interceptor to take out us tanker fleet in the event of war. So they can limit are fighting capability.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join