It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish leaders tell Trump he's not welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It's pretty sad that these people are trying to somehow blame Trump for the act of a deranged individual. Their suffering is no excuse to place blame where it doesn't belong.

Why is this not Trumps fault?

How is it Trump's fault?

You got some German guilt there Hombre?

You projecting on the Orange Man?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It's pretty sad that these people are trying to somehow blame Trump for the act of a deranged individual. Their suffering is no excuse to place blame where it doesn't belong.

How is it?

He’s a large supporter of the Israel and Jewish people....

Even the shooter said that about Trump.

You can both not support trump nor irrelevant policies, and not engage in hyperbole about all this.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
No, Israel as a government and military has treated the Palestinians horribly. It’s not good nor moral to turn a blind eye to this.

Just look at a map of Israeli takeover of Palestinian land from the 1940’s until now. Incontrovertible. Countless illegal settlements. Bulldozing homes. Shooting kids and protesters. Bombing schools and hospitals. Violating numerous UN resolutions.

There is nothing moral about supporting this. There is nothing anti Semitic about criticizing it.

Yep. Israel has a very shady past that I will never try to justify but the way the Jewish people have been treated over the millennia, they're bound to be pretty pissed.

Again, I'm not defending their actions but I think they take the term "Never Again" pretty seriously.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Is this the kind of crap that has convinced you Trump has a problem with Jews?

"by hiring and embracing figures who actively promote a hyper-nationalist, racist and discriminatory agenda for the United States"

Why doesn't this article mention names? Who get's to determine what is hyper-nationalist and discriminatory? That is pure propaganda.

"In his first month in office Trump again sparked scandal when the White House left out any mention of Jews while marking Holocuast Remembrance Day"

Really? Don't you think Jews being unfairly persecuted is kind of implied by mentioning Holocuast Remberance day? This is an insane criticism.

"despite the fact that Trump never used the word “anti-Semitism.”

What the hell does that prove? Seriously do you not see how stupid this is - They could also say he did not bother disavowing Hitler, He did not say Jews are still being persecuted, etc etc. If something is left out all the writer has to do is mention that and somehow that makes Trump Anti-Jewish? HUH?

"Those villains were Hillary Clinton, George Soros (financier and philanthropist), Janet Yellen (then Fed Chair) and Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman Sachs CEO). Three out of the four are Jewish."

This is evidence? Seriously? So if he had named three catholics he would be anti-catholic? What does someone's religion have to with if they are criminal, have committed immoral actions, or don't have the common mans welfare in mind? Absolutely nothing.

Seriously look at what is posted here - this is the best evidence that you can come up with?
edit on 29-10-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

not every critic of Israel is anti-Semitic.

But all anti-Semites are critical of Israel.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

No, Israel as a government and military has treated the Palestinians horribly. It’s not good nor moral to turn a blind eye to this.

Just look at a map of Israeli takeover of Palestinian land from the 1940’s until now. Incontrovertible. Countless illegal settlements. Bulldozing homes. Shooting kids and protesters. Bombing schools and hospitals. Violating numerous UN resolutions.

There is nothing moral about supporting this. There is nothing anti Semitic about criticizing it.

Yep. Israel has a very shady past that I will never try to justify but the way the Jewish people have been treated over the millennia, they're bound to pretty pissed.

Again, I'm not defending their actions but I think they take the term "Never Again" pretty seriously.

Yes but that is a conflation of two things. It is anti Semitic to stereotype or attack all Jews worldwide. They represent a range of beliefs, behaviors, nationalities, etc. I have dear friends who are Jewish.

However, criticizing a government and military for their actions, which many Jewish people including Israelis disagree with, is NOT anti semitism.

Yes Jewish people should be horrified by some guy shooting up a synagogue, and that is wrong and horrible. But again, that does not mean Israel is off the hook.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

not every critic of Israel is anti-Semitic.

But all anti-Semites are critical of Israel.

Still is a manipulative tactic to make people not question Israel as a country and military. By the same logic, criticizing the Chinese government is racist against all Chinese. To criticize the Venezuelan government is racist against Latinos. To criticize muh Russia is bigoted against all Slavic people, etc.

It takes one drop of critical thinking to get how absurd it all is.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The facts of this story are pretty simple:

Eleven members of a group made a statement (not sure on who's behalf other than their own thoughts) which they have every right to do. They expressed how they felt.

On the other hand, the Rabbi of the Tree of Life Synagogue himself said as quoted by multiple outlets including this NBC article here saying that "it would be my honor to always meet a president of the United States."

I'll go with the guy who actually heads the affected congregation to be the spokesman of the victims and their families as opposed to a political group. But hey, to each their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yep. Israel has a very shady past that I will never try to justify but the way the Jewish people have been treated over the millennia, they're bound to pretty pissed.

Yes but that is a conflation of two things. It is anti Semitic to stereotype or attack all Jews worldwide. They represent a range of beliefs, behaviors, nationalities, etc. I have dear friends who are Jewish.

However, criticizing a government and military for their actions, which many Jewish people including Israelis disagree with, is NOT anti semitism.

Yes Jewish people should be horrified by some guy shooting up a synagogue, and that is wrong and horrible. But again, that does not mean Israel is off the hook.

Yes, I should have specified the Israeli government. I didn't mean all Jews are paranoid and over defensive. Just want to clear that up.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes, I should have specified the Israeli government. I didn't mean all Jews are paranoid and over defensive. Just want to clear that up.
Fair enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

How is it Trump's fault?

That is not an answer, "hombre".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sure it does, completely unironic.
And that is not the couragous part of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

How is it Trump's fault?

That is not an answer, "hombre".
It’s upon you and the media to prove your accusation, not for us nor Trump to prove he didn’t cause it. That’s how it works...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

All this tells me is that they haven't been paying attention if they think that Trump hasn't spoken out against racists and extremist violence and white nationalists--and is at all an anti-Semite of any sort.

These leaders are being emotional right now--and I get it--but I bet that at the end of the day, they may realize how crazy they sound.

And no offense to these Jewish leaders, but they don't control what the president does or where he goes. The hubris that comes with demands like that is unfortunate.

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I never got the feeling the Jewish community liked Trump before this; so, I guess I am not surprised they don't like him now either. *shrug*

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

The shooters tweets say otherwise.

edit on 29 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

AND-------
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good to know I'm not everyone.

Hate Israel? No. Have issues with some policies and actions, yes. I'll leave the hatred of a group of people to people who can't see past their own interests.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join