It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish leaders tell Trump he's not welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

“Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted,” the group wrote. “You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country.”

“The Torah teaches that every human being is made b’tzelem Elohim, in the image of God. This means all of us,” the leaders wrote. “In our neighbors, Americans, and people worldwide who have reached out to give our community strength, there we find the image of God.”

thehill.com
Letter to Trump

This is yuge! I did not expect the Jewish community to turn against Trump so quickly, especially since he seemed to have good ties and business relations. Now he is banned from Pittsburgh (symbolically at least) until he denounces his ways! (tough chance)

I know this website is generally anti-Israel and pro-Trump so I know how this thread will go, but regardless, this is an enormous momentum shift for our country.

Don't underestimate "Never again!"

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Who is anti Israel?

What has Trump ssid that was anti-Israel?
edit on 28-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

+64 more 
link   
Give me a break.

The shooter was anti-Trump.

Edit:

So Trump, the guy who recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and ordered the embassy moved there, is an anti-Jewish "White Nationalist" (whatever the F that means)?

Whatever you say liberals. Whatever you say.

#walkaway
edit on 28 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
link   
Why should he denounce something he has never stood for? He stands for nationism yes. White nationalism(they really mean to say white supremacy here) Which is somthing he has never supported.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

“Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted,” the group wrote. “You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country.”

“The Torah teaches that every human being is made b’tzelem Elohim, in the image of God. This means all of us,” the leaders wrote. “In our neighbors, Americans, and people worldwide who have reached out to give our community strength, there we find the image of God.”

thehill.com
Letter to Trump

This is yuge! I did not expect the Jewish community to turn against Trump so quickly, especially since he seemed to have good ties and business relations. Now he is banned from Pittsburgh (symbolically at least) until he denounces his ways! (tough chance)

I know this website is generally anti-Israel and pro-Trump so I know how this thread will go, but regardless, this is an enormous momentum shift for our country.

Don't underestimate "Never again!"

Yeah... also ignore his son in law is Jewish.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry, did I miss some history lesson about Jewish rule over the city of Pittsburgh?

This makes sense if you're talking Pittsburgh, Israel.

But if you're talking about Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States of America. I'm pretty sure Donald Trump is Chief of State, for that particular location, and can't be "banned" from it.

This is smoke and hot gas.

I would think they might understand the backlash that would happen, from hostile action against the President of The United States, by the Jewish community. I don't care if the president is Obama, Trump, Nixon, or Carter.

A hostile action against my nation's leader, is a hostile action against a person chosen to lead and represent, ME. America was a sleeping giant once, and we went back to sleep. People really shouldn't ruin our cat nap.
edit on 28-10-2018 by Archivalist because: Wording

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Maybe kind like when Muslims have to denounce terrorism even though its something they never stood for.

+4 more 
link   
Not the first act of terror TRUMP has INCITED against a minority group???
I know these people are stunned and heartbroken over this despicable attack, but they are obviously not thinking clearly if this is their statement and stance.

+24 more 
link   
Trump considers himself a nationalist because he wants to put America and it's people first. He is not a White Nationalist. Trump wants all Americans to be first, since we are the taxpayers and are responsible for upkeep of the country and the debt that our country incurs.

I do not know who brainwashed those people to believe that Trump is targeting citizens or resident aliens of our country. America has to take care of our people first, handing out money to other nations to buy the friendship of their leaders is not that great of a practice, they are fair weather friends, as soon as you stop giving them money they are against you. Plus, they do not really listen to us anyway, as soon as we turn our back they are back at it again. They are sovereign nations, that is their right, but why do we have to keep giving them money?

+24 more 
link   

Wow this is YUGE!!!!

A whole whopping ELEVEN Jews turned on Trump!

Read the letter...that's how many signed it.

+4 more 
link   

It's a free country and he is the President. They can piss off! More morons that follow the PC crowds made up definition of nationalism.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

+11 more 
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Not the first act of terror TRUMP has INCITED against a minority group???
I know these people are stunned and heartbroken over this despicable attack, but they are obviously not thinking clearly if this is their statement and stance.

Oh they are thinking clearly! They know exactly what they are doing! Playing politics on the graves of murder victims.

+36 more 
link   
First of all there are NO Jewish leaders saying this.

It's a crack head far left liberal group called Bend The Arc.

They call themselves " The Jewish resistance".

They are not associated with any temples or Jewish leadership at all.

Anybody can just say anything these days.
edit on 28-10-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
the guy wasn't a white nationalist that's completely idiotic

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah, huge, I thought that the Muslims and Jewish people were not supposed to side with Gays and transvestites if they follow the Torah. Gee, this kind of tells me I do not really know much about Jewish and Muslim cultures.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Anybody can just say anything these days.

and anybody will believe them

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm sure he gives a symbolic damn, about their symbolic ban.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Trump isnt a "White Nationalist".

Hes a nationalist who happens to be white.

The MSM would have u believe there is no difference.

I consider him more of a Patriot which is fine by me.

He already kowtows to Isreal. What more do they want?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump considers himself a nationalist because he wants to put America and it's people first. He is not a White Nationalist. Trump wants all Americans to be first, since we are the taxpayers and are responsible for upkeep of the country and the debt that our country incurs.

I do not know who brainwashed those people to believe that Trump is targeting citizens or resident aliens of our country. America has to take care of our people first, handing out money to other nations to buy the friendship of their leaders is not that great of a practice, they are fair weather friends, as soon as you stop giving them money they are against you. Plus, they do not really listen to us anyway, as soon as we turn our back they are back at it again. They are sovereign nations, that is their right, but why do we have to keep giving them money?

Common sense is common sense.

Come on folks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join