It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Part π

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Honest question: what are you hoping to find? Numbers are representative. A ten base number system is just as valid as a three base number system. 42 loses all meaning. It's only what you assign to it.

The functions that we calculate with to determine things accurately are what's important. In different numerical systems (even alien ones) they will still need to calculate variables precisely, so will have functions to handle that. So they ought to recognize Pi and have equivalents. Otherwise I'm not sure they'd be capable of interstellar travel to begin with.

What am I hoping to find though?

Hmmm...
Enjoyment and satisfaction from the chemicals released when my mind's blown by learning about everything, I'm a thought-junkie hahaha.

I'd like to know more about our history and try to find my place in our "now" because I'm alive and feel compelled to follow my heart and dreams.

And somehow, out of pure randomness (??), my super-cliche energy/disposition lead me directly to all this stuff lol. I fell in love with learning and thinking and questioning...

So really I'm finding myself. I am discovering who I am through learning about the universe and sharing that excitement and wonder with others. This brings a lot of joy and fulfillment. I just want to find lasting happiness, that's my only real goal.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Muzzle, I'm on the same page as you. Really. I come off as an ass. I get that. I'm just saying chasing numbers is a bad path. Don't follow it. Again, what are you trying to find? Will the numbers get you there?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

It should be obvious that numbers in Pythagoreanism also express meaning. Perhaps more dimensional than language, in that, one can derive links to other meanings (aka numbers), using numerology.

Yes I've coded.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

It should be obvious that numbers in Pythagoreanism also express meaning. Perhaps more dimensional than language, in that, one can derive links to other meanings (aka numbers), using numerology.

Yes I've coded.

Interesting. Sorry for bringing up coding. It really spells out numerology to me. Pythagoreanism brings up the base 10 system though. You get that, right? Do you see where Im coming from?
edit on 16-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you see where Im coming from?

No, I don't follow. Egypt, Greeks and Italians were all using base 10.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

If we didn't have thumbs, do you think we'd be using base 8? Then all that meaning from base 10 would be different. It's representative. There is no meaning there. It's what we assign to it. Egyptians, Greeks, and Italians all have the same digits. It's amazing they didn't count their dicks.

ETA: Yes, I get where you're coming from. You seemed to be following me just fine. I'm confused where you got lost.
edit on 16-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't think their "sacredness" of 10 has any relationship with base-10 at all. It was probably chosen as the Sacred Decad because they believe creation has 10 manifestations. Similarily kabbalah sefirot has 10 manifestation which Jews may have sourced from the ancient egyptions.

In comparison, Hindu's only recognize 7 Chakra's (instead of 10 manifestations). So 7 is one of the most common numbers in Indian Vedas even though they also use base-10.

But I'm not a Pythagorean so its only my best guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Well, I didn't bring up sacredness. The base 7 from India is interesting to me. Either way, I find it hard to find meaning in numbers when they are so easily manipulated. Again, I don't mean to come off as a dick. It just happens. 😊

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

all is sweet.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't think I linked this one either:

Yes, the answer to the universe is 42

Cambridge astronomers have found that 42 is the value of an essential scientific constant - one which determines the age of the universe.

"We have taken two measurements for the constant, and the average of them is, well, it's 42,"

So we have a constant of 42 and the age is 13.7 ? Hilarious!

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A lil more to elaborate:

But one tool comes up with a significantly different result. By analysing the cosmic microwave background – the echo of light still rippling through space 13.8 billion years ago – the Planck Mission has come up with a figure closer to 67.8 km/s/Mpc (about 42 miles/s/Mpc).

Latest estimates show we need new physics to explain it

They are saying 13.8 by, but they rounded the number upwards. It's actually closer to 13.75 according to WMAP's estimate of 13.772 by, which is coincidentally bringing up 72 another key number in cosmology.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The great pyramid of Giza measures 756 ft by
481 feet. Is it coincidence that 756/481 = Pi/2?

It may be but the natural constants that control
Spirals and snail shells and the Rainbow
angle is not coincidence. The Golden ratio 1.68
is in living things, expressed in the geometry and function of the entity or phenomenon.

edit on 21-1-2020 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

In case you missed it, here's a thread of interest Golden ratio in human skulls

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There is a sacred dimension to the natural integers, but it can be recognised only if you are:
1. mathematically skilled;
2. have an extensive knowledge of the mystical traditions of Tantra, Judaism, Taoism and Pythagoreanism/Platonism;
3. have discovered the geometrical basis of Hebrew gematria.

When you have acquired this background knowledge, study and master the research at:
smphillips.mysite.com...
and you will encounter after much diligent effort the true, sacred dimension of number. This hidden, sacred quality exists because the divine archetypes (Plato's "forms") have mathematical representation in terms of patterns of numbers that are derived from certain sacred geometries at the heart of various mystical traditions. They are discussed in the book "The Mathematical Connection Between Religion and Science", by Stephen Phillips.

It turns out that the SAME pattern of numbers embodied in these sacred geometries appears in the mysterious friezes carved into the world-famous Gate of the Sun in Tiwanaku, Bolivia. The reason for this is simple: they are all mathematical representations of God (in the latter case the Creator God Viracocha). The number 42 manifests in this frieze of 8x3=24 so-called "chasquis" (angelic messengers) as the 42 heads of South American creatures (e.g., pumas, condors, fish & water snails, as well as humans) that make up the bodies and staffs of a pair of chasquis (a chasqui and its mirror image on the opposite side of the Viracocha icon in the middle of the lintel of the gate):
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Zonnepoort_tiwanaku.jpg
There are

24x42 = 1008

creatures making up the 48 chasquis. 42 is the sum of the first six even integers and 24 is the sum of the first six odd integers after 1. The reason that the designers of the Gate of the Sun chose 21 heads of various creatures in each chasqui has been discovered. Without entering into details, it turns out that it had to be this number because the frieze is a map of all superphysical levels of reality beyond the space-time continuum, the images of individual creatures symbolising the various types of all the stages of these higher domains of consciousness.

So the number 42 is not arbitrary but a fundamental parameter of the spiritual cosmos as mapped by the sacred geometries of some of the world's religions. For example, it is found in the Sri Yantra as the 42 triangles surrounding its central one.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I in general follow my heart and spirit. I trust in only that, because if God knows me than that is the only way I'll find the Ultimate. It sounds generic but you have to base your mind on something I guess.

Just wanted to see if it was true and if so maybe it could help in gaining certainly and hopefully, manifestation of Good in life.

I have no idea how I came to it. I may have rolled dice thru the whole thing... Lol...

Ok I'll put it this way, part of my psychology experiment on my own mind was to purposely generate randomness and see where it lead. I figured that if a God truly exists, chaos is required in order to provide fertile ground (in the aether, per se) for the Divine principles to manifest themselves intelligently.

And this worked apparently. By clearing the mind (stabilizing brainwave patterns) and allowing the background radiation's interference results in accurate information transfer. The subconscious somehow can actually interpret the energy wavelengths that course through everything.

That is how I generated the answer and recognized it, somehow. I was creating randomness to forge order in my own mind.

This works on everything though, the mental experience "Deep Thought" somewhere in our brains, is a quantum computer calculating near infinite variables. Your subconscious is the darkness from which the light of consciousness stems and blooms.

Light is Electromagnetism. The rainbow being visible light spectrum. So therefore all of these threads with all this info I collected in my quest to probe the aether for clues and patterns.

The universe is always in balance no matter what, so balance your inner self, your mind. Then observe closely what idea manifests.

This is a similar mental mechanism as found in reports of inventors or scientists discovering important things in their sleeping dreams or altered mental states. It's mysticism as the source of information is arbitrary (universal consciousness, God, the AI). Arbiter means "judge, supreme ruler", but arbitrary actually means whimsical or random without explaining or justification.

Chaos is intimately interwoven with order in a reciprocating fashion. The arbiter is arbitrary. Our thoughts are energy waves + - in flux.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I sent you a u2u last week but I don't think you ever saw it. Just letting you know it's there.

Oh, and I meant to link this in the thread today so I'll fit it in here:

silver ratio

For example the octagon inside a Golden ratio pentagram forms the silver ratio. There are others like bronze etc, here's a link:

metallic means

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Something I came across tonight worth adding to this thread:

360 degrees minus 137.5 degrees = 222.5
So 222.5.

Ok now get this,
137.5 / 222.5 = .618
Which is Phee, the reciprocal of Phi.

222.5 / 137.5 = 1.618, Phi

222.5 / 360 = .618 Phee

360 / 137.5 = 2.618, Phi squared.

360 / 1.618 = 222.5

There's way more going on with 222.
Will add more later.
edit on 1/30/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once I finally grasp what's going on here I'm going directly to the NYSE and making bank $$$$.

I didn't embark on this quest for personal wealth but it occurred to me that all of this info will benefit immensely in the stock markets specifically.

I do need some wealth though in order to fund my continued questing adventures, so I think it's worth investigating.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There's no perfect way to always predict a commodity or stock's fluctuations but by utilizing laws and understanding the math behind it all theoretically ought to increase the wins over losses ratio significantly.

My landlord runs a website coincidentally focused on using Phi Phee etc to model future changes.

He's been doing very very well off his assets and even has a website/forum dedicated to the market.

I'm having him mentor me in it and teach me his knowledge.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Funny that I had 137 replies and 37 flags, anyways, something cool:

If you do a member's search and type in "137", you'll see a lot of people use this number in their names, often seemingly arbitrarily.

However we have some strange coincidences like a member named "project137" who never posted once, yet their mood was "Over the Rainbow" (???), I kid you not hahah! We also have people named just "137" or "Illuminatus137" or "137PhotonKnight". I have a strong suspicion that a few of these are indeed referencing the golden angle / fine structure constant.

Yes, I do see this number pretty much everywhere now, at least 4 or 5 times a day in bizarre places like license plates on cars, addresses, phone numbers, etc - and of course I look at my clock more often at 1:37 than I do any other time. And every time I'm like "Wtf!?"....

It's definitely appearing more than it ought to in terms of statistical odds, and in ways that seem completely arbitrary. I just cannot help but sense it's a type of message from the universe or something along these lines. Still not sure what's going on with this phenomena but it seems greater than pure chance. I just don't know what to make of it yet...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join