It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: pointessa

a reply to: pointessa

I contributed, I did what you asked for - I gave you an answer to your OP.

What more do you want? I'm happy to converse.

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

I absolutely love that you blame me for your lack of absorption of your own thread.
My super negativity threw you off course so much you just couldn't take in any information.

That proves cognitive dissonance if ever I have seen it. My negativity is a criticism of your approach. That's how these things work.

Here it is, so you don't get lost flicking back a few pages:

BS but for your gaul I'll give you a star.

But the answer is so obvious that it's pointless asking the question, unless you're baiting.

Liberals will suggest that the migrants be welcomed into a 'unit', or a holding area which contains adequate welfare.

Then depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will likely suggest a vetting of health, family relations and then skills.

Again, depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will then offer a system to offer benefits, educate and re-home.

What else do you expect? You listen to this crap on MSM all day. You read it all day on here.... What are you actually expecting?

TPTB have won. Evidence of this is the numerous topics on ATS illustrating RIGHT vs LEFT.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but YOU didn't answer. You stated what you believe other liberals would say. I see a lot of 'they' but no "I".

What is YOUR solution?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

I absolutely love that you blame me for your lack of absorption of your own thread.
My super negativity threw you off course so much you just couldn't take in any information.

That proves cognitive dissonance if ever I have seen it. My negativity is a criticism of your approach. That's how these things work.

But the answer is so obvious that it's pointless asking the question, unless you're baiting.

Liberals will suggest that the migrants be welcomed into a 'unit', or a holding area which contains adequate welfare.

Then depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will likely suggest a vetting of health, family relations and then skills.

Again, depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will then offer a system to offer benefits, educate and re-home.

What else do you expect? You listen to this crap on MSM all day. You read it all day on here.... What are you actually expecting?

TPTB have won. Evidence of this is the numerous topics on ATS illustrating RIGHT vs LEFT.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but YOU didn't answer. You stated what you believe other liberals would say. I see a lot of 'they' but no "I".

What is YOUR solution?

I'm not a liberal mate, I say block them off. Stop them now before they get closer. Give the suffering aid/food but block them off. Then go hard at their governments.

But the thread wants answers from liberals, the answers of which are obvious.

So you can take that fine point and shovel it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

What is YOUR solution?

I'm not a liberal mate, I say block them off. Stop them now before they get closer. Give the suffering aid/food but block them off. Then go hard at their governments.

But the thread wants answers from liberals, the answers of which are obvious.

So you can take that fine point and shovel it.

I must have been confused by your answer to the thread, and then you saying you answered the thread...

But apparently you didn't answer the thread because you are not a liberal. But you speak for them...a lot...

Enjoy your inarticulate ambiguity.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You really need to go back and read this torrid thread again.

I sometimes wonder what this place and the world in general has come to. I often wonder in fact.

Here we have a thread, which is based on the same premise as over 1000 threads on here. It reinforces a you vs me, black vs white, right vs wrong polarity. The whole aim of the thread being to bait the opposition into entering into a roundabout of nonsense, which itself only serves to distract the reader and participants away from truth.

You may not be aware that being 'right wing' or 'right leaning' doesn't mean I am not able to see arguments from other points of view. In fact, that is one of the main downfalls of society and most of the members here, a cognitive dissonance, a block within people's minds disallowing them the ability to think critically... almost autistic in their approach - They have this view that something either IS or either ISN'T.

By the looks of your reply and grasp of this thread you are suffering the same.

1) The thread is a baiter - simple as. This isbecasue anyone with half a cell knows what answers they will get from the OP question. The left alsio know what answers they will get back.

2) After pointing this out the OP disagreed. So I provided the stock answer which he/she will expect to receive from libs/left. I didn't answer from a personal point of a leftist. This was made obvious in the post.

Enjoy your inability to take in information and see arguments from both sides.... you'll go far in life.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I just went through the migrant caravan thread because I was interested in what solutions would be offered by liberals who want open borders.

Just an FYI that you are addressing what is probably a very small % of "liberals" in your post. I think many (most?) on the left are open to immigrants, but in a fair, managed, vetted manner. There are few that want the borders completely removed, and 100% freedom between our country and Mexico.

Also I should point out that this caravan if suspicious to some, should note this helps Trump more than not, and so, if you are suspicious, you should be looking to your own side for the cause.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What the heck makes you believe Liberals want open borders? I'm a Liberal and open borders is a crap idea....many of us just believe if you are going to interfere in Nation's politics and economics, like our attempt to destroy Venezuela, Syria and Iraq...there WILL be consequences. As for the caravan, I suggest instead of making up garbage about these poor people to get everyone riled up to "send in the Army!"..we stop calling our Mexican neighbors animals and criminals, help THEM turn tge caravan around BEFORE they are smack up against our border and we are FORCED to provide food, shelter and medicine to a growing mob....

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The absolute problem solver is to obstruct them from crossing over into the US. Trump’s choice of sending the armed forces (In my opinion) is a great idea. Think of the psychological impact this will have. That alone, might prevent the situation from becoming violent.

The main reason we have this unruly circumstances, is because Mexico is well aware those individuals are just passing through and don’t wish to settle in their land.

That said, if the US devices a plan that prevents individuals from illegally crossing over, it then becomes a problem for Mexico. How long before an influx of immigrants begins to threaten their economy? I’m willing to bet under those circumstances, Mexico will take drastic measures to prevent illegals from entering their country while inadvertently solving ours.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I got this.

Lets handle this with the rule of law. The law of the United States of America. The greatest country on Earth!

Let's let them show up and apply for asylum. Just like are laws say we should.

If you don't like the law then move somewhere else with more draconian border laws. For now, this is the rule of law and this is America, love it or leave it B!tch3s!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beowolfs
The absolute problem solver is to obstruct them from crossing over into the US. Trump’s choice of sending the armed forces (In my opinion) is a great idea. Think of the psychological impact this will have. That alone, might prevent the situation from becoming violent.

The main reason we have this unruly circumstances, is because Mexico is well aware those individuals are just passing through and don’t wish to settle in their land.

That said, if the US devices a plan that prevents individuals from illegally crossing over, it then becomes a problem for Mexico. How long before an influx of immigrants begins to threaten their economy? I’m willing to bet under those circumstances, Mexico will take drastic measures to prevent illegals from entering their country while inadvertently solving ours.

They're headed for a port of entry to apply for asylum. How are you going to stop that with the armed forces? Invade Mexico and not let them access the port of entry?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Wonder what Canada will do when they reach them. ..

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper

What the heck makes you believe Liberals want open borders? I'm a Liberal and open borders is a crap idea....many of us just believe if you are going to interfere in Nation's politics and economics, like our attempt to destroy Venezuela, Syria and Iraq...there WILL be consequences. As for the caravan, I suggest instead of making up garbage about these poor people to get everyone riled up to "send in the Army!"..we stop calling our Mexican neighbors animals and criminals, help THEM turn tge caravan around BEFORE they are smack up against our border and we are FORCED to provide food, shelter and medicine to a growing mob....

I have heard people using the term "open borders". I think you can look at it in larger terms. Folks that tolerate and even protect illegal immigration are in my book promoting open borders. They may not have thought it out that far, but essentially that is what they are advocating. Think about it.

I am not against immigration. I think you need to be able to support yourself if you are coming here and also go through the legal process.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

They're headed for a port of entry to apply for asylum. How are you going to stop that with the armed forces? Invade Mexico and not let them access the port of entry?

Why not let them make application in Mexico and they can enter if they are accepted. No need for us to provide for them. Let the folks that initiated this care for them until their applications are processed. There is a group somewhere that initiated this whole thing, this was not spontaneous. This is most definitely a setup, but it may have backfired, who knows?
edit on 25-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

Wonder what Canada will do when they reach them. ..

They are known for their bleeding heart government.....

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I just went through the migrant caravan thread because I was interested in what solutions would be offered by liberals who want open borders.

Just an FYI that you are addressing what is probably a very small % of "liberals" in your post. I think many (most?) on the left are open to immigrants, but in a fair, managed, vetted manner. There are few that want the borders completely removed, and 100% freedom between our country and Mexico.

Also I should point out that this caravan if suspicious to some, should note this helps Trump more than not, and so, if you are suspicious, you should be looking to your own side for the cause.

Well then, I guess we have something in common, that is exactly what I want regarding immigration, a fair, managed and legal application of the law.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

You really need to go back and read this torrid thread again.

I sometimes wonder what this place and the world in general has come to. I often wonder in fact.

Here we have a thread, which is based on the same premise as over 1000 threads on here. It reinforces a you vs me, black vs white, right vs wrong polarity. The whole aim of the thread being to bait the opposition into entering into a roundabout of nonsense, which itself only serves to distract the reader and participants away from truth.

You may not be aware that being 'right wing' or 'right leaning' doesn't mean I am not able to see arguments from other points of view. In fact, that is one of the main downfalls of society and most of the members here, a cognitive dissonance, a block within people's minds disallowing them the ability to think critically... almost autistic in their approach - They have this view that something either IS or either ISN'T.

By the looks of your reply and grasp of this thread you are suffering the same.

1) The thread is a baiter - simple as. This isbecasue anyone with half a cell knows what answers they will get from the OP question. The left alsio know what answers they will get back.

2) After pointing this out the OP disagreed. So I provided the stock answer which he/she will expect to receive from libs/left. I didn't answer from a personal point of a leftist. This was made obvious in the post.

Enjoy your inability to take in information and see arguments from both sides.... you'll go far in life.

Find somewhere in this thread that I baited someone. You won't find it. The squabbles here had nothing to do with me or the thread. I did ask someone to leave that was being really aggressive, that's it. I actually have beliefs that are beyond far left in some areas. I also believe that it benefits each of us to look at our own beliefs realistically and logically whatever they are. I find no logic in allowing some people to break the law, particular non citizens while people rot in our penal system for life times, sometimes falsely committed. If we can "overlook" people barging into this country illegally, why don't we overlook addicts that our filling up our prisons?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

These caravans are passing through multiple countries to reach the US; passing by US embassies that are located in these countries. Why is it not possible for them to apply for citizenship or work visas at these embassies?

In pondering, I can only deduct that many are indeed poor and hope that by reaching the border they will receive assistance and accommodations that would not be available to them otherwise in awaiting for approval via the embassies.

I imagine the host nations actually prefer these caravans just keep moving north too. It is much easier to let the US deal with it and be the 'bad' guy.

Really good question. The folks that live in this country are expected to follow the letter of the law, pay their taxes, follow rules ect, but it's ok to just barge in here. What is so friggin hard about following the path that has been provided?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

They already exist, or what do you think where the minors get seperated from their families. The fence is already pretty strong I don't know where they'll attempt to cross, do you? Holding them back might prove impractical. The humane thing to do is bring them somewhere where they have access to water at least, while they wait for their fate to be decided.

Where do all the others cross? Probably the same place. If their are enough people maybe they could just attempt to force their way in. Crowds make people do strange things.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I am really glad to hear that. I am aware that the MSM paints a picture of both sides as idiots at the end of the day. I am really not on any side per say, being a so called liberal isn't what it used to be, it has morphed, kind of like feminism. My opinion is that it has been corrupted by those that wish to use it for their own benefit. They go back and forth, sometimes one side, sometimes the other.

My fear is that kids are really having their thinking processes deluged with a bunch of crap that doesn't allow them to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I actually have to agree with you. Lawlessness should not be condoned. If those folks want to apply legally from Mexico in a lawful manner I am all for it. We don't need to be like the EU. Let's care for our vets, particular the homeless ones first. I will be very disappointed if Trump doesn't take a decisive leadership role in this and put his money where his mouth is.
edit on 25-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just to address all of those accusations that this thread was created to bait liberals, that really wasn't my intention. A while back I did a thread about cigarettes butts as pollution. It really ticked me off that people just drop cigarette butts. It actually was a sort of bait thread at first.What I found out was that a lot of people don't do that. They have ways to deal with butts. I also found out that some people thought they were made out of cotton,so they didn't see much harm in dropping them, which is inaccurate. I also developed some empathy for the way smokers are treated.

It is possible to have a debate with something you are passionate about and maybe open your perspective. I have been reminded by this thread that it seems very few are unthinking, far left maniacs that the MSM would have us believe. I guess I sort of forgot that. Thanks to those of you that reminded me of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join