It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
We have asylum laws in place that make this caravan perfectly legal. If they request asylum, they are allowed entry and will receive an asylum hearing. Only about twenty percent will be granted asylum, the others will be sent back to their counties of origin.

Trump is either ignorant of this country's immigration laws or is pandering. I suspect both.

Once again, these are not asylum seekers, they are job seekers. Big difference.

The irony is that these "job seekers" are coming to this country waving the flag of their own country and chanting "Down with Trump!" Who do they think made the policies that allowed those jobs to exist here for them to chase in the first place?

I suppose if we let them overthrow Trump and install someone like Ocasio-Cortez, all the jobs will dry up and they'll soon move on like the locusts they are because they will have destroyed their goose.

I just don't understand how folks can dislike Trump and accuse him and at the same time enjoy the bounty of him being president. It reminds me of spoiled children hating and dissing their parents all the while enjoying the ipad, iphone , new car and vacations that the parents provide in an entitled fashion...whatever happened to gratitude?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I think Comrade Burns came up with the solution, in his OP of the first thread of the multitude of threads on this subject, which it seems the vast majority of US members seem to support; just set the US Armed Forces on them and kill 'em all.

The rest of us will just register our outright disgust then we can move on to something else we can all disagree upon.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill
a reply to: narrator

If you are unaware, this was Krysties first post I replied to... "If the Trumpets got their way the refugees would be lined up and shot dead. They have zero regard for human life."

What possible counter argument does that deserve? Why didn't you speak up after that post from Krysties about how comments like that don't promote proper debate?

If someone presents something logical like your questions to me I'll gladly reply in kind. I called that poster out for exactly the nonsense they posted.

Good point!!! Looks like someone is trying to turn this into a bait thread in reality..

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think Comrade Burns came up with the solution, in his OP of the first thread of the multitude of threads on this subject, which it seems the vast majority of US members seem to support; just set the US Armed Forces on them and kill 'em all.

The rest of us will just register our outright disgust then we can move on to something else we can all disagree upon.

A+ for sarcasm...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

According to Article 1 of the 1951 UN Convention, as modified by the 1967 Protocol, a refugee is defined as a person who 'owing to well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality - Fleeing poverty and high crime does not fit that definition.

They can't claim asylum, coming here for a better life on their own accord is not asylum, it's economic migration.

I guess any one of us could fit that description at some level...I know I do... guess I have free reign to go to any country that belongs to the UN and I can show up at the border and they are under obligation to let me stay...cool...
If that is true, I guess they can apply for asylum, from their country of origin. I have no problem with that.

Personally, I have no plans to round up my persecuted group that I am a part of and push down the border gaits or swim through a river to push my way through.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

They already exist, or what do you think where the minors get seperated from their families. The fence is already pretty strong I don't know where they'll attempt to cross, do you? Holding them back might prove impractical. The humane thing to do is bring them somewhere where they have access to water at least, while they wait for their fate to be decided.

You strengthen my argument for a wall. I do agree that no one should have to suffer needlessly. However, there is such a thing as personal responsibility. If I am going to go on a long trip, I am not going to buy a one way ticket, arrive with no money and expect someone else to buy me food, lodging and a return ticket.

Having said that I was watching a video this morning which I am going to post that says fliers were being vastly distributed to the citizens of Nicaragua that told them they could come to the US for jobs and that they would be provided food and water along the way. If that is true the picture starts to look a little different. The question now is who has used these people as pawns?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

These caravans are passing through multiple countries to reach the US; passing by US embassies that are located in these countries. Why is it not possible for them to apply for citizenship or work visas at these embassies?

In pondering, I can only deduct that many are indeed poor and hope that by reaching the border they will receive assistance and accommodations that would not be available to them otherwise in awaiting for approval via the embassies.

I imagine the host nations actually prefer these caravans just keep moving north too. It is much easier to let the US deal with it and be the 'bad' guy.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
THIS IS HUGE.

This is a bit off topic, I was watching a video about the Trump rally and at 12 seconds listen to what the guy says. He has an friend that is in Nicaragua that says that fliers were being handed out inviting people to come to the US and provisions would be provided...so the political manipulation continues.

Also, note the MSM article says absolutely nothing about it. That should have been the centerpiece of the article, but they chose to make just another Trump, republican bashing generic piece.

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 24-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

A+ for sarcasm...

All good sarcasm has to have more than just a small element of truth in it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

A+ for sarcasm...

All good sarcasm has to have more than just a small element of truth in it.

I agree. I would like to see compassion paired with lawfulness and common sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Liberals will bypass overpopulation
Bypass the. Number of jobs and resources available.
Put money towards foreigners instead of safer drinking water pipes for their own citizens.

They are completely driven by compassion and no logic..

The enemy has even learned to use liberals and their ideology as a weapon.

You cannot let a lawless mob of people storm into a country.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The same solution we have used for these caravans in the past before they were sensationalized by the conservative media. When they arrive at the border let them make their case for asylum, if the case is legitimate then grant them asylum, if it isn’t deport them. Simple as that.

LINK

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes, there's liberals/Democrats working on this and discussing it, but they're not doing it on ATS.

All well and good, but what ARE those possible solutions?

What ARE the different views on sanctuary cities within the party?

What ARE the types of open boarder policies Dems oppose, or are in favor of?

While the OP's phrasing may be a bit of a set up, it certainly doesn't invalidate the request.

Personally, I can't see how we can blindly ignore an invasion when it's happening. Follow the process, and all is well. Of course, that means settling in a closer, safe nation (i.e. Mexico). So that's really the LEGAL decision that will come about.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
From my own perspective, immigrants should be repatriated to their own land, and then they should fight for a country they can believe in, one in which they can live, bring up their kids etc; the same kind of dreams better developed countries have.

Let's face it, unless you are a Red Indian, all of you have immigrant ancestry, so you should know better. Nevertheless, having said that, if they are not willing to fight for the land from which they hail against all the pressures upon them, why should any other country offer them sanctuary? Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone willing to give up their birth nation just because it is hard to live in it.

Open borders is a NWO agenda to break down national identity, but then again, America has never truly had it's own bona fide cultural identity, because it is a mix of many cultures who are at ideological war with each other. It is not just the immigrants who are part of the problem, it's the elitists who want to control the whole shebang by diluting the common man's traditions and sense of identifiable history.

You can't allow others from other countries to simply pack up and go to other countries without firstly vetting them. Quality, not quantity is required. An Englishman cannot simply move to America. He has to bring with him desired skill sets and innovation, and he has to jump through bureaucratic hoops before he can get on a plane or boat to cross the pond. Being poor cannot be used as a qualification for unfettered entry into another country.

The only reason why peoples from other countries should be granted temporary access to another country is because of a natural disaster and the application of humanitarian aid. No. Send them back from whence they came and help them make a better country for themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Sssh.....stop making sense......don't you know you're supposed to be alarmist regardless of your opinion?

a reply to: elysiumfire

You make some valid points, but.....

....Open borders is a NWO agenda to break down national identity,....

The United States of America was built on an open bordesr policy....was the NWO agenda in operation even then?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Freeborn:

The United States of America was built on an open bordesr policy....was the NWO agenda in operation even then?

No it wasn't. Depending on what part of America's history you look at, migrants were vetted in a controlled way. This has an entirely different perspective. If any thing, America was built out of an invasion that almost wiped out the culture that was already there. Now the people with migrant ancestry wants to stop migrants from entering the country. Oh the irony!
edit on 25/10/18 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Freeborn:

No it wasn't. Migrants were vetted in a controlled way. This has an entirely different perspective. If any thing, America was built out of an invasion that almost wiped out the culture that was already there. Now the people with migrant ancestry wants to stop migrants from entering the country. Oh the irony!

‘Illegal immigrant’ means ‘immigrant’

Got it.

So if someone is anti-illegal immigration that means they’re anti-immigration?

Is that what your iq is telling you?

Because my iq tells me that immigration is a good thing, a necessary thing and a thing that America was built on. And illegal-immigration is NOT a good thing, it’s a destructive and erosive and makes a mockery of any country.
edit on 25 10 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Chip them. If you want in the US you get chipped at the border. People are gonna freak at this idea but can anyone think of an easier solution to identification?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone willing to give up their birth nation just because it is hard to live in it.

You mean, like, Jews?

Like St. Reagan said, "A nation is only as real as it's borders"

The human elites do the work of their extra-dimensional overlords by breaking down every source of authority other than banks.

They break down nations, religions, constitutions, philosophies, martial arts disciplines, anything that tells people there's a right and wrong apart from our own emotions.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
1. Line up the military at the border.
2. Do NOT let any of these people in.
3. Since they passed legitimate places to apply for asylum and chose not to - do not extend that option to them again.
4. Offer them temporary visas if they agree to testify against the people who put them up to this dangerous journey.
5. Catch the bastard who put them up to this, tattoo "traitor" on his forehead, and use him for target practice.

I am not a liberal, never have been, never will be. But I felt compelled to offer my solution anyway.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join