It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast of Belgium and Technophobia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Marsha Brockman from Georgia wrote to us recently about a Christian urban legend that has been heard and believed by millions of people. Here is her letter...
A myth I heard as early as 1973, and have heard repeatedly over the years, concerns a giant computer in Belgium, taking up the space of a city block, and housed in a building. The name of the computer is "The Beast", and reportedly information on everyone in the world is kept on it. This means that when we have to take the "mark of the beast", the antichrist government can track us down. High school teachers talked about it, as well as it being fodder for several sermons I heard as a teenage person.

rest of link.....

christianity.about.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I read about this in some non-fiction pieces seven-eight years ago...grain of salt you know. I suppose the fact that some form of NWO control will one day emerge is food for thought. If we are one day told to take an implant, there has to be a system in place to track us?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
When you think about the movies the Matrix and T3 ect ... one can't help but consider the potential threat technology presents.

Paper money (its actually a cloth) will with time have to be replaced, it is simply more practical to have a system in which all transactions are handled by computer (no paper money, coins, checks or picture ID required).

One simply passes a scanner and whatever is used to identify you does so and process any transactions that need to be done.

Such a program would require information on every person allowed to purchase and be paid.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have been warning people about this for years. The cashless society could and will easily lead to the total destruction of all liberty. Since all financial assets (including stocks, bank accounts, etc.) will be reduced to nothing but bits on the computers of financial institutions, it becomes a trifle manner to seize the financial assets of any "trouble maker" without leaving the office. Also the government could track where and how your spend your money.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
To be honest, I thought with all the credit cards and debit cards and bank cards running around that 'we' were already a "cashless society" or on the very verge of it?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
To be honest, I thought with all the credit cards and debit cards and bank cards running around that 'we' were already a "cashless society" or on the very verge of it?

regards
seekerof

We are. Maybe these things are conditioners- I believe they are- to ease the world into getting used to not carrying paper and coin in their pockets. Jag is right, The control of the worlds money can not be complete unless it is manipulated completely by computer systems. As long as we have some currency of our own, we have clout-if it is a etheral byte- well, we are out of luck.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You all make excellent points. Even if such a supercomputer were to exist, it would still be a means of physical control. Physically toying with the economic system by requiring folks to get implants. It is extremely difficult to control enormous populations by PHYSICAL methods.

Instead, they are using psychological methods (and getting away with it, because we enjoy it!). They have conditioned us to spend our money using credit cards because it is more convenient for us. Internet credit card sales contribute significantly, this is the reason the Internet is allowed to stick around. It directly benefits those in control, any way you cut it. Controlling us via psychological means (i.e. HAARP, behavioral conditioning) is much more efficient AND effective. As long as they continue to reinforce us, we will continue to use their methods of convenience. The recent media push for cell phones & cell phone use (i.e. "Can you hear me now?"-- what comes next?...) is probably involved as well, although I'm still researching that portion.

We are a technologically addicted society. Technology is a wonderful behavioral reinforcer, however.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is also my opinion that there will be some draconian measures for inventory control to prevent barter. This can be easily accomplish because everything is bar coded. What I mean is that as a product is purchased in a store (by electronic card), that sale would be logged into the system as being a legal purchase. From time to time, the store would be subject to an inventory conducted by the state. Its inventory would have to reflect the "legal sales". If the state inventory showed too much missing (perhaps due to the store owner doing some barter), then the store owner would be arrested and put out of business.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yes, so true. All things and goods will be inventory controlled, and those who are not in the system will not be able to buy or sale...hmmmmm....
We are somewhat there-try getting a renta car with out a credit card-I did once a few years ago and the look I got was -- are you kidding?? it is becoming out of school to not use credit.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The sad thing will be that when it happens, people will be standing in line to get that chip imbedded in either their hand or forehead because it will so convenient.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
People will no more think twice about that than they do when one is asked for ones SS#- YAY!!!
The implementation of smart card tech is troublesome.

Keeps some bills in you r mattress!!

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, I don't know if you have heard anything about the "Guardian Angel" chip. But I actually bought stock in this company...

www.adsx.com...

And made a butt-load of money on it. Primarily because of 9/11 (for emergency workers) and then the rash of highly-publicized incidences of children coming up missing. I figured we'd see parents lining up to get their kids chipped...kind of like Lojac for kids. In addition, these chips are used on pets and livestock (basically bar-coding your cows...hmmm).

I made a butt-load of money on this. Basically daytrading on the volatility of it. And all the time I was doing it I joked with my husband that it was my "anti-christ" stock. And then one day I just got this overwhelming feeling that this was NOT a joking matter, and to not even look at the price but sell whatever I had RIGHT THEN. And I did. Lost most of what I had profited and then eventually managed to lose the rest on other investments

I am absolved...I hope

I have studied eschatology for years. I mean since I was a young pre-teen. I can remember when I was 19, 20 thinking how would they be able to pull this off (concerning Revelation) or that??? And thinking, I don't know, it just doesn't seem plausible.

I have now lived through 39 years of watching history being made, and every area of doubt I had about whether the prophecies could be fulfilled be answered with a resounding...OH YEAH! they can.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
One of the real issues with respect to society is that the idea of a bar code or a chip is actually a practical way to deal with the issue of monetary transactions.

Some would consider that like all empires the Vatican Assembly new that one day, its control would waiver and as a result took steps to interfere with that
process.

If memory serves it was President Clinton who suggested that one day what is the equivalent to a modern day supercomputer could be small enough to be attached to
a human beings spine. With about a months worth of training one could learn to use such a technology in the same way we use computers today (all you have to do is close your eye's and there is apparent a screen).

That such technology is available today is not in reality implausible it may even have the ability to access the Internet.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The link is not working.

Anyway, if someone can give me an adress in Belgium, I'll try to go there. I would like to see the " beast ".

( huuum, I guess it's a Mac and not a PC
)

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Somebody please tell me you've already brought up the issue of the Euro as a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The problem is not supercomputers called the beast or bar codes tattooed on your head. The problem is human stupidity and the way things are going Im starting to believe that people want to be ruled. People seem to not want to think for them selves. They want to have very easy lives were one does not need to think. If people truly want that, then taking that away from them would be a removal of there freedom

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yes that link is down here are two more...

www.truthorfiction.com...

www.captelco.qc.ca...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I haven't used a credit card in three years, and keep my traceable electronic transactions to a minimum.

I don't spend any more or any less. I'm happy to forego the stupid loyalty points programs. I reject businesses who don't want my business on my terms who require me to have a card.

I won't be accepting the mark, either.

Guess I will be selling up and becoming a forest dweller, beach hermit or Eskimo.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Yes that link is down here are two more...

Thanks Toltec.

" The Beast is a gigantic three story computer located in the administrative building of the headquarters of the Common Market ".

Ouch. It's gonna be hard to go inside the building. But I don't mind. I've still some C4 at home, and with C4, I can do many " miracles ".

I'm able to do ANYTHING for ATS. KABOOOOM.

P.S : For the case where the Belgian " Inteligence " Service are monitoring me, I was kidding and I don't have any C4 at home. I hided it somewhere else.

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
UP if anything goes wrong let us know the US is already ticked of at the UN.

M.A. I remember of an incident involving the robbery of a post office here in the United States, a lot of people do not know this but when a person writes a check to another state the money has to be sent there. One very common method of moving it is through the mail.

The robbery resulted in something along the lines of about 20,000,000 stolen in cash one of the thieves was caught because he actually used his share of the money to make purchases. The point I am making is such a system is already in place using the serial numbers of cash issued to you when you make a transaction in a bank (This is why money stolen has to be launderd).

For the record as I understand it took three months to catch of with the person I mentioned earlier.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join