It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wins womans cycling championship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have yet to see biological woman to man wins mans sport or a variation. I think it's strange that it is almost or maybe even always men that become women then go into womens sports. I have yet to hear about a woman who becomes a guy and then wins a boxing match, or a race, or a ufc fight or something like that. Seems to be a telling sign. I do wonder what this man to womans record was in the sport before becoming a woman and cheating I mean beating the biological women.

Did you hear about the trans male who easily beat his female opponents in wrestling tournaments two years in a row? He wanted to compete against men, but wasn’t allowed. Do you agree with the state of Texas that he should be forced to compete against women because he was born female?

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, she should be forced to compete against other females.
But she also was taking steroids so she should not have been allowed to compete at all.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Like I said a category for third gender. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yes, she should be forced to compete against other females.
But she also was taking steroids so she should not have been allowed to compete at all.

Even the state of Texas allows athletes to take hormones for medical conditions.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Hellz yeah

Call them 'OTHER'

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Doesn’t solve the problem. You’d have 1 person competing against him/herself in many cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Doesn’t solve the problem. You’d have 1 person competing against him/herself in many cases.

It solves it for them because basically they would not be able to compete.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Exactly. For example:

Atlanta hosts world transgender bodybuilding competition

A level playing field and a fair competition.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Or an incentive to spread more sport

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The Olympics have always been strict about what denotes a level playing field.

You have the Olympics, which separates into genders, Paralympics for people with physical disabilities, and the Special Olympics for those with mainly mental disabilities.

Would you be surprised if they came out with a different one for people who don't fit into the Male or Female category?

I mean, it is one of the oldest institutions on Earth, and has been very strict to ensure that the best athletes win. Is it fair to have someone who was born a man, with a frame that can easily accommodate hundreds of pounds of muscle compete against women in power lifting for example?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Didn't know we were talking about the Olympics.

Like I said as a father to a daughter I get it to a point.
Not a big care for me though.

When I wrestled in school in the 90s there was a girl here and there wrestling. Wrestled the boys.

Late 00's when my brother wrestled in school there was a girl wrestling. Competing against boys.

Don't really recall making a national incident about it.
Every now and then a dude would make a fuss after he lost. Usual excuses.
He didn't want to hurt her.

Just think people make a bigger deal than it is

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I believe the Olympics allows trans athletes to compete in the gender category they identify with, depending on testosterone levels.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I could agree with that.

I don't know where I fall on this one, it's tricky and to be honest I don't understand it. I don't think anyone can unless they go through the transition, something I won't experience in life.

I'm more or less asking questions.

In the end, we are talking about a very very small number of participants.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Transgenders shouldn't be allowed to compete in sports of their new sex gender. Their physical strength doesn't change along with their outward appearance. It's simply unfair and transgenders should clearly understand that. It's one thing to be accepted by society, but it's wrong when they feel they should be treated equal when it comes to female or male gender sports.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I could agree with that.

I don't know where I fall on this one, it's tricky and to be honest I don't understand it. I don't think anyone can unless they go through the transition, something I won't experience in life.

I try to look at it from if I would want my daughter to compete against guys. I have a hard time arguing it because if she is still into grappling in junior high I have every intention of signing up to wrestle knowing full well that will be her competition.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I believe the Olympics allows trans athletes to compete in the gender category they identify with, depending on testosterone levels.

Thanks for bringing that up, and you are right... Unfortunately that is making a slippery slope.

New regulations from the International Olympic Committee will make it harder for transgender women to compete in the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo. The IOC is expected to issue guidelines to 55 sports federations that will halve the permitted level of testosterone allowed in women’s events from archery to weightlifting. According to The Times of London, acceptable levels will likely be cut in half, from ten to five nanomoles per liter. The revised guidelines come days after transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard competed at the Commonwealth Games. The 40-year-old New Zealander was favored to dominate until she was sidelined by injury. Trans athletes who underwent gender confirmation surgery were first allowed to compete in the 2004 Winter Olympics, provided they had been on hormones for at least two years after surgery and legally changed their gender. In 2015, the surgical requirement was dropped and the period on hormones was lowered to a year. Still, to date, no openly transgender athlete has competed in the Olympics.

But using testosterone levels to determine eligibility affects more than just trans competitors: Indian sprinter Dutee Chand was actually disqualified after she was discovered to have naturally elevated levels of testosterone. She appealed the ruling, though, and can compete. For now.
link

It appears it has shaken up the Olympics before any transgender athlete has tried to compete.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

In boxing they have featherweight, heavyweight and maybe a few other categories for build and strength...

For sporting events, the categories are male/female/disabled (paralympics). There were some complaints that the prosthesis that some runners used actually made them way faster than a regular runner.

You could have speed/time categories for runners. But then someone could fake their previous test scores to appear slower than they really are, then play a competition and get a fast time.
edit on 15-10-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

But when their choices effect others I have a problem with them.

Dave Chappelle said it best:

"to what extent do i have to participate in your delusions"

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I could agree with that.

I try to look at it from if I would want my daughter to compete against guys. I have a hard time arguing it because if she is still into grappling in junior high I have every intention of signing up to wrestle knowing full well that will be her competition.

You keep bringing up wrestling.
Most schools dont have womens wrestling teams.

Put your daughter in basketball, track or volleyball.

Now we have sports with both men's and womens teams.
I have a big problem with a Male playing on a female basketball team.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I bring it up cause if she joins she will compete against boys.
That's the point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join