It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wins womans cycling championship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, she will compete against boys at a disadvantage by her own choice.
Totally different situation that the cycling story.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

They must feel the same as all the people that lost to lance Armstrong right.

Just seems like there are plenty of social issues to get involved in. Just don't get why people choose this. But I don't have to understand

So you don't have a problem with a woman born a man fighting in Mma or boxing?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well people can stop watching the sport, going to races/games and any other support. The problem is that this thing has the same attraction as watching a car wreck. Maybe that is the reason these sports are allowing these things. It brings free advertising and publicity.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So in a scenario where I was competing
With your daughter and I was besting
Her all the time, would you or wouldn't
Be okay with that?

Just to add I hope I'm not misunderstanding
You, seems your input may be a little vague.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I like women with vaginas

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It is worth noting that there is a large variation in the amount of total testosterone in average healthy males. It can range between 300-1000 ng/dL. The average is roughly 600 ng/dL.

Females transitioning to males through hormone therapy can find the highest amount of testosterone that their bodies will tolerate (if you go too high in a biologically female body, the body starts converting testosterone into estrogen) and boast a higher amount of testosterone than most biological males achieve.

It is essentially a legal way to dope for competitions. I am not claiming that this is the reason people transition, mind you, just pointing out that it is a loophole and biological females could potentially outdo most biological males with enough testosterone.

I suggest that if people are truly serious about transitioning, they would be willing to forego competitions until more data can be collected and we can fully understand the ramifications of hormone therapy on physical aptitude and what to do about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PeppermintButler

This goes much farther than testosterone levels.
Males muscular structures are much more robust than females making the physically stronger and giving them more endurance.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...
futurama called it

sports are seperated due to biological advantages last i checked what was removed is not that advantage

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Testosterone is directly related to skeletal muscle structure. Trans females take testosterone blockers, as well as estrogen supplementation. So, in essence, they aren’t “doping” to get stronger; they are “doping” to get weaker.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If I'm reading it right and it is girl to boy transgender then no I do not think s/he should be allowed to fight the males for the simple reason that no matter how much you pump into the trans woman to male they will never have a truly equal standing point against a male. Men and Women as I'm sure most know are built differently right down to the DNA and I do not think that men should be going into the womens sports and nor should the women be going into the mens.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

And there are males that no matter how much they work out and train, they won’t ever win against some other males. So what? Don’t let them try to compete? There is no reason not to let a trans male compete against other males. If you compete and lose, that’s the breaks.

It is a little more complicated with trans females. It depends on the individual, and how long they have been blocking testosterone and taking estrogen supplements, and at what age they started.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How do we determine at the time of competition
They are equal to their bio female competitors?

ETA: if I misunderstood disregard.
edit on 15-10-2018 by VividestSum93 because: I farted

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: VividestSum93

Easy, dont let born biological males compete against females.
Problem solved

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yeah I agree no doubt

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

In our PC world today, they would be torn apart for acting anything but happy about losing to him.

Maybe
Maybe not

Either way I don't understand why people get worked up over this stuff

What's the point of competition if you're gonna perpetually be 2nd place to a man? Is this the equality that women wanted?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

They must feel the same as all the people that lost to lance Armstrong right.

Just seems like there are plenty of social issues to get involved in. Just don't get why people choose this. But I don't have to understand

Ok, first off Lance was oxygenating his blood. In the world of performance enhancing, this is like pot. He did not have a biological advantage.

Secondly, the tour de france is men's cycling.
Women compete in the tour de france Feminine.

Apple and oranges.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Testosterone is directly related to skeletal muscle structure. Trans females take testosterone blockers, as well as estrogen supplementation. So, in essence, they aren’t “doping” to get stronger; they are “doping” to get weaker.

Hmm and how many are doing this before they've finished puberty?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This world has been turned upside down and there isn't anything
you can say until it turns upside again.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I like women with vaginas

And there are no chicks with dicks, only dudes with tits

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just a thought, what happens when they start openly creating enhanced human animal hybrids?
Wonder where the limit should be set.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join