It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man wins womans cycling championship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: VividestSum93

Check testosterone levels. If they have been at the same level as a woman’s for a couple of years, then their muscle structure is just like a woman’s.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I am aware, but that muscular structure develops during puberty when testosterone really starts ramping up. The physical differences between prepubescent boys and girls are minor until sex hormones get involved.

A biological female transitioning with hormone therapy will increase the number of muscle fibers they have, and testosterone also increases the release of other growth hormones iirc.

I would hypothesize that BOTH FtM and MfF transitions could have advantages in competitions.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Testosterone is directly related to skeletal muscle structure. Trans females take testosterone blockers, as well as estrogen supplementation. So, in essence, they aren’t “doping” to get stronger; they are “doping” to get weaker.

Hmm and how many are doing this before they've finished puberty?

Not sure I understand the point of your question. Even if they have finished puberty, their skeletal muscle structure changes after a certain amount of time without testosterone.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Testosterone is directly related to skeletal muscle structure. Trans females take testosterone blockers, as well as estrogen supplementation. So, in essence, they aren’t “doping” to get stronger; they are “doping” to get weaker.

Not sure I understand the point of your question. Even if they have finished puberty, their skeletal muscle structure changes after a certain amount of time without testosterone.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it's easily solved. Rules are;

1. Biological men cannot compete in female events
2. Women who want/choose to compete in a male event are free to do so at their own risk.
3. For the men who trans into female, see rule 2.

Does this solve all the things?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Which seems to take many years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join