It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Ancients knew...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What if...
We have the timeline wrong?
Are the signs staring us in the face?

I'm not trying to sound cryptic but I'll often read about several different topics online at once. Two clicked into place in my opinion. Upon further reading I came across several sites with similar thinking. Before we get into this. Lets take a minute to discuss what we know about human history. We, homo sapiens, have supposedly been around for a couple of hundred thousand years according to some of the latest data.

In the earliest days our main evening time entertainment was a campfire and the night sky. Not the night sky most of us see in our modern world. It was different then both in orientation and appearance. Appearance? Yes, Most people reading this will step outside and view the night sky and what they'll see is a night sky bleached out a bit by nearby City or Township lights. Sad fact. Only those who have witnessed the night sky far away from City lights, say on an island, or from the middle of a desert, or on a ocean cruise or out camping can attest to the true grandeur of the heavens on a crisp clear night.

What about orientation? Due to the Earths presession our night sky changes orientation. This happens very slowly at a agonizingly slow snails pace. The average person would not see noticeable changes in their lifetime, If they even cared to look. We, in our modern world for the most part ignore the heavens, We crowd around a TV, or go online, or have to work etc etc etc.

Our Ancient ancestors though were more observant and astute with regards to the subject. They tracked and noted changes and created stories and myths to explain shapes and patterns they saw. Presently, many people are somewhat familiar with Zodiac signs which are based on constellations seen in the night sky.

Now, this thread isn't in defense of or advocate for Horoscopes or belief in Zodiac signs. However lets look at how many of our ancestors saw things...

Leo the lion
-
Sphinx

Age of Leo
11000 B.C. – 8000 B.C.

As we begin here, the snow of the Ice Age melts and the global climate begins to warm up. And what do we find? The cultures on the planet during this time worshipping the Sun, the ruler of the fire sign Leo, almost as a way of saying thanks for melting all that damn ice! Sun-Gods abound, populations rise in many parts of the world, minimal farming begins to birth as climates get warmer and wetter and herds of large animals become scarcer. This is also known as the Mesolithic period, or Stone Age.

Cancer
-
Scarab/crab

Age of Cancer

Age of Cancer: 8640 to 6480 BC
Cancer rules: Food, Agriculture, Houses and house building, Community, Motherhood, and Family.

This age hosted the Neolithic Revolution and the invention of agriculture around the world. The traditional dates for the Neolithic Revolution are 9000 to 6000 BC, a rather exact fit for the Age of Cancer. The traditional area for this new activity was the Near East. This was part of a matrix that included Eastern and Mediterranean Europe, and the Nile river valley. Another agricultural matrix began as early as 9000 BC in Southeast Asia, up into central China. New Guinea and the Rajasthan desert area of India was also a part of this matrix. And in the New World agriculture was being invented from the Yucatan in Mexico and Central America down the west coast of South America through Peru.

Gemini
-
The Twins

Age of Gemini
6500 B.C. – 3750 B.C.

During this Age, human beings began to develop their intellects. Most of this Age, however, still remains prehistoric, so we can only speculate how progress was made in that regard. That being said, there is certainty that by the end of this Age writing appeared, first in crude pictographs, and finally in formalized cuneiform on tablets in Sumeria and hieroglyphs in Egypt. We also find a similar trail of development in India and China.

Taurus
-
Bull

The Age of Taurus
4000B.C-1800 B.C.

Alright, now we have to get into a lot of bull, the symbol of Taurus…….it would seem that around this time period, what we call “civilization” began. Keep in mind that the word “civilization” comes from the Latin civilis, which means “city”. The Stone Age has now officially ended and most nomadic tribal people had opted for the stability of farm life; Taurus is a fixed earth sign after all. Instead of having to roam around searching for food, developments allowed for the harvesting of food that could be stored for the needs of an entire year. The Earth/land became a symbol of fertility, and the archetypal feminine took on a more positive context within the collective consciousness of humanity.

Aries
-
Ram

Age of Aries
(1800 B.C. – 360 AD)

Aries is associated with the metal iron and the second half of the Arian Age overlaps with the Iron Age. Iron was for the first time smelted and smitten into swords in the early phase of this era, replacing the heavier, softer, and duller bronze swords of the Taurian Age. It was heating by fire, the element of Aries, that allowed the smelting and the smiting of iron, quite a different processing than the casting of bronze. A well known weapon that was developed by the Assyrians during this time is the Battering Ram, designed to break open the walls of fortresses or their wooden gates. The iron plow allowed the transition from mobile settlements to stationary agriculture.

However, one most significant heritage of this age to humanity is more abstract – the proclamation of codes of laws by quite a few civilization of that age. The 18th century BC Babylonian king, Hammurabi, is known for the set of laws called Hammurabi’s Code, one of the first written codes of law in recorded history. Sometime in the 14th century BC, regardless of how it really happened, the Ten Commandments were formulated by Moses, the Hebrew Lawgiver. These were first transmitted orally and developed into the elaborate set of instructions and laws for every aspect of life known as the Torah.

edit on 13-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Pisces
-
Water/Sea/duality

The Age of Pisces
(360 A.D. – 2000 A.D.)

After two and a half thousand years of developing identity, monotheism, and the masculine heroic ego – a new impulse enters the collective psyche and begins constellate in the individual. With each Age shift a challenge arises that becomes a catalyst for the incoming Age and lays its foundation. Buddha came on the planet and began to lay the groundwork in the East. Five hundred years later, Jesus Christ did the same in the West. Their Age of Pisces teachings instructed that ego development wasn’t enough; the ego must be yoked to something greater through sacrifice and non-attachment. The Mortal Hero must now give up that which he fought so hard to obtain. Now, he can only be considered a hero if he sacrifices himself! Well, my friends, perhaps we can see now just why the teachings of Jesus and Buddha were so archetypally polarizing and heretical (in the case of Jesus) to the people of their times!

Aquarius
-
Air

This sign is often confused with being a Water sign, it's actually Air, We came from a water sign Pisces leading us into a Air sign Aquarius. Strange that an Air sign is known as the Water bearer...

I've thought of this in these terms. Each of the signs has a cusp period of transition from one age to the next. I do not find it surprising that the Earth is continually warming, melting glaciers and the oceans rising, Simultaneously, We, Homo Sapiens, are advancing into air, space and communication technologies.

Lets stop and look at this transition from a known historical perspective. During the past 2000 years mankind had sailed the worlds oceans extensively, The British, Spanish, French, Dutch, The Polynesians etc. There were conquests on land of course but Naval battles intensified drastically not just in the scale but ferocity and technological means. This culminated with some of the largest and most intense sea battles in the Pacific during WW II a scale of which we may never see again, due mostly to Air power., There we find a lead in to the next Age, that of Air, We see sea fairing vessels launching aircraft [ Transferring from Water to Air ] with further developments into missile technology which lead to Artificial Satellites then took us to Global communications and the Digital Global Village where the individual can communicate with others of practically every, racial, regional, religious, faith and cultural back ground. The last few most recent conflicts saw Air power come into its own to truly devastatingly effectiveness

So, When I look at the symbol for the age of Aquarius I ask myself am I looking at just Water symbolism or Radio Waves, Electrical waves, Wave Particle Duality or all of the above...?

Age of Aquarius?

Age of Aquarius

2100 to 4300
Aquarius rules: Brotherhood, Utopia, Genius and Science, Immortality, Hopes Dreams and Wishes, Revolution, Electricity.

Although we are not in the Age of Aquarius yet, we can see what is happening historically as we close in on that age. 700 years prior to Aquarius takes us back to the fifteenth century. This was the time of our Renaissance. Science rose up to rival religion as the new Aquarian paradigm. Along with this was a new focus on humanism and the human potential.

In addition, the Aquarius Era was from 1800 to 1980. This era saw the Industrial Revolution and the revolutionary advances of the Twentieth Century. Science and technology have revolutionized our world.

Aquariun Age

The Aquarian Age will be dominated by networks, and information. The key phrase for this age is “Be to be.” The key to the astrological sign Aquarius is “I know.” This is the age of information. Nothing is secret anymore. All information is available at your fingertips. Where the Piscean age was organized in a vertical, up and down structure of hierarchies, the Aquarian Age is organized in a horizontal network, opening the world up to true equality.

During this age, the focus is no longer on your identity and existence (“to be or not to be”), but on accepting yourself as a whole person (“be to be”) who does not need to believe in something outside of yourself. You are ready to accept that you have the knowledge and wisdom within yourself.

So, in this age of Information and Communications the name of the game for The Powers That Be is to control not just content, but access as well through Firewalls for example. Well, sounds like we are on our way to the age of Aquarius in my humble opinion, Complete with all the positive and Negatives ahead. Buckle your seat belt it's going to be a bumpy age, full steam ahead, oops or rather, Throttle up....

Ancient Cosmology and Precession
-
Walter Cruttenden Megalithomania Interview

edit on 13-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You are so on my wavelength bro.

Leo is obviously the inspiration for the Sphinx. Hindu, the cow/bull. Christianity, the fish. Judaism, never eat cloven hooves.

Islam? Erm, I'm not sure about that one.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you for the insights. The last part with Aquarius ♒ I think finally helped to connect some dots in my head as well. Now we must learn to hide from the light by mastering the manipulation of elements to better view and hide within the infrared wavelengths.

My next goal is to tweak the filters on a better camera and view the daily grind outside from the invisible light spectrum. Me thinks I may start seeing things not normally noticed.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was born at midnight on the cusp of Leo and Virgo.
I'm also a Rat by the Eastern system.
No idea what most of it means.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I was born at midnight on the cusp of Leo and Virgo.
I'm also a Rat by the Eastern system.
No idea what most of it means.

before the changes or after?

What is the new zodiac sign dates? 13th zodiac sign discovered by NASA, shifting the signs of many birthdays. ... Oh, and there's a new 13th astrological sign now: Ophiuchus. Sounds like a "Matrix" character, we know. But those of you born between Nov. 29 to Dec. 17, you're all now Ophiuchus-es.Sep 26, 2016

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Seems pretty spot on

"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
(Mystic crystal revelation)
And the mind's true liberation, Aquarius
Aquarius

When the moon (when the moon) is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter (Jupiter) aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in
The sun shine in
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in
The sun shine in
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (oh, let it shine)
The sun shine in (come on, everybody just sing along)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (oh, let the sun shine on in)
The sun shine in (open up your heart and let it shine on you)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (and when you lonely, let it shine)
The sun shine in (you gotta open up your heart and let it shine on in)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (and when you feel like you been mistreated)
Let the sun shine in (and your friends turn their backs upon ya)
The sun shine in (just open up your heart, let it shine on in)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (you got to feel it, you got to feel it)
The sun shine in (oh, open up your heart and let it shine on in)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (I want you to sing along with the 5th dimension)
The sun shine in (hey, open up your heart, oh c'mon)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (and let it shine)
The sun shine in (glory day)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in (hey, you got to feel it)
The sun shine in (when you open up your heart)
Let the sunshine, let the sun shine in... (in the morning, late in the evening)
Writer/s: ROBERT WESTERHOLT, SHARON J. DEN ADEL, DANIEL GIBSON
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind
"

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just like peace, love, and good happiness stuff.
But, I will burn your village to the ground if you rub me wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Now on 9/11/01 all WTC buildings 1-7 were demolished somehow by 2 holograms that day.

Obviously pivotal events to USA history are being rewritten.

Alas, is Satan not a great 'counterfeiter'?!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As I have said in the past. You always bring meat to the table, and this time is no exception. However, I would like to add a little controversy to the discussion. A lot of debates have been had about the Sphinx's face before it was co-opted and damaged beyond repair. Was it Leo the lion because of the time and constellation? Anubis the dog? Something else?

This guy believes it was Anubis, and he might just be right. Not so sure he has "proof" though. I'll let you and others be the judge of that...

More on the topic from his channel. Linky

edit on 10/13/2018 by Klassified because: had

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Hey, long time no see

Yes, this forum is for speculative topics. I appreciate your contribution. I'm checking out the provided info/link

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And Draco winds thru them all

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Good work but I don't agree.
First, why scientists apparently seem to forget the paintings in the Chauvet Cave (32.000 years ago)? Those paintings are proof of a great intelligence.
Why younger cave paintings seem to be less beautiful? Then there are the figurines ...
Why ancients never made a painting of a half moon, the most stunning celestial object in the sky?
6000 years ago they began to paint the moon. But why are there no pictures of a half moon before 12.000 years ago? There should be hundreds of thousands of them.
Second: humankind does not go through cycles. Human knowledge always goes forward, with ups and downs (compare it with the Dow Jones curve if you want to). In the and the hights are higher then the lows.
The fact that civilizations disappear has a lot to do with complacency and the fact that concurrents are cleverer and more motivated than one thought they were. After a certain time a civilization rots from the inside so another civilization takes it over.
I know the following link leads to a conspiracy site but the scientist in the fragment seems to me very reluctant not to end up in a kind of conspiracy thinking ...
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

So, that's just inspired me to connect a few dots.

Interesting post, thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sometimes i feel the earth may have once been a technological place but was 99% wiped out and humans are slowly rebuilding.

May have even happened a few times.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

you're saying that humans began to develop their intellects during the Age of Gemini. on the other hand, some claim that Sphinx was built during the Age of Leo.

makes you wonder, if you got some of it wrong, what does it mean...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

To me that picture Slayer posted of the Sphinx before all the repair work was undertaken proves the head is not contemporary with the body. Just look at the erosion on the body compared to the face. The face is clearly much less eroded apart from the nose which was probably vandalised.

Whatever it was originally is anyone’s guess but I think it must have altered at some point.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
Good work but I don't agree.
First, why scientists apparently seem to forget the paintings in the Chauvet Cave (32.000 years ago)? Those paintings are proof of a great intelligence.

It's not in conflict in my opinion. The cycles go much further back than I have posted info for in this thread. Before most of this info, which has been shown in the context of "Known" human history there were supposedly different ages one of which was the "Golden Age" which depending on how you perceive that, may mean a period in human history when we could create such works even though we were supposedly "Primitive"

I'm very impressed with some of the cave art. We find works that often are not only anatomically correct proportionally but often also portray accurate movement. I've never met an artist that created masterpieces that hadn't learned their craft first by trial and error. Yet, we don't find that trial and error in caves, we find Masterpieces

Why younger cave paintings seem to be less beautiful?

In a way, isn't that kinda proof of a higher age ending and as mentioned in the video we entered a lower age, or less capable age? Look at the history we do know. Humanity went from building the great pyramid then lowered into the dark ages. Then as the cycles changed we are coming out of that period.

Then there are the figurines ...
Why ancients never made a painting of a half moon, the most stunning celestial object in the sky?
6000 years ago they began to paint the moon. But why are there no pictures of a half moon before 12.000 years ago?

Earths Moon is an interesting enigma to me. I have some thoughts on that that I may write and post on in some future thread. I'm sure I'll tweak some noses/ Stay tuned

Second: humankind does not go through cycles. Human knowledge always goes forward, with ups and downs (compare it with the Dow Jones curve if you want to). In the and the hights are higher then the lows.

I'd debate that. I'd ask that maybe a perspective check is in order?

The fact that civilizations disappear has a lot to do with complacency and the fact that concurrents are cleverer and more motivated than one thought they were. After a certain time a civilization rots from the inside so another civilization takes it over.

Whatever the cause, can I ask if what you've just described doesn't sound a bit cyclical to you?

I know the following link leads to a conspiracy site but the scientist in the fragment seems to me very reluctant not to end up in a kind of conspiracy thinking ...
www.evawaseerst.be...

Thanks for providing the link. I'll check it out.

edit on 14-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Excellent post Slayer,

We all grew up believing what we learned in History class to be the end all-be all of how mankind has come to be. Unless your religious texts told you otherwise, that was it. Fast forward 20 years (for me, anyway) and we're finding much of what was the standard education for cultural history is being rewritten as new evidence is coming to light to change things.

My favorite is the age of the Egyptian Empire. It seems that with each passing day/month/year we are given new facts and understandings about it. I'm of the belief that the Sphinx is thousands of years older than many assume and indicative of a civilization that thrived before some cataclysmic event. Joe Rogan's podcast with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson provides some wonderful evidence on this viewpoint.

I try to keep my historical perspectives fluid. There's a constant flow of new evidence being investigated, discussed, manipulated and translated. So much so that anything played out as "fact" probably isn't. Or at least as factual as claimed.

About 10 years ago, I simultaneously studied World Religions and World History (prior to 1500 A.D.). It was probably the first time I opened my eyes for myself to see the effects of religion on history and the effects of history on religion.

There's a lot to be discovered....I can't wait to see where it all goes. Thanks for putting together another solid post!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

you're saying that humans began to develop their intellects during the Age of Gemini. on the other hand, some claim that Sphinx was built during the Age of Leo.

makes you wonder, if you got some of it wrong, what does it mean...

I've debated for years against the strictly "Linear" progress of mankind. Peaks and Valleys. There were thousands of years between the two periods. Not all knowledge or ability is lost completely from one period to the next. Just a lessening. The Hypogeum in Malta for example. Was carved out in antiquity, to some it's just an interesting prehistoric cave, however encoded in its design are acoustical properties that we in the 21st century are just now properly analyzing. Yet, we have played with acoustics for thousands of years...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join