It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Ancients knew...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Glad to see you posting again--thanks for a relatively thorough OP that does cause one to think.

Although, here's where I challenge some of the assertions laid out, here: This type of discussion is akin to self-fulfilling prophecies, where we look at something said/written in the past and attribute it to things happening in the present (and foreseeable future) and say, "Yep, that's what They meant, and it's happening right before our eyes!"

The thing about the astrological signs is that they were defined and stories made up about them so many human generations ago that we cannot even pinpoint the exact genesis of these associated stories with constellations (since they were, generally speaking, most likely oral traditions for generations before being literally written in stone). So stories and legends and myths and explanations were created to suit the beliefs and unknowns of people way back when, and some of us today try to attribute these explanations to fit what's happening in our own lives.

Please don't misunderstand me--I love discussing how the symbolism and ages can be used to explain ancient mythos or attributions to certain historical characters and their actions, but to use these millennia-old "ages" to predict what the world will be like in the next 2200 years.

I think that if we tried hard enough (and many people in the world do), we could figure out a way to fit what's happening in the world into any age of the zodiac, and that's why I find this line of discussion interesting, but not much deeper than that.

Of course, I could absolutely be wrong, and that's why I still appreciate threads like this, but when a society moves into such deep knowledge and scientific understanding (relative to the ancient past and even recent past, anyhow), it would seem that the need to believe in zodiacal ages and their ancient interpretations would fall to the wayside.

Again, though, who knows, so thanks for the thought-producing thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nice post!

But why do people still say we are NOT in the age of aquarius?
>"Although we are not in the Age of Aquarius yet,"<
we ARE! look it up please.

("For the next 2000 years we will be in the Aquarian Age. We have been in
the transition from the Piscean Age to the Aquarian Age for the last 50
years. The official beginning of the Aquarian Age is November 11, 2011
or 11/11/11. Some people have set this date as December 21, 2012.")

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
nice silage...

how many precessions has Earth undergone in the last 260 million years...well divide by 26,000 and then One might have a handle on just how many past civilizations once had their time-in-the-Sun, in the History of Earth

~~~~~~~~~

here is a site concerning Indian Mythology...(concerning past EarthAges spanning multi-millions of years..)

iow... post ice age 12000bce is not the start of the cycle of Ages for the parade of sentient beings of Earth

www.voxspace.in...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.youtube.com...
a 13
o+ minute video about Rama

just another viewpoint

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Always informative and interesting posts Slayer... S&F as usual.

Homo Sapiens 315,000 years to date but that's not to say it's the first time we evolved??

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Intriguing video.

Slayer, love all of your threads. If I don't comment, I always leave a flag and star. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's hard for me to contribute to such an awesome thread. So like you, just want to share my appreciation.

Slayer never disappoints.

edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Earths Moon is an interesting enigma to me. I have some thoughts on that that I may write and post on in some future thread. I'm sure I'll tweak some noses/ Stay tuned

You might find this to be interesting material about the moon.

varchive.org...

The period when the Earth was Moonless is probably the most remote recollection of mankind. Democritus and Anaxagoras taught that there was a time when the Earth was without the Moon.(1) Aristotle wrote that Arcadia in Greece, before being inhabited by the Hellenes, had a population of Pelasgians, and that these aborigines occupied the land already before there was a moon in the sky above the Earth; for this reason they were called Proselenes

The memory of a world without a moon lives in oral tradition among the Indians. The Indians of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Cordilleras of Colombia relate some of their tribal reminiscences to the time before there was a moon. “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens,” say the tribesmen of Chibchas

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

This is a really good post, It reminds me a lot about the book "hamlets mill" and that all ancient civilisations shared a common understanding of our position in the stars based on the procession of the equinoxes !
Our zodiac signs and the ages , the seasons , everything derived from the movement of the stars!

I wonder what the age of scorpio would be like , maybe I was born too early or too late

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

hey could you just clarify when the age of Aquarius starts please, i have just been researching some Jung on UFOs and came across this.... "As we know from ancient Egyptian history, they are manifestations of psychic changes which always appear at the end of one Platonic month and at the beginning of another. Apparently they are changes in the constellation of psychic dominants, of the archetypes, or 'gods' as they used to be called, which bring about, or accompany, long-lasting transformations of the collective psyche. The transformation started in the historical era and left its traces first in the passing of the aeon of Taurus into that of Aries, and then of Aries into Pisces, whose beginning coincides with the rise of Christianity. We are now nearing that great change which may be expected when the spring point enters Aquarius."
www.cgjungpage.org...
i thought it was relevant.
thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Klassified

To me that picture Slayer posted of the Sphinx before all the repair work was undertaken proves the head is not contemporary with the body. Just look at the erosion on the body compared to the face. The face is clearly much less eroded apart from the nose which was probably vandalised.

Whatever it was originally is anyone’s guess but I think it must have altered at some point.

Funny, when I spotted that in the OP my immediate thought was "the Sphinx looks like a throned pharo buried up to his belly button with his arms and torso detail eroded away completely

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I thought that the mainstream idea for the sphinx was that it was constructed in the age of Leo and therefore it was a lion's head and body !

and over time the egyptians found it and carved the lion face to resemble a pharoah

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the face of the Sphinx was intentionally vandalized, so as to destroy evidence of who was responsible for much of the Ancient Egyptian civilization.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the work, of Richard Cassaro? I believe you would be very interested in his articles, especially because they make a very strong argument for a previous worldwide civilization that was destroyed by a cataclysm, and uses this to begin to explain the congruent, and widespread symbolism across the Globe; from the Pyramids, the the Hindu Swastika being found on nearly every continent, across all of time, similarities in languages separated by vast distances and time, etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas

I was under the impression that the face of the Sphinx was intentionally vandalized, so as to destroy evidence of who was responsible for much of the Ancient Egyptian civilization.

It was "vandalized" twice that we know of. Once when pharaoh put his face on it, and again when the nose was destroyed. I don't think the first time was to hide its history, but rather pharaoh wanted to be immortalized in stone, and be thought of as a god. Also, it is very likely the original head was animal rather than human.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

After reading your post this song that my parents used to play popped into my head.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Um the Sphinx is 4 animals not just a lion..

Man-lion = spring-fall cycle of life. The other attributes, bull + eagle, the beasts, represent the cycle of death which did not exist until the fall of man.

You cant talk about movement of the stars without acknowledging the waveforms which cause their movement. Summer and winter are relatively new seasons caused by the reflection from the core of the Galaxy. Space is full of standing waves, the spiraling input (sines) and their reflections from the cores (squares)
edit on 22-10-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Sorry for not replying sooner "Life Happened" Anyhoo

I think some of the symbolism is very much with us under other metaphors, myths, connotations etc. Also, I think many simply do not understand what it is they see on almost a daily basis for what they are or represent. "Hiding in plain sight"

Take a trip to Washington DC if you haven't already. Many still believe this country was founded on "Christian Values" for example, meanwhile, almost all the official buildings are decorated with everything BUT christian symbolism. Greek, Roman, Aramaic, Mesopotamian/Babylonian/Sumerian even Mayan Symbols are rife all over the Capital, Not to mention obvious Egyptian influence. The founders and those that followed chose very specifically what to display and where to display them and in certain sequences and orientation. They knew why and for what reasons. The Average Tourists Foreign or Domestic haven't a clue as to why or their meanings.

It's interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Thanks for the reply, I agree with that we have begun the Aquarian period. The transition period started middle of last century with it officially kicking off more recently.

Interesting that the Air sign Aquarius is known as the "Water Bearer" I read that as Earth and it's inhabitants/us in this next age will have to bear or "deal" with a burden of a much wetter planet with higher ocean levels.

Seems to be coming together naturally but man has contributed

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas

Are you familiar with the work, of Richard Cassaro? I believe you would be very interested in his articles, especially because they make a very strong argument for a previous worldwide civilization that was destroyed by a cataclysm

No, I hadn't heard of him. I have since watched quite a few of his YouTube videos and have read a few pages. I'll post the following

We find it in every major ancient culture that built pyramids—in the Americas, Africa and Asia. The GodSelf Icon is “THE MISSING LINK” connecting these ancient pyramid cultures to each other, and possibly to an earlier advanced Golden Age Mother Culture, a “lost civilization” so remote it´s been forgotten. The GodSelf Icon depicts a human or human-like figure facing forward, holding twin objects symmetrically in each hand. These objects are usually staffs or animals, sometimes serpents.In my 2011 book, Written in Stone, I included a chapter announcing my discovery of the GodSelf Icon. I showed how the ancient pyramid cultures all shared not only the GodSelf Icon, but also a series of three-door temples that I named “Triptych Temples.”

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yes this is the Mayan Calender 2012 ens of the world or whatever thing that no one talks about

Ita pretty obvious that there has been a lead up to and a lot of changes in the last 100 years as the newer frequency takes over.

We are kind of in a polarity reversal it seens maybe on more of a - or + side of the sine wave or think of it in terms of CPU or processing. How a Hz creates binary code. This logiic can be applied to different cosmic scales as well.

I'm rambling but anyway yes there are several different interpretations of the energetic shift that's the main driver behind our social, physical and technological changes that have been increasing in intensity and scale

Think social justice reform, economic change, SJWs . this is just the beginning of this new energy brace for a lot of change in polarity

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join