It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh I missed my boys Timely and Skiddy.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
...and we chair danced into the night ...😉

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

oooh, thanks! I was so confused there for a minute. I saw Santana in the title but knew it was Chad Kroeger from Nickelback singing. I love Nickelback!

Found them playing together here...

ETA They are having so much fun! Great guitar work in this and of course love the vocals!
edit on 17-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, if it ain't one thing, it's another
The rabbit's doing much better, eating on his own and burning off pent up energy. He goes in for a tooth and nail trim & general check-up tomorrow, so there's that to look forward to.

But since that source of stress has resolved itself (with a little forcing from the humans) now hubby's shoulder is screwed up. Enough that he came home early tonight, which he never does unless he's seriously sick or in serious pain. Evidently, a few days ago, he torqued his shoulder joint pretty bad helping load an order into a semi, and yes, he filled out workman's comp paperwork (HIS boss kind of nagged him until he did yesterday)
He's being a belligerent ass about it, but I intend to help his boss & coworkers nag him into an appointment if it doesn't start feeling better by Thursday. He's one of those irrationally stubborn types that will try to walk off a broken ankle if he can get away with it (he did try to "walk off" a broke elbow once after we started dating)
It's hard to tell what's going on, it could be a rotator cuff injury, a torn muscle, or impingement/Swimmer's Shoulder (which, IIR, is a precursor to cuff injuries if it progresses) I've had impingement a few times myself, that's pretty easy to let resolve on it's own, it just takes time & being very mindful of not using that arm for much (there's a fine line between resting a shoulder, and triggering Frozen Shoulder)
But a cuff injury or a torn muscle, I wouldn't even know where to begin self-treating with those (I don't think anyone would advise that anyway)

Bah, I'm going to go light a candle and get a cookie. We got some Keebler Grasshoppers for the first time since spring tonight (had to make a Motrin & new heating pad run for his shoulder) I think that and lighting our Yankee Candle Evening Star candle will do nicely (I highly suggest that scent for you, Night! VERY relaxing! Pricey candles from them, though...)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh no! Skiddy suffers with shoulder pain. At different times, both Hubby and I had a shoulder act up where we couldn't even lift our arm. Painful as hell. A simple shot brought us back to normal. I hope your Husbands shoulder is an easy fix.

I love scented candles and wax melts! I have bought the Yankee ones in a wax melt as they are so much cheaper than the big candles. Very soothing.

Glad that Bert is doing better. Now you can rest normally without the 3 hour feedings.

I have a very stubborn Husband too so I can relate. LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Make sure he gets his shoulder looked at. It's nothing you want to let go. It only gets worse.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good morning Shed Family!

Just popping in to say "hello".

My fellow Canadians will likely be absent today as they are running amok smoking legal marijuana, lol.

I have a contractor here doing a few repairs so I'm helping (by staying out of his way).

I hope everyone is well and will check back later.
💙💚💜

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

edit on 17-10-2018 by Autorico because: better vid

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gah, I keep missing people in here.

Hello Jacy, Skiddy and Brent and whoever may be lurking! Throws pizza out for the lurkers.

Our normal Insurance guy isn't with the company anymore, so a new one is coming over to meet us in a while. Don't worry, we won't allow him to sell us more insurance. LOL

Rested well last night thank God!

I have to sort my weekly pill containers. I have two plastic containers with little compartments for each day of the week. It's a lot easier than opening up all the med and vitamin bottles every day.

Hope everyone is well this fine Autumn day!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like the squirrel has been at it again.

His wife was not pleased.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So, winter is upon us here in the North East Kingdom Vermont.today we had sleet and are looking at flurries tonight.

I unplugged and drained the hoses for the garden,pulled up the trestle's for the tomatoes cucumbers and beans, filled up our firewood box for the wood stove,and raked the leaves, it was a busy day. But necessary with our incoming weather.

m.accuweather.com...

I hope everyone is warm and comfy ,enjoying the pinnacle of perfection pixie cocktails,and just plain ole relaxing.

/topOfTheMountain-notKeepingTrackButstillCounting-groupHuddle-RaisingcuddlesFromTheRubble-scratchycheekStubble-floatingBubbles-FillUpYerJug-withFirefl yBugs-highflyingHugs Everyone!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Today my babys (cats) are doing what they do best. That of laying next to each other on my bed as they are obviously worn out from a long day of laying next to each other on my bed.

Everytime I pet the kiddos I remember that I'm not the only one who lost someone when my wife passed away. These babys spent at half their lives so far with her. They are the ones to find her lifeless body the morning that she died. They both alerted me of this in a cat way. That of standing outside the bedroom door with a look on their faces that said "you better check this out, there is a problem".

I wonder what went on in their heads when they noticed that she was no longer breathing and was carried away by the EMS's to never be seen again. I wonder what memories they hold of her today.

One thing that spooked me a bit after her death was that of the cats coming up to my face while I am in bed. I didn't know what was up until I concluded that they were checking to see if I was breathing still. They don't do that very much anymore but there is always at least one in bed with me while I sleep and they still get close to my head in their own way to check on how I'm doing.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

It's been chilly here my fellow New Englander. No sleet or snow yet. You can keep that stuff!
How are you today?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awww, Blue, cats are amazing little creatures and have emotions too. Good thing they have such a loving kitty Dad.

You reminded of me of this meme I have.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
and whoever may be lurking! Throws pizza out for the lurkers.

Always...

Thanks you for the pizza..

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh, Man...

That's so sad. I'm so sorry to hear that.

And lately, if the kitties come in at night when my wife's asleep, or I let them in early in t he morning before she awakes (I'm always up first), one of them goes up to her face.

I wondered why they did that. But maybe they sense something is not quite right? I don't know...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Yes Mike, cats pick up on how a person is feeling physically and emotionally. As I've been down due to lack of transportation lately on of mine has a habit of laying on top of me for a few minutes each night to offer what comfort she can.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yes, they're amazing, really.

We've talked before, haven't we?

I'm sure we have, but why can't I remember for sure? It's so strange. Maybe I'm just tired?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

You are just tired, or perhaps it's your medication. We've talked and PMed before.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Glad to know my memory's not complely awry. Thank you.

You're right: it's probably a combination of things: the meds, being tired.

I'm just sorry that right now, I can't recall any details of our conversations.

Just one question: why is "Low Earth Orbit" your "Location"? Is is making use of its acronym to indicate you're a Leo? Or am I over-thinking? (I do that at times.)

Meanwhile, I'm trying to remember your wife's name. Because -- well although I can't recall details I am sure you said some very loving things to me about her.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join