It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good morning!

It is almost 6 AM here and i just finished my second mug of coffee and that is the amount i always drink it in the morning. I have to go downtown today. Or i can go, let's put it that way. Been alone at home since monday afternoon and my last brain cell is starting to decompose.

Congratulations to Canadian people, and much respect again towards Canada for once again showing what a fine, civilized, modern nation it is! Still, inventing ice hockey was a bigger thing than legal MJ

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Still, inventing ice hockey was a bigger thing than legal MJ

😆 You have no idea how many Canadians would agree with you.

Enjoy the fresh air on your walk today Fin. It was beautiful here today for a fall day. Sunny and 17C.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Carved the Halloween pumpkin tonight, the kids had fun drawing a vampire jack-o-lantern face for the adults to carve out

I also decided I'm tired of just chucking the pumpkin guts every year, it seems like an inexcusable waste of something that could be snuck in other things for at least a fiber boost. So I separated out the seeds for roasting, and pureed everything else (not the skin, obviously) pith & all.

Right now, I'm simmering it to cook off some of the excess moisture, but even partially cooked, it actually tastes pretty good, and is reasonable in texture (not gritty anymore, the former grit is very soft & should continue to cook down further) It should do quite well in a pie and breads, and maybe pumpkin butter if I can manage making it. I don't know about that one, I've never made pumpkin butter before, so I'm still researching recipes.

Oh, and for anyone that was following Bert the rabbit's force-feeding the last few days, the vet gave him a clean bill of health this morning and was extremely pleased that we managed to get enough syringe food in him to maintain his weight -- he didn't lose so much as a gram!
edit on 10/17/2018 by Nyiah because: Oops, one O too many in 'lose'.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was hoping to get a pumpkin to stuff this year. You know, with hamburger, onions, rice, salt and pepper and ground cloves. I love roasting the seeds too.

I usually get out a couple of times of weeks and on my day out with my Sister, I get extra things so my grocery day won't be so heavy. A pumpkin, even if small is heavy when carrying all kinds of things up 3 flights of steps on grocery days. She is bringing me to the Doctors on Friday, but then I'm coming home to meet my friend as it is our normal grocery/errand day and lunch.

Maybe next week I can get a small turkey and a pumpkin.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hi Fin and Sheye!

Rather tired and achy right now, but I keep popping in and checking on everyone.

Congrats Canada! It is legal in some States, but in mine we have only compassion centers for medical marijuana and you need a special card and ID.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So .... where are your pics of the Jack 'o' lantern ?

Glad bugs is OK ... Looks like Xmas lunch is sorted !

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

LOL!

Hugs for Timely!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes
but when you look back
everything is different

_C.S. Lewis

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Whee

Finally getting some things done. Pharmacy visit, Laundry, cleaning, cooking. Got the flow going on. Drinking coca-cola.

I found this cat pic that fits halloween, but i don't know if the pic is fake or real.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I found this cat pic that fits halloween, but i don't know if the pic is fake or real.

I would call that cat...Scully!! (X Files reference, but the white part totally looks like a skull to me!)

Hi Finn...and everybody!

I'm a little scattered this morning but would like to try to say "hello" and reply to everyone in separate individual posts. Starting at the end and moving backwards, lol...but it makes sense to me.

Love and hugs to everybody! xoxo

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi sweetie! I hope you are feeling better today! (and Mark too!)

It actually was snowing here last night but thankfully it didn't stay.
I'm moving slow, feeling old and achy this morning (ugh!). About to go and do my dishes now.
Will be popping in, in between my random attempts at being productive.
💟

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hey Timely! Haven't really talked to you for a while.
How have you been?

I miss playing acronyms, lol.
Every now and then I pop in to see what the latest word is. My foggy brain goes blank but I figure one day I will get back into it again.

Time to throw another shrimp on the barbie...hehe...I have no shrimp, so most likely it will be toast.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Whee

Finally getting some things done. Pharmacy visit, Laundry, cleaning, cooking. Got the flow going on. Drinking coca-cola.

"The Purr-nisher"

Or

"The Purr-minator"

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I would name him Frank Cat-stle

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Well hello there! *hugs*
I thought I was alone in here...so nice to see you.
☺

How are things going in your world? Are you still working the garden or has the cold weather hit your area? (I forget where you're located!). It's chilly here today but at least the sun is shining.

Oh, and I'm still sticking with my cat name Scully.
I think it's just purr-fect, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good moring Jacy, Mike, Fin and everyone else who is around
hope your day is goin' good.
edit on 18-10-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey hun! It's a lazy day for me here, I didn't wake up until 11:30 am. I ran my self ragged yesterday and now I'm just recuperating.

We got about a half inch of snow last night. The garden is done.. I live in Sheffield vermont on a mountain about a an hour from the Canadian border. between the elevation and how far north we are the weather can be a bit extreme at times.

Tomorrow and Saturday will warm back up to the low fifties, then we plummet temperatures again.

m.accuweather.com...

It's getting time to hook the plow up to the ranger

How are you faring today? It's nice to have you back posting here! I know I don't post often but I read along everyday.

/Huuuuuuuuugs!,
~joe

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hi Autorico!

Nice to see you today.

I'm just finishing off my "to do" list and I need to run out soon and grab a few groceries.

I'm planning on coming back and spending the rest of the day in the Shed but I'm out of snacks (which is terrible!).
I hope you're having a good day...hopefully see you guys when I get back.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Godd moring Jacy, Mike, Fin and everyone else who is around
hope your day is goin' good.

Hey there!

I liked the Frank CaTstle name!

Good stuff!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link