It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi Wis and Jacy! I'm watching paranormal shows and might have to lay down for a bit. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

Beautiful breed! Many years ago, one of my friends had an X who bred rabbits. We once went to a place that sold various breeds. I remember seeing these giant rabbits, they were huge and just gorgeous! Forget the name of them but I had no idea they could get that big. So cool!

The kind that are as big as something like a Spaniel or a Beagle? Those are Flemish Giants, and yeppers, they're huge! I think they average 20 lbs, and get between 2 and 3 feet long. That's the kind hubs wanted before we settled on ours, the bigger they get, the more they eat & the more hutch space they need. I had to remind hubby a rabbit can eat it's body size in hay alone daily, and that plus supplemental pellets and fresh daily veggies would get pretty expensive quickly.

Not only that, the hutch would have to be custom built to accommodate one that large with a humane amount of space. They need their "safe" spaces even if they're free roamers -- ours is only 4 lbs, but has over 24 square feet of combined space on both his hutch's levels, and I'm not satisfied it's large enough (he has twice the minimum living space for his size) He's an odd rabbit, though. All the space he has, and he prefers to lay down on the ramp to his upstairs, lol.

For a Flemish, the hutch would have to be at least 18 square feet. But I prefer two-level hutches so they have plenty of room, so my standard would be at least 36 square feet for one. And they have to be at least as tall as bunny is so they can stand & stretch, so 3 feet tall for a single level, or 6 (!!) for a two-level.

That's not even including an enclosed run for extra exercise space, either. Since we just leave the hutch doors open and he comes and goes as he pleases, there's no need for a run. He won't roam the house, he won't even leave the living room (we accidentally trained him to not leave it, it wasn't intentional -- blocked off the hall to the stairs so he wouldn't get stepped on and now he won't go that way at all) He's not left unsupervised, but some people "bunny proof" their homes and let their rabbits have the run of the house like a cat or dog.

I'd love a Rhinelander or Hotot someday in addition to our buddy, though!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

YES! Flemish Giants! I was too tired to look it up earlier. I was shocked when I first saw them as I had never heard of them before. Very cool though! I was like...WOW!
You are very knowledgable about rabbits. Once a person gets any kind of a pet, they should research it to know how to properly care for them. Sadly, many people don't.

edit on 13-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Have you hugged your dragon today?

edit on 14-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Beautiful!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Good Morning, pouring some magical coffee while staying on schedule.

My inner clock woke me up with out an alarm, 3:45 sharp, if I don't stay on my time regiment my poor body will tell me.
Being a natural lifelong early bird it is all good.

Bert inspired this picture.

Coffee any one?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

That's way too early for me, so enjoy your coffee in peace.

ETA And a good morning to you.
edit on 14/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I am having a blast. Whipping up a Chilli with lots of punch, a semi Irish Stew, and cleaning.

I am so grateful to still have a roof over my head. Whoosh

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the coffee lady!

I may try to clean some today as well, played with my new toy too long yesterday LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Thanks for the coffee lady!

Welcome, I could kill for a fresh bagel, smothered in butter and a drip of heather honey.
HUGS Whoosh

edit on 14-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Didn't like what I wrote, not kosher

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wis, you were up before I even went to bed. Magical coffee? How delightful! Yes, I'll have some. Love the pics!

Light, hello! Agreed, that would have been too early for me as well.

Chirp, I'm too tired to even think of cleaning right now. Love the little owl! It reminded me of this pic that got to TrueBrit every time. LOL

edit on 14-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'll be twit-twooing in the trees until WIS gets back with that chilli. I'll stay awake all night with very-wide eyes for a good chilli.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL, and here I thought it was an owl I heard. If you need to sleep, I'm sure Wis will gladly save you some. I'll take some too, I don't feel like cooking. Oh, I forgot I have yummy left overs. Right now, I just want and need my coffee.

Nice to see you Matthew.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sure guys, it is ready. Take as much ass you want. Don't be shy, there is enough for everyone.

It is a little "spicy" and very special so be careful.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good day Shedittes, hope everyone is doin' OK

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Gets bowl and spoon out.
I'm ready to try it. I won't be breathing fire after will I?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

'ello Brent! How are you today? Woke up with my leg on fire and hurting, not the best way to greet the day, but I took my meds and feel better.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Bahahaha, look carefully at what you wrote. I just caught it. LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not bad. I think I'm getting the cold that my mother and Grandmother have even though I've been trying to avoid them and stay down stairs

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join