It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

I'll check back in after jeopardy.
Happy Hugs Day !

Respectfully,
~meathead

I love jeopardy, but only sharing it with some one else. Mom and I watched it religiously, she was way better than me even though she only had seven years of education. She read and studied everything and anything her whole life.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Hear the wind blow / Like you, it just wants to go
Flow upon the tallest of mountains / And the fountains of youth
Because the truth / Is something to be found from inside
No need to hide / Or hear later “They lied!”
See the leaves drop from the trees / At ease
Breeze / Will bring you all the remedies
That you ever wished for / And more
Let it cleanse you like never before
Feel the changing season / Sense emotion and reason
Maintain balance / And gratitude
Longitude and latitude

Wow Fin I really liked this, you managed to paint pictures in my mind. You should write more, exercise those muscles.

How are you?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

You are a good bunny Mom. I can only hope that your sweet pet will be ok.

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Poor Bunny. Hello to sick bunny.

It must be very stressful to you, I hate when my babies suffer and I can't do anything. Hugs in bundles.

Thanks to both of you, it really is very stressful & the kind words mean a lot. It helps that our vet is a VERY patient man and doesn't mind at all any of the silly first-timer bunny parent questions I ask. Sometimes repeatedly, lol. He encourages a Q & A session every time we go in for a tooth trimming (every 4-6 weeks)
Asking so many questions, and sometimes repeating the questions/asking for clarification since we got the rabbit last summer has helped us be more knowledgeable and better prepared for possible problems like this. I think that's sort of his point, to be as prepared as possible through discussing anything & everything with him.

I managed to get him to eat most of his slurry -- of the 20 CCs I prepared, he ate 15 (that's a big reduction in what he spits out and wastes) AND he ate all of his simethicone dose. Half of that usually gets spit out, too. He's good for a few hours for now, but he's really not going to be very happy with me for the next few days doing this. He already played "Escape & Evade" in the living room after we finished up, plus a couple of pissed bunny foot thumps. He's still got enough energy to be mobile & mad, so that's a good sign.
edit on 10/13/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey Honey Bunches!

I'm not caught up, in fact I'm many pages behind...just saw you and thought I would grab a *hug*!

Hi everybody! *waving*

I have missed you all....sorry I'm not caught up on how everyone is doing...reading now, so will get there soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I had an adorable bunny many years ago. Mark and I never had kids, but we had plenty of pets through the years. They are family.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Hey Honey Bunches!

Hi Sugar Muffin, you haven't been gone. You have been right here in our hearts.
Here is a snuggle hug

I declared it Hug Marathon Day this morning, I should have asked for permission, but who out rules a hug?
Must slumber soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hello Jacy!!!!!

Hello Wis!!!!!

Hello whoever is lurking!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It sounds like you have a really great vet. Finding a good vet is like finding a dentist who actually pays attention when it hurts.
I have zero knowledge of rabbits other then they like to "breed' so it is rather interesting to read your endeavors with "Bunny"; does it have a name and a gender? It feels so "impersonal" to say "Bunny" .

edit on 13-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: poop

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello to you too, Hoo Hoo.
I have all these hugs to hand out and now I am tired. But here is one.
You can share it with you now Who.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hey WIS and Night! Oh thank you, hugs are always appreciated.

Geez I've missed so much...pretty much this whole Shed!! I will read it all though!

We had a bunny once, Jackson.
He used to sleep on my chest inside a hoodie, like a baby snuggly, lol.
I love bunnies too.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I have two shows I try to watch, jeopardy and general hospital..

In the summer I miss a lot of general hospital because it's on in the afternoon. Luckily, the plot moves very slow, so missing a few episodes does not leave you clueless.

Me and my parents watch jeopardy and wheel of fortune every night after dinner. They are in there late sixties, I m in my mid forties, and you can definitely see the generation gap on things we are able to answer as far as pop culture/entertainment questions.

And I agree it's not as fun to play along at home without company. Somethings my parents answer I wonder where and why they acquired that little useless factoid...

I'm sorry for your loss, I have no words, I could not imagine the pain.. I don't know if I could watch those shows the same way again .

/HUGS

---

Nyiah,
My sister and brother and law kept bunnies with the intent to harvest them for food. They bred a litter, and raised them and slaughtered them all but the mom and pop.

After dealing with it and realizing how gruesome and horrific the ordeal was for so little meat, they decided to keep the parents as pets but not mate them.

When they moved the pop had already passed but the mommy Frannie was still alive, so I offered to keep Frannie up on the mountain(we had adjoining property before they sold).

She had the sweetest demeanor for, how in my opinion she was treated,.she would let you pet her and eat greens out of my hand.

I built her a new hutch, a palace really, out of old wooden pallets and screen..then built a wooden frame around that so I could insulate it with hay bales during the winter.

She passed two years ago from old age..

It seems to me you are dedicated to making sure your lovely comes through this okay. She may or may not know it (She Does
) but she is very lucky to have You there.

I hope everything works out for your little sweety.

Give the little bugger a soft scratch behind her floppy ears for me

/Hugs

--

I'm going to take a MM break, I will try to pop back in later if I don't pass out.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The owl said to tell you thank you!

I love the hug and pic!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

It sounds like you have a really great vet. Finding a good vet is like finding a dentist who actually pays attention when it hurts.

The first vet office we tried didn't have a vet specializing in rabbits/rodents, so they had no one to care for him well. They referred us to our vet office, who does have the vet specializing in rabbits & rodents. You're right in that it's hard to find a vet that actually cares, and this guy absolutely does. He's not a spring chicken, he's been doing it for decades, and never rushes an appointment -- he even schedules tooth trims in the mornings before they open to accommodate my husband's overnight work schedule, if the day is booked. I've had a lot of vets over the years for cats and dogs, but none were are happy to spend time just cuddling the animals before or after getting down to business. They were always all about getting the appointment done & us out the door. Not this guy, he certainly goes the extra mile & then some.

I have zero knowledge of rabbits other then they like to "breed' so it is rather interesting to read your endeavors with "Bunny"; does it have a name and a gender? It feels so "impersonal" to say "Bunny" .

His name is Bert (the kids named him) but my husband calls him Fuzzy Nuts XD

This is from last year, so not exactly recent, but he doesn't look any different. Pardon the books in the picture, we were training him to stay out from under the furniture at the time.

He hasn't tried to "breed" with anything or anyone at all, but he's not neutered, either. Side note: It's not technically necessary to neuter a male rabbit unless they're aggressive, and he's not aggressive. Females need spayed as a rule, or they can develop reproductive cancers as a sure bet. Even the vet isn't quite sure why females have such a high degree of reproductive cancers, but they do, it's practically a guarantee they'll die of it if never spayed.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Hi Joe! Enjoy every moment you can with those you love. The Holidays are not the same without your Parents and there are so many things that bring up wonderful memories and can make you sad and happy and thankful as well.

My Parents and I loved watching Archie Bunker and other old comedies.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

He is gorgeous! Is it an angora? You can have someone make yarn from his fur.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You and I had our ferrets too.

The pic isn't of mine, but looks just like her. Miss my girl!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He is gorgeous! Is it an angora? You can have someone make yarn from his fur.

Not an Angora, but a Lionhead, actually
They can get really, really furry like Angoras do, but he's got a relatively short coat compared to other Lionheads.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

a reply to: jacygirl

You and I had our ferrets too.

The pic isn't of mine, but looks just like her. Miss my girl!

Aww yeah...that looks just like my Sophie. 💓💓

Hi Joe, so great to see you here too!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

…. and general hospital..
General Hospital!!!!

Mom used to send me out of the house when she watched that and I remember her missing it very much when we moved to Denmark.

Me and my parents watch jeopardy and wheel of fortune every night after dinner.
Count your blessings dear, I envy you.

I'm sorry for your loss, I have no words, I could not imagine the pain..

That is so sweet of you and it is still painful thirty years and counting this year. Mom and Dad had me at a rather advanced age.
There are so many things I never could share with them, little things, sunsets, morning coffee, Dad telling me about his trees and the "old days". Just sitting down for a meal. Holding a frail hand that had comforted me through rough times. I miss them so much.
So many hugs and kisses I couldn't give.

They say time heals, but it doesn't erase love and longing.

Thank you for letting me remember, I suppress it, always

I'm going to take a MM break, I will try to pop back in later if I don't pass out.

Que? Did you mean M&Ms' ?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Beautiful breed! Many years ago, one of my friends had an X who bred rabbits. We once went to a place that sold various breeds. I remember seeing these giant rabbits, they were huge and just gorgeous! Forget the name of them but I had no idea they could get that big. So cool!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join