It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! *hugs* back!

I think we should start a GoFundMe page to buy that castle. (Half joking, half wishful thinking)

We would have to explain why we need an entire castle...room for the numerous dragons, a rather large Troll...pixies, elves and fairies, etc.
"Large Soul Family from around the world requires new home as we are rapidly out-growing our Shed...?"

I don't know...stranger things have happened, lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Haha! Brilliant idea! I'm in!

Been poking around youtube. I start watching one thing, catch something on the side that looks interesting and jump to that. Haven't looked for a movie yet.

I'm planning on how I will decorate my castle room.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

One of my favourite old tunes.

Thank you for posting it.

Another oldie ..

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I just emailed this info to a Shed member who is dealing with stress and thought I would share it with everybody.

There is a YouTube video/song called Weightless by Marconi Union. It is supposed to reduce anxiety by up to 65%. I used to listen to it at night when I was in the shelter and I couldn't get away from the screaming/crying/noise from other people.

There is an extended version that lasts for hours and I would let it play all night.
It really did seem to help me feel calm.

Either on headphones or just playing in the background...it's gentle ambient music.
Something to try if nothing else is helping.
🎵💙

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Is this the one you meant ? short version

This one is also very soothing

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Found a vid and yes, there are longer versions. I will be trying out after my movie. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yes...thank you!!

I don't know how to post a video when I'm on the tablet. If anyone wants the longer one they can just search for it and add "extended version".

I like the second one you posted too. Sometimes the regular songs that I normally like just have too many memories attached to them so the ambient sounds work better.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sometimes the regular songs that I normally like just have too many memories attached to them so the ambient sounds work better.

I can totally relate to how music you like brings back emotional memories.

Best to listen to things that soothe the heart rather than agitate it through sad emotions.

Wishing you peace and hope Jacy.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Aww thank you Sheye...and the same to you.

Everybody I know seems to be overwhelmed lately so I thought I would share something that helped me get through some rough days (and nights).
It's nice that we all support each other...I have no problem admitting that I sometimes need to know somebody cares, even if they are so very far away from me.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It's nice that we all support each other...I have no problem admitting that I sometimes need to know somebody cares, even if they are so very far away from me.

On some level I think we all need to know there are people out there who genuinely care...even if you’re not going through difficult times..

It becomes even more important when you are going through tough times. That emotional support can make or break you.

I got some bad news from my neurologist a month ago. She diagnosed me with early Parkinson’s disease, and I need to go for an MRI. I have slight tremors in one hand and a few other symptoms. Am on some medication that reduces symptoms but there is no cure for Parkinsons.😕

Like I didn’t have enough to deal with as far as medical issues go.🙄

Refuse to feel sorry for myself though and I’ll plug my way through it.
Sorry for unloading.😕
edit on 7-11-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Oh geez, you're not unloading! These are the things we need to be able to talk about.
Health issues are so terribly frightening especially if we are alone with no one at home to help us.

I'm so sorry you've been given something more to worry about.

I actually have some symptoms of things that I have yet to get checked out because I don't feel like I can handle any more bad news.
Thank you for sharing that news and if there is anything I can do please let me know...even if it's just to listen.
No one should have to face such news alone.
*hugs*

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the hug , you’re so kind.

I’ll be ok Jacy. My family knows and are supportive. I just need to start planning for the future, when I won’t be able to do things for myself. That may be a long way off ,with medication , and hopefully I can accept the stages with grace and courage.

Once again thank you for your very kind words.. they really do mean so much. May they be returned to you ten fold, at a time when most needed.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I hope you do have help and support. That is something I don't have and the future scares me.

Hopefully things will go much better than you're expecting (and worrying about)...but please let me know if you need an ear or a shoulder.
We must support each other.
For some of us, internet friends are all we have got.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My eyes are getting droopy so if I disappear I apologize and will check back in the morning.
I hope everyone has a good night.
My sleeping pill is kicking in now thankfully cuz I'm ready for a few hours break and sleep is a great escape.

Love and hugs to all xoxo

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I’m not afraid of dying Jacy, but I am afraid of old age with health complications.

It’s ridiculous what they charge for care homes, and even the dumpy ones can be beyond ones budget.

My poor mother has to be moved again because her care home raised the price.
This is after she went through 250,000.00 paying for previous care homes.

None of her children are ‘wealthy’ .. most of us struggle month to month to keep on top of bills.

It’s way too expensive to live as a senior, though some can afford it. Unfortunately I am not one of those, and the future looks dismal because of it.

People say money doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure can help your sense of security, therefore affecting your wellbeing.

Ok .. enough ranting about my fears lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

G’night Jacy ... sweet dreams.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Prayers to whoever needs them if they help.

Checked on Hubby earlier and tried finishing a movie.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join